Scammed of 4 Shop Hats

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Scammed of 4 Shop Hats

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:09 pm

what flyrella suggested would be cool for hat trading t b h
ChildhoodObesity

Postby ctopolon4 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:12 am

does scam with hats via barterstand fixed? or here is refunds only after post on forum? or only for girls? or only for support? or only for Amelia?
ctopolon4

Postby Ants » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:34 am

ctopolon4 wrote:does scam with hats via barterstand fixed? or here is refunds only after post on forum? or only for girls? or only for support? or only for Amelia?

I assume there's only refunds for scams where the scammer receives hats.

SnuggleSnail wrote:Isn't one of Haven's biggest selling points the ability to murder/pillage/chop down thy neighbor's orchard?

Trade scamming is bad, and if you added a mechanic to prevent it I'd be happy... But punishing somebody for theft via admin console in a game where there are a bunch of mechanics specifically to enable theft, especially when (to my knowledge) there are no rules against this kind of theft seems really bad/inconsistent.

I guess it's because hat trading is really poorly implemented at the moment. There's no truly safe way to do it, unlike with other items.

SnuggleSnail wrote:Is using blackmail (with in game threat, not RL ones) to get somebody to give you their hats allowed?

People have been doing that with tokens for a long time and the devs are aware of it.
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby jorb » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:52 am

ctopolon4 wrote:does scam with hats via barterstand fixed? or here is refunds only after post on forum? or only for girls? or only for support? or only for Amelia?

I listen to appeals to justice, but not to lawyering. Rules are maintained selectively, and on a case by case basis.

only for girls?

Not a bad rule, tbh! Paying customers certainly have a leg up at the very least.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Robben_DuMarsch » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:54 am

As a lawyer, I take offense to that :D
Robben_DuMarsch

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:03 am

As an official rules lawyer for a couple of different RPG and card games, I take offense, too!! :ugeek:

The problem is where is the line of people abusing the kindness of the devs in requesting refunds vs thoughts of being treated unfair "because they got this and I didn't."
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Wonderful » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:45 am

To be fair, I never actually exclusively asked for anything to be refunded. Jorb just refunded the four hats out of the kindness of his heart. This thread has derailed quite heavily, as it was only originally posted to alert others to that fact I was scammed. Thus informing the population as to how it occurred, to prevent others from being scammed in a similar way. The only potential benefit I actually even hoped for from this thread originally was further information about who actually committed the act, which based on the discord chat, most people assume to be "Felix".

Any further information that anyone can provide in regards to who this is would be very helpful in avoiding this occurring to anyone else. Stay safe out there!
Wonderful

Postby ctopolon4 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:28 pm

if u wanna safe deal (with RMT) try to find 3rd side to protect ur deal (may ask me for example :twisted: )
ctopolon4

Postby Vigilance » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:43 pm

people disagreeing with jorb's decision in this case make me want to explode my brains on the wall and that's coming from someone who for the most part had all their fun in this game through pillaging and raiding

you can still have your jollies and scam people without being an absolute piece of shit and taking it to a literal financial RMT level. do i think scamming these items should still be possible? uhhh... well, yes and no. i think a cheap method of scamming (employed here) shouldn't be possible. at least with some shit like a sub token you gotta actually see them swipe it from you in front of your face, not port back and realize after the fact. doesn't make any difference but the point is still there.

def should be a notification, white-text with the "click" noise, saying "You have unlocked the ___ hat!" when ownership is given. jorb was 100% in the right to do this and even then, who the fuck cares? it's not our call to make. if you dislike it, stop funding the game, quit, do whatever. as long as i dont have to read more cringe ass posts about omg dzorby favoritism because those posts got old years ago

gonna ninja-edit before it'll even throw on the ribbon (probably) to say that:

would i do the hat trade done here? ABSOLUTELY NOT. would i trade a complete no name on a discord server? CERTAINLY NOT. i'd need some kind of background before throwing 40 bones in to the aether and praying for the best. if i get scammed out of my hats would i ask jorb to get them back for me? nope. when my pirate hat got stolen because i had my account shared with someone, would i ask for it back? of course not. but if i had the desire to do so, and jorb gave it back to me, that'd be sweet! because it's a consumer good i paid for and lost against my will or knowledge in the pirate hat's case, and dzorby customer satisfaction is pretty decent all things considered.
"Tosak gets the guys undressed faster than their girlfriends can." -NaoWhut
http://i.imgur.com/5cQiL.png http://i.imgur.com/lYyAA.png
Vigilance

Postby ctopolon4 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:17 pm

only problem i see in hats : make fresh alt, touch all hats in HF, place Pclaim, and it will be decay whole month (p2w exploit ¦] defend village border from Pclaims, questgivers defence, roads defence)
ctopolon4

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot