Housing density

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Housing density

Postby seisorith » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:48 pm

Stoneface_Icegrill wrote:
seisorith wrote:
Antaraner wrote:My questionis how is the Housing density in you area. I put my house at the northern end of the map near the northern kingdom. When i startet there was nobody. Now i can reach 8 settlements in 5 min by just walking is getting ridicules. The worst are the 3 in my opinion bigger settlements. I dont know the last group had 6 boats and already placed their village idol. They are staying or some crazy plan to conquer camelot. Those guy have seen there neighbour and thought nice spot lets compete with everyone else for the ressources.
Are ppl clustering everywhere or just at the end of nowhere?

I've felt the same pain you've felt. I found a huge piece of kvlt GRim daRK 'sombre bramble', 'deep tangle', and 'shady copse' land and fell in love with it. The widest part of the land that was isolated from rivers would span almost across my whole screen on the world map (zoom setting: 5). The closest settlement was probably 15 tiles away from me. I thought "This is pure fvkking black metal. Time to finally hermit down and do it all by myself". Well, a week later a fort popped up four tiles away from me. And then the threats popped in the form of rune stones and signs. I almost moved right out to another place, but then I thought... " wait... I spent TWO WEEKS going through the world. What other place is as good as this? Screw it, maybe they'll expand the world in a couple months. Or if they don't, and someone kills me, well, world 10 is too lame to cry over that spilled milk". So I just shrugged and beared with it. I'd say you adapt mentally to your circumstances, because right now it's too late in the world to try to find anything perfect or close to it.

Upquote for Windir

+1 for recognizing \m/
wolf1000wolf wrote:There are Chinese ppl playing this game!?!?!
seisorith

Postby Avu » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:19 am

loftar wrote:God forbid you'd have to encounter people in an MMO. ¦]

When they are the haven playerbase yeah god forbid.
"Since all men count themselves righteous, and since
no righteous man raises his hand against the innocent,
a man need only strike another to make him evil."
Avu

Postby AriZona » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:55 am

I'm feeling same pain: ugly overpopulated. I can count 12+ claims with 5 min on foot walking around me. Neighbors are fine, but sadly game is losing its appeal with such over-crowding. The map has to be AT LEAST x4 times larger in area to be fun.
AriZona

Postby Zeler » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:08 am

Map size is perfectly fine.
Zeler

Postby Moonpoppy » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:24 am

How unsociable can people be?

Whats wrong with having neighbours? Map size is fine and if you really have an issues move.
Moonpoppy

Postby AriZona » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:50 am

Moonpoppy wrote:How unsociable can people be?

Whats wrong with having neighbours? Map size is fine and if you really have an issues move.

I thinks it sounds a bit like hypocrisy: if you want grinding ass-to-ass - be my guest - settle withing 5 grids from other claim and enjoy your social commune XD!

But there are others who like to keep more distance to the nearest neighbor. While in your case you can always get closer, we can not not maintain a distance. Therefore, such an opinion is not honest, or just shows ignorance for no reason because you can always get close to anybody you like:)).

And by the way, there no places to move, because w10 map is like a pocket and claims all over places within 1 min of walking...
AriZona

Postby MrGemini » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:33 am

Antaraner wrote:the last group had 6 boats and already placed their village idol.

be careful theyre too stronk for anyone
Greetings, Gemini & Tinkababe

jorb wrote:Given your obvious merits I'm not convinced that that's a loss, but... you would be more helpful if you stated what it is you dislike about this, and why. I can't do much with "QQstopkillinggaembye".
MrGemini

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:56 pm

AriZona wrote:I'm feeling same pain: ugly overpopulated. I can count 12+ claims with 5 min on foot walking around me. Neighbors are fine, but sadly game is losing its appeal with such over-crowding. The map has to be AT LEAST x4 times larger in area to be fun.

I think 4x its present size is a bit much, but I wouldn't mind a bit more elbow room.

Then again, my area seems to be relatively unpopulated still. I mean sure, we got neighbors, but we're the biggest settlement for a fair distance.
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby isdel » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:05 pm

Wait another month and settle in the northeast, we'll be down to half the launch population and there'll still be plenty of time before the reset to grind crops until you burn out.
isdel

Postby abt79 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:52 am

AriZona wrote:
Moonpoppy wrote:How unsociable can people be?

I thinks it sounds a bit like hypocrisy: if you want grinding ass-to-ass - be my guest - settle withing 5 grids from other claim and enjoy your social commune XD!

But there are others who like to keep more distance to the nearest neighbor. While in your case you can always get closer, we can not not maintain a distance. Therefore, such an opinion is not honest, or just shows ignorance for no reason because you can always get close to anybody you like:)).

And by the way, there no places to move, because w10 map is like a pocket and claims all over places within 1 min of walking...

Im relatively alone
Hint: move north
abt79

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot