Home destroyed

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Home destroyed

Postby Vartro » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:46 pm

Hi everyone. I just started playing this game some weeks ago since I found interesting what I found about it. I built a small hut and a fence around my claim and was starting to build and produce things. Last time I logged off was inside my house, and today when I tried to log in a message appeared that I could not log in my last location nor in my hearth fire, and I appeared half world away from my base. When I finally arrived (after several real life hours of travel) I found out everything was destroyed, even the totality of my shitty fence (they should have spent some time to do that). I was surprised since I'm a new player and I had nothing worth to steal, so I'm assuming that someone destroyed everything just for fun.

I really found this experience very entertaining. None other game has given me this feeling of: my home has been raided, I have to travel half of the map to see what remains of it, and now I have to take what I could save and make a new start in some other place. This game looks so much like a harsh and crude version of medieval life :lol: .

I just wanted to ask: is this common? Should I expect to be raided often? I was in the middle of nowhere with no other settlements nearby, but I guess I will have to find an even more remote location...
Vartro

Re: Home destroyed

Postby GamingRAM » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:51 pm

Vartro wrote:I just wanted to ask: is this common? Should I expect to be raided often? I was in the middle of nowhere with no other settlements nearby, but I guess I will have to find an even more remote location...

Depends, especially which part of the map you're at. If you have a palisade and a claim over your base, you shouldn't have anything to worry about. Some factions/groups are more aggressive than others. On the opposite end some are friendly and want to create.

While being in a remote area has benefits, playing near others can also act a deterrent for raiders.
World 12: Quit at some point.
World 11: Community Fair Worker
World 10: Co-Founder of the Northern Kingdom, Resident of Emerald City, Founder and Mayor of the Hole of Glory, RamZ's Art Emporium at CF, Member of the CFL Rams.
World 9: Founder of SnoopVille, Resident of Emerald City
World 7: Hermit and Neighbor to a dead Korean
GamingRAM

Postby Granger » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:50 pm

Best is to get yeomanry and a claim up first, then build a big enough palisade (with locks on the gates), expand your claim to cover the palisade fully, then build the rest inside in relative peace.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby sMartins » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:50 am

The map has quality nodes, interest points, etc ... probably someone don't want you there for some reasons, resources or just he doesn't want you there.
I'd hardly call anything the Bible of our times » special thanks to MagicManICT
I only logged in to say this sentence. by neeco » 30 Oct 2018, 02:57
Default Client, Best Client!
sMartins

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:56 pm

Just remember that you could be the guy you settled near: viewtopic.php?f=58&t=58400
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby sMartins » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:06 pm

lol that would be ilarious :D
I'd hardly call anything the Bible of our times » special thanks to MagicManICT
I only logged in to say this sentence. by neeco » 30 Oct 2018, 02:57
Default Client, Best Client!
sMartins

Postby Vartro » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:42 pm

MagicManICT wrote:Just remember that you could be the guy you settled near: viewtopic.php?f=58&t=58400

Yeah, I saw that post but I was near no one. Also that guy had palisades and all kinds of stuff, I was just beggining and had almost nothing. As far as I know, I was not near high quality water or clay, so I keep thinking that someone did it just for fun. Thanks for all your answers!
Vartro

Postby Zachary09 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:38 am

On a more detailed note, thats what you should do:
  • Stake a claim on a single-tile leveled and paved ground (this should be how "elevated" your whole base is - I usually just level out the entire base so it's plain flat)
  • Wait 8 hours before paving stone because it makes you more visible on the map (map changes and whatnot) also avoid cutting out too many trees in a single area (deforesting makes you more visible due to minimap changes).
  • Rightclick your private claim after 8 hours of drying period to activate it.
  • Start paving your palisade.
  • Build the palisade.
  • Lock your palisade (Locks & Picks skill required, roughly 2500 LP).
  • Treat your initial area as some sort of a vault. Expand accordingly remembering to expand your private claim aswell.
This way you can create a very handsome hermitage consisting of multiple layers of walls if necessary. For example my initial pclaim houses 4 stone towers, a village claim and a pclaim, the second layer consists of plots & crafting areas for leather, food, animals; the third layer consists of farms and auxiliary plots for other loner-type villagers.
Zachary09

Postby nezhit » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:37 am

Zachary09 wrote:On a more detailed note, thats what you should do:
  • Stake a claim on a single-tile leveled and paved ground (this should be how "elevated" your whole base is - I usually just level out the entire base so it's plain flat)
  • Wait 8 hours before paving stone because it makes you more visible on the map (map changes and whatnot) also avoid cutting out too many trees in a single area (deforesting makes you more visible due to minimap changes).
  • Rightclick your private claim after 8 hours of drying period to activate it.
  • Start paving your palisade.
  • Build the palisade.
  • Lock your palisade (Locks & Picks skill required, roughly 2500 LP).
  • Treat your initial area as some sort of a vault. Expand accordingly remembering to expand your private claim aswell.
This way you can create a very handsome hermitage consisting of multiple layers of walls if necessary. For example my initial pclaim houses 4 stone towers, a village claim and a pclaim, the second layer consists of plots & crafting areas for leather, food, animals; the third layer consists of farms and auxiliary plots for other loner-type villagers.

Won't help him if he settles on animal resource or even in a way of some road. Cata is easy to build and he won't be able to defend.
I'd say avoid clusters of roads and settling near any big villages. "Near" in that case is like 4 minimaps. Also, dont' settle near beaches (walrus spawns). And dont' spread your claim so it blocks a river passage.
At this point in world, I'd say contact friendly kingdom like Northern Kingdom and ask them to help you resettle. Knowing Dani, I believe he would be glad to help.
nezhit

Postby Gigglepuddy » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:23 pm

nope wasnt me. apparently i fucked with akihibara on that one, as someone came onto my property, built some runestones on my claim and left no scents, and said i destroyed the queens cabin and demanded i rebuild. from the sound of things, this guy was off in the middle of nowhere not bothering anybody, and somebody decided to be a dickfor.
Gigglepuddy

Next

Return to The Moot