A Tale of Two Cities: The Longest Road

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

A Tale of Two Cities: The Longest Road

Postby Urgh » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:42 am

Prologue

I am neither a wordsmith nor a poet, but I have a tale to tell. A tale of two cities, a world apart. A tale of two societies, one emphasizing hugs and the other generosity. A tale of two kingdoms, separated by innumerable treacheries.

A tale of one clothe-less fool with a seemingly insurmountable task.

The Beginning:

This clothe-less fool was born outside the gates of Aurora, barely grasping to life through the contributions of those well-to-do folks who passed by. One day, a man from Fire & Ice visited Aurora. His name was Red, a philanthropic nobleman. He took this clothe-less fool under his guiding hand and brought him to his estate in the world's center. Over the course of several nights, Red taught this fool the value of hard work, and persistence, in the face of indistinguishable odds. After many nights of bonding, Red decided to ask the Fool what he really wanted to do with his life. The Fool said, "I want to fish." Red granted his wish by funding his dream, albeit this fool was a joke at fishing, he consistently was on the verge of starvation.

Into the Wulf's Den:

After many hunger-filled nights, the Fool asked Red to find him a job where he would no longer starve. Red said, "There is no work in Fire & Ice, but I know of a man with a grand vision in Aurora." With no questions asked, the Fool returned to Aurora. Upon arrival, the Fool was summoned. The Summoner looked at the Fool with a smirk on his face, he had an offer the Fool could not quantify the reward of nor understand the length of the task. The Summoner said, "I am King Wulfkin, founder of Aurora and facilitator of great wonders. I have a dream, a dream of a single road to connect two cities directly." The Fool responded, "Do you want the road paved for carts?" Wulfkin smirked, "No, you will build a dirt road with milestones every 500 feet to unite the great city of Aurora with Community Fair without losing travelers along the way. You will be paid ten gold bars and given a dragon's horde worth of bonuses if you finish by the hedgehog's snarl of the seventh day." The Fool, not knowing the distance between Aurora and Community Fair, agreed.

A Builder's Preparation:

Wulfkin instructed the Fool to meet him east of Aurora, at the starting site of the road. A non-descript obelisk, like many others, designated this beginning. The clothe-less Fool was given a hat, bear tooth talisman, boots, bag, waterskin, pickaxe, saw, axe, fishing rod, and a meager amount of food. Wulfkin wished him well and told him, "If you run out of food, fish!"

The Longest Road:

The Fool built a cart, filled the cart with stones, and began to build.

He built...

And built...

Met some interesting characters... and built...

Then he finally connected the world's two main cities with one direct route in only four days, the longest road.

He received the gratitude of the King of Aurora and the Grand Architect of Community Fair, who thought the Fool would never complete this unquantifiable task. True to their word, King Wulfkin and Tuz the Builder gave Urgh his just reward:
1) 10 gold bars.
2) 400 gold quills.
3) Three clean sketchbook pages.
4) A pearl.
5) A horse named, "Stone".
6) A home built by Wulfkin himself, within the walls of Aurora.
7) The gratitude of countless others who gifted the Fool subscription tokens and many other treasures.
8) A rock crystal.
9) Countless other smaller goods, such as a rangers cloak.
10) And an official title, "Builder of Roads"

The Fool Today:

The Fool, also known as Urgh: "Builder of Roads", owns a small stall in Aurora on Scallywag's Alley (south of the bank) called "Highway Delights". He sells quality straw dolls at the lowest prices available in both Aurora and CF (1AST for a 246q straw doll capable of providing over 1k lp per hour). Come visit him sometime, he would love to introduce you to his dolls.

Urgh

Re: A Tale of Two Cities: The Longest Road

Postby TheOriginalFive » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:56 am

One of the great feats to mark this world. Well done.
TheOriginalFive

Postby jordancoles » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:57 am

Damn that's larpy
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby DaniAngione » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:09 am

Urgh, the Builder of Roads, has his place on the history of the Northern Kingdom already ensured.

I think he forgot to mention one of the most notable feats on his story, by the way: This is actually the first road he has ever built. He literally learned how to build roads doing it.

I guess you can call that quite the crash course :roll:
W15 ???
W14 Proud defender of Kakariko Village
W13 Sporadic member of Ravka
W12 Occasional member of Lake Town
W11 Inactive member of Yggdrasill
W10 King of The Northern Kingdom
W9 The Revenant of Wulf's Retreat
W8 Lawspeaker of New Thotoshire
W7 Lawspeaker of Esteldín
DaniAngione

Postby _Gunnar » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:14 am

This is awesome.
_Gunnar

Postby maze » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:46 am

A feat that can only few can claim, road builder that connected the lands of both south and north.
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Postby CinderHeart » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:51 am

"Put your shoulder to the wheel."

- Aesop
CinderHeart wrote:"Pedo mellon a minno" – "The Doors of Durin, Lord of Moria. Speak, friend, and enter."

──────▄▀▄─────▄▀▄
─────▄█░░▀▀▀▀▀░░█▄
─▄▄──█░░░░░░░░░░░█──▄▄
█▄▄█─█░░▀░░┬░░▀░░█─█▄▄█
CinderHeart

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:13 am

Damn, that's some work, man.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby blank » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:55 am

jordancoles wrote:Damn that's larpy
blank

Postby dafels » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:56 pm

Would bash the road tbh, can't take this larp!!
dafels

Next

Return to The Moot