Housing density

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Housing density

Postby Aceb » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:11 am

abt79 wrote:
AriZona wrote:
Moonpoppy wrote:How unsociable can people be?

Whats wrong with having neighbours? Map size is fine and if you really have an issues move.

I thinks it sounds a bit like hypocrisy: if you want grinding ass-to-ass - be my guest - settle withing 5 grids from other claim and enjoy your social commune XD!

But there are others who like to keep more distance to the nearest neighbor. While in your case you can always get closer, we can not not maintain a distance. Therefore, such an opinion is not honest, or just shows ignorance for no reason because you can always get close to anybody you like:)).

And by the way, there no places to move, because w10 map is like a pocket and claims all over places within 1 min of walking...

Im relatively alone
Hint: move north

North is just a slighty less populated than south, but it is still "settlements-everywhere".

Wanna be lonely wolf? Get into underground. L1 is still quite empty if You ask me. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby Direkled » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:08 am

Aceb wrote:North is just a slighty less populated than south, but it is still "settlements-everywhere".

Wanna be lonely wolf? Get into underground. L1 is still quite empty if You ask me. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

That actually sounds like a cool idea. Move underground and live off bats, come out at night only and drag in some wood when needed. Eat sprucecaps who come too close to your lair. Get villages to send hunting parties into the depths of the world after you. Become the troll.
Direkled

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:28 pm

Well, I think I've met nearly everyone within an hour walk of me... or at least the ones that are active. I don't think I've seen a scent one since world start, and I've been looking. There are quiet areas to settle and just because there are neighbors doesn't mean they are going to be unfriendly. Paranoia is a trait of newer players until they die a few times and finally realize they're not having fun because of it, or at least it seems that way to me.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby abt79 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:59 am

Direkled wrote:
Aceb wrote:North is just a slighty less populated than south, but it is still "settlements-everywhere".

That actually sounds like a cool idea. Move underground and live off bats, come out at night only and drag in some wood when needed. Eat sprucecaps who come too close to your lair. Get villages to send hunting parties into the depths of the world after you. Become the troll.

Just need to find a big shallow cave lake on l2 or 3 and you're set, hf down there and destroy the mine hole baby
abt79

Postby ArgentRhapsody » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:54 am

loftar wrote:God forbid you'd have to encounter people in an MMO. ¦]

when the community is encouraged to be shit the whole point of the game is about getting away from other people so you can actually enjoy the GENUINELY GOOD GAME underneath but is covered in a dungpile of a community. :roll:

whole game is like trying to eat Ambrosia in a sewer but rats are crawling all over you and trying to shit in it while wagging their little E-PEENS in your face
ArgentRhapsody

Postby Shadow7168 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:48 am

ArgentRhapsody wrote:
loftar wrote:God forbid you'd have to encounter people in an MMO. ¦]

when the community is encouraged to be shit the whole point of the game is about getting away from other people so you can actually enjoy the GENUINELY GOOD GAME underneath but is covered in a dungpile of a community. :roll:

whole game is like trying to eat Ambrosia in a sewer but rats are crawling all over you and trying to shit in it while wagging their little E-PEENS in your face

What part of the game "encourages" people to be shit? Sure there are people who kill on sight, but the large majority of players I meet out in the wild freak out as soon as I get within render distance, turn around and hearth.

If anything the game encourages people to be antisocial and weary of conflict out in the wild (which they should be), not "MUST. MURDER. SPRUCECAP"
Potjeh wrote:They're using swords as throwing weapons now? Damn cheaters!

MagicManICT wrote:Most raiders aren't into choking another man's chicken. They can do some pretty gay shit, but that's usually the line.
Shadow7168

Postby Avu » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:14 am

Encouraged is probably not the right word but the shitheads do get ahead and make the non shitheads quit directly or by observing the devs reaction to the shitheads which would lead anyone reasonable to reach the conclusion the game will never be for them. I mean anyone who has been here long enough can see how the playerbase has changed. There are very few innocents left even fewer on the forums and definitely no society builders left.
"Since all men count themselves righteous, and since
no righteous man raises his hand against the innocent,
a man need only strike another to make him evil."
Avu

Postby Hrenli » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:07 pm

Shadow7168 wrote:What part of the game "encourages" people to be shit?

Well, philosophically speaking, keyboard and mouse interface which sort of designed for humans is enough already. :) Humans are genuinely bad to everything and everyone around, especially to their own kind.
Too old to rock-n-roll, too young to die.
Hrenli

Postby Mafious » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:43 am

Avu wrote:Encouraged is probably not the right word but the shitheads do get ahead and make the non shitheads quit directly or by observing the devs reaction to the shitheads which would lead anyone reasonable to reach the conclusion the game will never be for them. I mean anyone who has been here long enough can see how the playerbase has changed. There are very few innocents left even fewer on the forums and definitely no society builders left.

the kingdoms are a step in the right direction to make non-faction players valuble to factions, at least as authority generators. it encourages big factions to not kill players in their kingdom and even try to protect them from raiders and stuff like that.
https://strawpoll.com/xh2d3zr2 if you give a fuck about mining vote on this. Make mining great again! Bring back old supports.
Mafious

Postby Avu » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:30 am

You can never protect unless you face a severely inferior foe. Attacking is much much easier. You get to set the time when you have maximum amount of online fighters, you get the element of surprise which will win you many fights before they even really begin, you get to prepare the battlefield in your favour and cut off or severely delay reinforcemetns (block roads set up fortifications, STACK 10 BILLION COINS). What do defenders get? Fuck all most of the time at most they get to delay some challenges a bit but that won't help when all your warriors got picked off one by one hunting chickens the day before.
"Since all men count themselves righteous, and since
no righteous man raises his hand against the innocent,
a man need only strike another to make him evil."
Avu

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot