-WANTED- ONLY DEAD

Forum for discussing in game trades, offers and deals.

Re: -WANTED- ONLY DEAD

Postby Jesus_Smith_Nandez » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:52 am

it was just a social experiment (gone wrong)
HnH Videos
God bless
Jesus_Smith_Nandez

Postby boreial » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:37 am

The old adage is still true, " There is no honor among thieves."
boreial

Postby Atamzsiktrop » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:25 pm

I think you're lying since this player is trusted and never caused any problems from my experience.
Atamzsiktrop

Postby Patchouli_Knowledge » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:15 pm

Ysh wrote:
Jacobian123 wrote:
Ysh wrote:This is why you never trust.

How can any social structure that lasts be founded without trust somewhere in there? Certainly blind trust isn't found very often, but trust in a village's motives or that people will create an acceptable environment are certainly there. To never trust is stupid. That's not to say always trust everything, because that's not a very good idea either. Always take things with a grain of salt.

In some case you can build structure where trust does not needed. But I think for this game, depending on goal, you can not always accomplish these. I do not have such goal and I talk of my own experience here. Point is still standing to not be betray, you must not trust.

If that is the case, everyone might as well hermit.
-=The law of inverse desire=- The chances of dropping what you want is the reciprocal of how much you want it.
Patchouli_Knowledge

Postby Ysh » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:22 pm

Patchouli_Knowledge wrote:
Ysh wrote:
Jacobian123 wrote:How can any social structure that lasts be founded without trust somewhere in there? Certainly blind trust isn't found very often, but trust in a village's motives or that people will create an acceptable environment are certainly there. To never trust is stupid. That's not to say always trust everything, because that's not a very good idea either. Always take things with a grain of salt.

In some case you can build structure where trust does not needed. But I think for this game, depending on goal, you can not always accomplish these. I do not have such goal and I talk of my own experience here. Point is still standing to not be betray, you must not trust.

If that is the case, everyone might as well hermit.

Everyone who can not handle risk of betray should definite hermit or play with only people they will trusting (e.g. knew from out of game).
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby Patchouli_Knowledge » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:38 pm

It is the inherit risk of socializing in general, not just games, and it is not just betrayal either. The primary reasons why the negative aspect seems to be magnified in this game is 1. Internet Anonymity and 2. For some reason, people seem to gravitate heavily on competition borderlining obsession creating a "either you or them" environment.
-=The law of inverse desire=- The chances of dropping what you want is the reciprocal of how much you want it.
Patchouli_Knowledge

Postby Ysh » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:11 pm

Patchouli_Knowledge wrote:For some reason, people seem to gravitate heavily on competition borderlining obsession creating a "either you or them" environment.

It is natural tendency of man. People like for thing to be simple easy. There is some primal pleasure to be within exclusive group. To be better than other group. To crush this group with no mercy. It is very simple to just reduce interaction to ''my group = good; other group = bad.'' Game in general give people outlet into this natural tendency. The game does create some subuniverse where moral considering is not relevant because game does not reality. If I play some strategy game like Civilization, I do not care for ethic of war. Other player is defined by game as opponent and goal is to win. I have no remorse to destroyed city with nuclear weapon or betray fellow because this is rules of game.

There are some people who do not understand this one. Some player of game take game actions personal. I do not know if you play board game, but for some game like Sorry or Catan, player can get mad if using ''sorry'' card or robber theft to them. They can not separate reality world with game world. They can hold grudge between match or maybe even lose some friendship with player for attack in game.

Point is that I see this type of person here in forum and game few times. This type of person who does not clear split reality from game world. They become betray by player and take this one personal. They come on forum and call this betrayer ''pathetic'' and other type of hurt word. Maybe in some case this is the strategy. To try and appeal to emotion of other to punish the traitor and tarnish the reputation of this man. But I think in some case I see the player is actually real live upset from it. I think the people like this who can not easy handle betray in game should not trust. They should not try to do some action like start faction because it is increase the emotion investing he does into game and will hurt much more for this betrayal.
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby AttackBastion » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:50 am

I'm new to this game and i even know this is scumbaggery you don't swear an oath to a village and then break that oath by stealing stuff you didn't do yourself. Its just common sense here idk why people like that even play games like this ..
AttackBastion

Postby Patchouli_Knowledge » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:00 pm

I think what you are referring is courtesy, which is in short supply here. I mean someone made a "-insert name here- died" thread. Fortunately most of the forum is savvy enough to be skeptical.
Patchouli_Knowledge

Postby Валентин » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:21 pm

perp is dead :) no thanks needed
Валентин

PreviousNext

Return to Apples For Oranges