A request for my raiders

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: A request for my raiders

Postby LostJustice » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:55 am

Ysh wrote:
LostJustice wrote:Pclaim?

You can buy skill called vandalism to destroy objects even on claim.
LostJustice wrote:Watch the gate with blocks of wood ready to repair?

A. Requires babysit gate for many hours.
B. Cannot repair item being destroyed, so attacker can use multiple character to ensure destruction.
LostJustice wrote:All those options are a lot better then building a whole new palisade.

Better in terms of ease, worse in terms of security. Building new wall has highest cost, but is most secure. I try not to cut corner with security.
LostJustice wrote:He doesn't have endless wood.

He says that he does. Palisade is not too expensive anyway.

@gromsc - I am glad for hearing you have key returned.

He has to sit and wait for a tree to grow. That is endless wasted hours, theoretically if he was still stuck. Place p claim down, not many people have vandalism and probably wouldn't waste it to break into a palisade never mind check one. He was stuck in his claim for theoretically days, not that hard to baby sit for a 24 hour period. Also, no one has enough stamina to continuously break a palisade without having to take a break. Plus, your being theoretically try hard when there really isn't a need to him to build a brand new palisade and shrink his entire plot by 2 tiles by width and height. It just a bad idea to build an entire palisade in this situation. He would literally have to sit down and wait for a tree to grow when he could have just baby sat a gate for 24 hours or done more important base work instead of losing valuable time this early in the world.

Not to mention the sooner he is out then the more resources like valuable curious and foods he would have access to instead of waiting a full week on a tree so he doesn't get "raided" again. If they really wanted to break in that bad as you are suggesting then they would bash it down whether or not he has a palisade on the inside or not. And if they are going to waste vandlism scents to hand bash a palisade then 9/10 times they would also be willing to ram your idea down as well.

So yes, you can do all that things to just replacing a gate. But A, B, and C and also 1st, 2nd, and 3rd of all, you can do just the exact same thing to your idea with just a lot more of wasted time and effort on it.

Congrats OP for getting out. Make a key alt.
LostJustice

Postby Beezer12Washingbeard » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:23 am

Yeah, props to the raiders for the fair play. :)

I can't lie though, I was hoping to watch an epically drawn-out fight to extricate himself from his own pali.
Beezer12Washingbeard

Postby dvsmasta » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:31 pm

Why is it that the claim owner cannot just put a new lock on a gate that has a lock on it?
dvsmasta

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:06 am

dvsmasta wrote:Why is it that the claim owner cannot just put a new lock on a gate that has a lock on it?

You mean instead of requiring the master key? What if you built a wall off a claim, but got disconnected. You came back and someone extended a claim over it and took control of it? (Probably an unreasonable scenario, but might happen.)
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Previous

Return to The Moot