Is Dis still dangerous?

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Is Dis still dangerous?

Postby NOOBY93 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:30 pm

joojoo1975 wrote:so what I am a hearing, and please correct me on this is:

A. people have gotten bored with killing new players because of no Permadeath?

B. people have gotten bored with killing new players because of new realm pursuits?

C. people have gotten bored with killing new players because of (Insert reason here)?

D. All the above

E. none of the above, your just too old to understand joojoo

People haven't gotten bored with killing new players. The groups that used to do that still do it, but those groups are AD and Dis (Gangsta Style and Dis), Dis quit, Gangsta Style is still around.

The other aforementioned groups just don't want to kill new players. although the game does give some motivation why you shouldn't kill new players: Realms: keeping a healthy, active and large amount of players in your realm means you get to have as much EXP as you want for powers, raising well quality, etc. red handed: for an hour after knocking someone out, you can't teleport to hearth fire. Very inconvenient. Outlaw: For a WEEK (i think) after killing someone, you can't use charter stones nor log off.
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby blank » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:49 pm

crime buff is a pain i the ass.. nuff said
blank

Postby mstya » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:48 pm

NOOBY93 wrote:
joojoo1975 wrote:so what I am a hearing, and please correct me on this is:

A. people have gotten bored with killing new players because of no Permadeath?

B. people have gotten bored with killing new players because of new realm pursuits?

C. people have gotten bored with killing new players because of (Insert reason here)?

D. All the above

E. none of the above, your just too old to understand joojoo

People haven't gotten bored with killing new players. The groups that used to do that still do it, but those groups are AD and Dis (Gangsta Style and Dis), Dis quit, Gangsta Style is still around.

The other aforementioned groups just don't want to kill new players. although the game does give some motivation why you shouldn't kill new players: Realms: keeping a healthy, active and large amount of players in your realm means you get to have as much EXP as you want for powers, raising well quality, etc. red handed: for an hour after knocking someone out, you can't teleport to hearth fire. Very inconvenient. Outlaw: For a WEEK (i think) after killing someone, you can't use charter stones nor log off.

We never killed Noobs without a reason.
If you do not mean NK
loftar wrote:
God forbid you'd have to encounter people in an MMO
mstya

Postby YesHello » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:13 pm

yes u did u killed me
im 12 please be gentle :)
favorite games halo and CoD (if you want to play with me send me a pm! )
W8 - hermit
W9 -hermit
YesHello

Postby pathek » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:13 pm

After a long travel, I settled along the border of Dis and Hedgehug realms (64,64)... however I just had my site smashed-up as well as row-boat and cart stolen in less than five minutes. I was harvesting timber across a river... long walk once the boat disappeared. I saw a number of boats on my travels, so I doubt it was a random? I really wish they had left the boat, so that I could go somewhere else that isn't 'encroaching'. Closest active neighbour I can see has a nice tall-ship, and numerous row-boats (so why take mine), and I was sure to travel far enough away that we wouldn't harvest timber from the same region. Does this person(s) know of any hostile folks, or are they hostile? No message left by the perpetrator(s), so no idea if I should re-settle, or move-on. I would guess the Hedgehug realm is dangerous, as I saw no active players in Dis, and Brohold, or what-have-you, is abandoned. Any advice about where I could set-up with a reasonable chance of progress? If you stole my boat, could you return it so that I can move-on, or something?
pathek

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:44 pm

Only bandits occupy territories between competing realms. Would have been better if you had picked one or the other to settle under.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Headchef » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:44 pm

MagicManICT wrote:Only bandits occupy territories between competing realms. Would have been better if you had picked one or the other to settle under.

Obviously a sprucecap
Headchef

Postby Wonderful » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:50 am

I was along that realm yesterday and stole a few boats, but I took them from claimed areas so unless you had a post it probably wasn't yours.
Wonderful

Postby Robben_DuMarsch » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:37 pm

I think it's funny that the removal of permadeath killed DIS.
Or at least the great reduction of it.
Robben_DuMarsch

Postby NOOBY93 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:40 pm

Robben_DuMarsch wrote:I think it's funny that the removal of permadeath killed DIS.
Or at least the great reduction of it.

They quit before that change
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot