Possibly returning.. not sure where to set up. :3

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Possibly returning.. not sure where to set up. :3

Postby NOOBY93 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:35 am

MagicManICT wrote:
HolaAmigo wrote:every player who doesnt consider nice buildings, events, larping as an autistic way to enjoy the game.

If anything, by the definition of ASD, those lashing out and not showing typical human emotions and appreciation for nicer things are more likely to be artistic.

But really, doesn't this all come down to the whole Ancient Greek philosophies on life, austere warrior clan Sparta vs autistic, affluent Athens?

FTFY

But on a serious note let me stop the circlejerk here and try to go in a different direction and be objective:

If you want roleplay, join NK, they have the most of it. If you want stat-buffs, join Hedgehugs, they have the most of it. If you want events, join NK or Hedgehugs, they both have events. Hedgehugs events are more frequent but almost the same every time, whereas NK events happen very rarely but have their own cute theme every time as far as I'm aware. If you want to do trading, go anywhere, as I believe there's roads to community fair from anywhere, and from community fair to aurora i think if you wanna trade there too. (warning: community fair and aurora don't have interchangeable currency - in my opinion community fair currency is more relevant and valuable, use that information as you wish)

There's also Fire and Ice, they have ok buffs I think and they're friendly people, but don't have a trading hub or anything social that I'm aware of (someone correct me on this), every other kingdom is irrelevant basically, with nothing going for them
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby RedSkies » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:29 pm

There is also a direct road between Aurora and CF, so honestly, events or CF roads shouldn't really factor in the decision. You can easily attend events or use roads from either city if you can get to at least one of them.

I live in the NK, so I'm obviously biased, but I would join solely for the community - not exactly "roleplay" - but just the overall friendliness and willingness to help people out really stands out.
Tl;dr: NK for community, HH for buffs.
jorb wrote:I hereby forbid you from using it.
RedSkies

Postby NOOBY93 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:40 pm

RedSkies wrote:There is also a direct road between Aurora and CF, so honestly, events or CF roads shouldn't really factor in the decision. You can easily attend events or use roads from either city if you can get to at least one of them.

I live in the NK, so I'm obviously biased, but I would join solely for the community - not exactly "roleplay" - but just the overall friendliness and willingness to help people out really stands out.
Tl;dr: NK for community, HH for buffs.

eh almost all the realms have friendly people willing to help you out. Commending NK for having friendly people is like saying you should live in Fire and Ice realm because it has a realm claim. Every other realm has a realm claim too. Also I did mention that there's a road from CF to Aurora.

(also ironically, without getting political, NK is the realm that gets help from other realms the most out of all, or used to)
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby DaniAngione » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:48 pm

NOOBY93 wrote:eh almost all the realms have friendly people willing to help you out. Commending NK for having friendly people is like saying you should live in Fire and Ice realm because it has a realm claim. Every other realm has a realm claim too.

I have to disagree there.
Yes, of course every realm has friendly people. And every realm has bad people. Every realm has good people, etc.
Bad or good, friendly or unfriendly people can be found anywhere.

I think what RedSkies means is that the NK is the only realm with a platform where every hermit, every village and everyone within the realm, from strangers or unknown hermits to big and closer villages can officially ask for support and it will be answered. The Watch - AKA NK fighters - will stand for, fight and defend anyone within the realm limits, regardless of what they think of the person or if it's a close friend or a random hermit. We have an emergency channel that can be freely used by everyone living within our borders and that functions as a quick way to mobilize people and support when needed.

For example, on that other thread where Sacraer is whining about HH calling NK when the village where Momma Dove lives was attacked, they didn't call NK. What he simply can't understand - whenever we show up when they attack NK territory - is the fact that the villages and the people being attacked themselves alerted about the attacks on the emergency channel.

And this is something that is exclusive to the NK, as we have several people that moved here with that exact speech: "I was raided, I was attacked, I was KO'd or I was killed, I asked for help in CF chat and was ignored" It's not one or two but literally dozens of people.
And yes, it is true that our 'military' is not the best, it is true that we needed a lot of help months ago. But it is also true that we standed and still stand against the hardest blows, and we denounced the people that today are "the enemies" to everyone (Akihabara/AD & their "alliance" with what was left of Dis) long before anyone else - and we were dismissed back then. And today - especially after the lame raid on CF - everyone believes what we've been saying for ages, that those guys didn't deserve to participate on community projects, etc.

So yeah, HH has slightly better buffs and, of course, a more active market and all that. And they are, of course, one of the "good" realms (on my way of seeing things) and are definitely recommended! I always tell people to move to either NK, HH or F&I because these are, in my eyes, the "Good realms" where you'll find mostly good people.
But I don't think RedSkies was wrong with his words. NK is obviously not the strongest, but its community is definitely the less centralized around a central group and more welcoming and friendly for several reasons. It's not a merit of any of us, tbh. It's just how things happened from the start, because the NK is not (nor was never meant to be) a Faction in the usual, "Haven" sense of the word Faction.
It's mostly a group of people that started with some ideals, started to grow by meeting others - already weeks into the game - and all started working towards common goals. For example, our coronation stone was literally built with resources from dozens of villages of different people that had met each other not long ago, instead of one massive and focused effort of one group that started together. And we've always had, months and months before anyone else, public tools that can be used by anyone for free, etc. So I understand why someone would say that about the NK community.

Like you said, yes, there are good people in every realm - of course there is. But the NK community is different, but this is something that I'm afraid that only being part of it, it can be understood. :)
W15 ???
W14 Proud defender of Kakariko Village
W13 Sporadic member of Ravka
W12 Occasional member of Lake Town
W11 Inactive member of Yggdrasill
W10 King of The Northern Kingdom
W9 The Revenant of Wulf's Retreat
W8 Lawspeaker of New Thotoshire
W7 Lawspeaker of Esteldín
DaniAngione

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:03 pm

DaniAngione wrote:And this is something that is exclusive to the NK, as we have several people that moved here with that exact speech: "I was raided, I was attacked, I was KO'd or I was killed, I asked for help in CF chat and was ignored" It's not one or two but literally dozens of people.

lol what a load of SHIT, we help anyone who asks and you guys dont do anything any differently than we do, the difference is people living in our realm are attacked far less than people in your realm. if anyone is attacked or anything we will obviously help. theres been times where ive helped people in ur realm even that u guys refused to help. the only people getting koed in hedgehugs realm without us being able to do anything is at CF and every time it happens we are there trying to fight them, but due to the amount of roads going everywhere they can escape easily.

anyways to name one situation, there was some guy who got killed west of aurora and he pmed me asking me to help him cuz hola responded to him saying basically "you arent worth our time, you look too new to the game"

TBH i just help anyone who pms me about scents and shit not even exclusive to HH
Last edited by ChildhoodObesity on Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChildhoodObesity

Postby dafels » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:04 pm

DaniAngione wrote:hurrdurr loads of trash
dafels

Postby Ozzy123 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:16 pm

you should join The Fur & Paws Kingdom! We are friendly and fluffy haha, this is our picture from the HnH meeting!!

contact our leader Frost The Furry to join!!

rules are simple
not getting over 100 stats
not attacking anyone (not even animals, we are vegans)
all valuables go to our king
Last edited by Ozzy123 on Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
epicbuds wrote:just got this game a bad review on my website and will post on every forum and game page i can think of to tell people to stay away from this site this game is a joke

viruseg wrote:Kill all new players for no reason. Polish scum came running and killed me with a crowd. Suck fuck fucks..
Ozzy123

Postby HolaAmigo » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:17 pm

ChildhoodObesity wrote:anyways to name one situation, there was some guy who got killed west of aurora and he pmed me asking me to help him cuz hola responded to him saying basically "you arent worth our time, you look too new to the game"

Could you post some screens or at least name the guy coz I cannot recall such situation? Not sure if I ever said that someone is not worth NK watch time because of being new to the game, or not being worth of NK army time at all. Not to mention that the only people living west from Aurora were... chinese guys barely speaking english and me?
mstya wrote:I just have the honor even in the game.
HolaAmigo

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:18 pm

HolaAmigo wrote:
ChildhoodObesity wrote:anyways to name one situation, there was some guy who got killed west of aurora and he pmed me asking me to help him cuz hola responded to him saying basically "you arent worth our time, you look too new to the game"

Could you post some screens or at least name the guy coz I cannot recall such situation? Not sure if I ever said that someone is not worth NK watch time because of being new to the game, or not being worth of NK army time at all. Not to mention that the only people living west from Aurora were... chinese guys barely speaking english and me?

his name was explorer jeff
ChildhoodObesity

Postby DaniAngione » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:22 pm

Ozzy123 wrote:contact our leader Frost The Furry to join!!

Frosty can't reply at the moment
he's too busy making Tar

W15 ???
W14 Proud defender of Kakariko Village
W13 Sporadic member of Ravka
W12 Occasional member of Lake Town
W11 Inactive member of Yggdrasill
W10 King of The Northern Kingdom
W9 The Revenant of Wulf's Retreat
W8 Lawspeaker of New Thotoshire
W7 Lawspeaker of Esteldín
DaniAngione