A request for my raiders

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: A request for my raiders

Postby Granger » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:49 pm

gromsc wrote:How do you port from your hearthfire to an Idol? I've only played as a hermit so am not totally familiar with that process.

Port to idol dosn't exist anymore.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby borka » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:53 pm

So little do i know ... :oops: ( in old haven /Legacy villagemembers could port either to HF or village idol)

But Charterstone still does ?
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

Postby Ysh » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:56 pm

borka wrote:So little do i know ... :oops: ( in old haven /Legacy villagemembers could port either to HF or village idol)

But Charterstone still does ?

You must physically visit charterstone before you can port to it. And he must use http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Sublime_Portico to port to it (or his own charter).
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby borka » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:01 pm

ty Ysh for headup

Looks like casual hermits lost all comfort :P
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

Postby gromsc » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:03 pm

As a challenge I am going to see if I can make my way out. I have crops, rabbits and chickens in the palisade in coops and hutch. Maybe I can tunnel my way out once I get my curios up. We'll see what happens. Rock might be an issue and clay. Finite rock inside, no clay but I can plant and grow trees / crops
gromsc

Postby RedKGB » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:13 pm

If the pally is new enough, could you knock a section down?
overtyped wrote:I didnt know you were more stubborn than me, but I guess you are. You are more willing to talk in a endless circle of already answered arguments than I will ever be. Good day to you.
RedKGB

Postby Ysh » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:18 pm

gromsc wrote:As a challenge I am going to see if I can make my way out. I have crops, rabbits and chickens in the palisade in coops and hutch. Maybe I can tunnel my way out once I get my curios up. We'll see what happens. Rock might be an issue and clay. Finite rock inside, no clay but I can plant and grow trees / crops

If you can survive without leave walls, I think best strategy is some thing like:
  • Build new palisade a few tile inside of old palisade
    • You will want enough walkable space between new and old palisade to put wrecking ball down (1-2 tile should be enough I think)
    • You can use trees for wood to get drying frame, tanning tub, bark, and blocks for wall
    • You can make leather from rabbit hide
    • Bone glue from bones from rabbit or chicken (you must have cauldron or clay for cauldron already for making glue)
    • Rope from hide strap, flax, or staw if you have access to these crop
    • Build well for water for animals, trees and leather
  • Wait for this new (inner) palisade to dry
  • Put lock on gates and make slave key, store master key on alt
  • Build wrecking ball and set up on old (outer) palisade
    • Only new material here is hard leather, hopeful you have straw for beehive to get this required wax
  • Bash old (outer) palisade with ball
  • You are free!
Your base is also ''completely safe'' in meantime, at least it will always be protected by palisade wall. Only issues is if you do not have cauldron or (enough clay for it), or if you do not have access to wax (or straw to build beehive to get wax). Also you must have enough rocks for building well. And of course, I think this strategy will take a very long time for execution!
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby LostJustice » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:37 pm

Ysh wrote:
gromsc wrote:As a challenge I am going to see if I can make my way out. I have crops, rabbits and chickens in the palisade in coops and hutch. Maybe I can tunnel my way out once I get my curios up. We'll see what happens. Rock might be an issue and clay. Finite rock inside, no clay but I can plant and grow trees / crops

If you can survive without leave walls, I think best strategy is some thing like:
    • You will want enough walkable space between new and old palisade to put wrecking ball down (1-2 tile should be enough I think)
    • You can use trees for wood to get drying frame, tanning tub, bark, and blocks for wall
    • Bone glue from bones from rabbit or chicken (you must have cauldron or clay for cauldron already for making glue)

• Only new material here is hard leather, hopeful you have straw for beehive to get this required wax
  • You are free!
Your base is also ''completely safe'' in meantime, at least it will always be protected by palisade wall. Only issues is if you do not have cauldron or (enough clay for it), or if you do not have access to wax (or straw to build beehive to get wax). Also you must have enough rocks for building well. And of course, I think this strategy will take a very long time for execution!

Or do that and just knock down the gate and rebuild a gate in the place of the old gate and save building another palisade for a rainy day? Why waste wood? Your literally inside your own palisade, I don't think someone is going to "grief" his gate if he tries to knock it down. It only takes like 5 mins to rebuild anyhow.
LostJustice

Postby Ysh » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:03 am

LostJustice wrote:
Ysh wrote:

• You are free!

Or do that and just knock down the gate and rebuild a gate in the place of the old gate and save building another palisade for a rainy day? Why waste wood? Your literally inside your own palisade, I don't think someone is going to "grief" his gate if he tries to knock it down. It only takes like 5 mins to rebuild anyhow.

If some men know he does this, they can bash this gate by hand for 24 hours until it dries.

Ysh

Postby eric87x123 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:21 am

Hey man I will give keys back. pm me
eric87x123

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot