Central Bank/Currency Exchange

Forum for discussing in game trades, offers and deals.

Central Bank/Currency Exchange

Postby Enjoyment » Tue May 10, 2016 9:24 pm

Since we had a bunch of popular trade spots all over theworld that uses their own coins, I assume it can vbe really useful to have a place, where we could exchange the coins from one market into the coins of another one...
Any thoughts on it?
As an example - I have some goods to sell for "currency1" at "market1", and "market1" have nothing ineresting for me to offer for "currency1" at the moment. And "market2" does have some interesting goods for me, but it is sold for "currency2" and they're not accepting "currency1". And I leave "market2" without any deals with *useless* "currency1". And "market2" can't buy anything interesting for them from "market1" without "currency1", which could be brought by me.

So. My post is about "Where are those guys, able to build a stand with all the popular currency to exchange for a little percent? Yeap, I never seen "There are XXX hearthlings playing. Among these, there is (even) 1 from Israel", but though...
English is neither my native lang, nor my best side...
Enjoyment
Under curfew

Re: Central Bank/Currency Exchange

Postby Ysh » Tue May 10, 2016 9:32 pm

Why you will not build this one?
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby Enjoyment » Tue May 10, 2016 9:36 pm

Ysh wrote:Why you will not build this one?

I live too far away of most trading centers and hav none of my chars able to fast travel between them. And why didn't you?
Enjoyment
Under curfew

Postby Ysh » Tue May 10, 2016 9:43 pm

Enjoyment wrote:

I live too far away of most trading centers and hav none of my chars able to fast travel between them. And why didn't you?

So lacking in resource is the reason. I think I also lack this resource. I also do not convinced this one will be the good idea to begin.
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby Enjoyment » Tue May 10, 2016 9:50 pm

Ysh wrote:
Enjoyment wrote:

So lacking in resource is the reason. I think I also lack this resource. I also do not convinced this one will be the good idea to begin.

No. No lacking in any sence it could be in your head. It is my play-style reason. I have no chars with high enough charisma. This is the only reason. And Im sure there are plenty of top-stats guys who have very high charisma and can be interested in futher world trading development. This thread is for them. I just want to know - why doesn't those guys didn't create some simmilar stuff before - what is the reason for them not to do so?
Enjoyment
Under curfew

Postby Ysh » Tue May 10, 2016 10:11 pm

Enjoyment wrote:
Ysh wrote:
Enjoyment wrote:I live too far away of most trading centers and hav none of my chars able to fast travel between them. And why didn't you?

And Im sure there are plenty of top-stats guys who have very high charisma and can be interested in futher world trading development. This thread is for them. I just want to know - why doesn't those guys didn't create some simmilar stuff before - what is the reason for them not to do so?

Maybe I am not the man you will want to answer, since I am not this top-stats guy. But if I can imagine I have access to this, I will still not do this service I think. I do not see value in being able to do this one because I think keeping some reserves of faction funny money is not the good idea for doing. I think you can have a read through my responses and others in this thread for understanding why I think this one.

Ysh

Postby stya » Tue May 10, 2016 10:16 pm

The danger of not controlling the money...

Let's say I'm market1, I see that you have money from market2. I just produce my own money, change it with you without revealing my identity, buy goods from the other merchant. There I just bought goods from my competitor for virtually nothing.
And I don't see any good counter action to that...
stya

Postby Ysh » Tue May 10, 2016 10:21 pm

stya wrote:The danger of not controlling the money...

Let's say I'm market1, I see that you have money from market2. I just produce my own money, change it with you without revealing my identity, buy goods from the other merchant. There I just bought goods from my competitor for virtually nothing.
And I don't see any good counter action to that...

The loser here is not market2, since currency exchange already bought coin from market2 at full value. The loser here is the exchange, who gives away this reserve for free. This is why running exchange is not profitable. Once any minting faction who exchange will hold reserves for decides to screw him, exchange will lose badly.

Ysh

Postby stya » Tue May 10, 2016 10:26 pm

Well at least you get the idea, someone has to get screwed at some point and you would have to have absolute trust in all the involved traders :(
stya

Postby Ysh » Tue May 10, 2016 10:29 pm

stya wrote:Well at least you get the idea, someone has to get screwed at some point and you would have to have absolute trust in all the involved traders :(

Yes, exactly. And what is worse is that this absolute trust can not be known to be broken. As in your example market1 maybe does not buying out all of market2 reserve at exchange. Maybe they will buy a few coins each week. This will look like usual usage and the exchange will not know there is foul play to break this trust. I think many men do not trust their own mothers as much as you will need to trust each faction involved for running such an exchange.

Ysh

Return to Apples For Oranges