Warning to all hermits around Fire&Ice borders

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Warning to all hermits around Fire&Ice borders

Postby Nizuto » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:42 pm

There's a village with at least two people near the borders of F&I realm that are up to no good. A friend of mine has been around that zone and encountered a user by the name of Alkasal who instantly aggroed him and demanded to know his location. After my friend refused to give such info the stranger told my friend he won't cancel combat until he knows where he lives. His partner in crimes, by the name of Olaf, decided to get involved and keep his eye on my friend too. After a failed escape attempt and a mistake made using a house, my friend got trapped indoors unable to exit due to them blocking the entrance.
After some hours of the strangers trying their best to interrogate my friend about his location and my identity (since I helped with the escape attempt), they decided to slowly kill my friend. This was an opportunity for another escape operation but sadly my friend got nuked before he could reach me. No murder has taken place, just a knockout.
They threatened to find my friend's location and kill him. So far no signs of them around (not even sure how they could find us anyway since we didn't leave any scents)

After gathering some assault scents and investigating the area, I tracked them to the following location:

Odditown map isn't updated with the location. Thus I included both the version that's real and how it looks on the world map (with coordinates)

Some info about the two people I've talked about:
- They go with the knights templar look
- They use a knarr with the knights templar cross on the ship's sail (this is why we couldn't outrun them using a boat)
- Alkasal is strong enough to run with logs above his head
- They seem to be armored and Alkasal owns a B12

Once they read this they might change their location, presentation name and/or even looks. There's still some scents left from them around the right side from the area in the image above (around -8,12 and -7,13) lasting for at least 8 more hours from posting this. Also don't get fooled by their friendly personality, it's just an act.

Stay safe, hearthlings!
Nizuto

Re: Warning to all hermits around Fire&Ice borders

Postby spawningmink » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:46 pm

where are the battery scents
ChildhoodObossite wrote:I actually lowkey admire Frosty, sometimes he can be a really cool guy

spawningmink
Under curfew

Postby Nizuto » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:50 pm

Surprisingly none have been left around. This could also be due to my friend lacking the Rage skill, as he is a sprucecap warrior. His stone axe wasn't enough :lol:
The knockout has been done at around -8,12 if that helps. Maybe my perception and exploration aren't high enough to see that scent?
Nizuto

Postby Tanchist » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:31 am

I still think Olaf is an alt. Not sure. He can speak, sometimes does it in English, sometimes in Russian, but he never speaks when Alka is online. Alts usually behave like that.

When I first met them, I was new to the area, I have traveled looking for this place for hours (home of a good friend is just across a river from me now) and I was finally settling down. 1 day old or less on this account, since the old account had powerful friends that I no longer enjoyed to be friend with. I got my fire and a basket with food destroyed. No pb, I foraged again, pit-baked again, leveled some land. Then I chopped some boulders, paved, started cutting some trees. As soon as I got materials for it, built my first Timber house. It was late, so I logged off, to find no house next morning. And no fireplace. They definitely had something against fireplaces.

Well, this time my toon had enough skills (and not enough stats and abilities, but does it really matter?) to build a claim and waste LPs on making it as big as one timber house. And a fire in front of it. I rebuilt the house, got more careful about what kind of log and what kind of board are the main material and how the end product will look. I did not get to claim the new house completely because I had not enough LPs. Logged out.

Next day, a tree trunk was blocking my door. On the outside. When my heart fire was outside and they definitely had seen it, 1 meter from the fireplace that they kept on destroying. And no heart fire was inside. Well, I did not get to do anything because a knarr appeared. And 2 guys got on the ground. I said Hi in Area Chat, they did not answer, got on land near me, heading towards me. I then got inside my house, forgetting it was not claimed. They of course entered, I tried to heart-fire hoping I could run, but I got hit and KOed.

Well, now they did talk, never letting me get out of combat. Olaf was only standing in the door so I can not exit, nothing else. Alka kept me in combat, Alka talked. Apparently I was a danger (Naked with bonesaw and stone axe) to their lvl 3 mine, somewhere near. Well, I was in their base once, a few days later, at their invitation, their mine was at lvl 1, small like they only started to dig it out that very day, no stairs to lvl 2 or lower.

Whatever, once we did talk, Alka said I got too heavily wounded so he will give me some curios and kill me. Which he did. Curios were really great, Q 200 or so. He was not a bad person afterwards, though one day or another I will get to mine at lvl 3 and see their mine if it is near or (more likely) see there was no mine there from the very begining. Anyway, that is how he first reacts to new neighbours or generally new (yet unknown) human beings. I guess he hates out of fear of the unknown, not a real hate, or maybe he played Agar.io for a long while, developing his play style in that game. Olaf is either an alt or a real loyal and not thinking for himself person, though I do believe he is just an alt.

Their gang also includes a cook and farmer, German, with a name like Bjork (the singer). I never saw him being threatening or aggressive towards anyone and he likes to talk to strangers like me without holding a sword.

Bottom line: They are not 2 russians, there is only one, and that one is really uncertain of himself and others, bordering paranoia. Passive-aggresive towards people he does not know yet, patient and cooperative with those he knows they are too weak to be a threat to him. Alkasal is the only danger to the neighbourhood around River Inn and to himself.
Wastelands. Ruins everywhere from proud civilizations, with today's survivors scavenging whatever they can carry even if they can't even use it. Eating rats cooked alive is OK for everyone. Walking around naked is natural, since very few have time to waste in getting a rag to cover their deep wounds. And the game is only Alpha.
Tanchist

Postby azrid » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:03 am

Sounds like their lvl 3 mine has a lot of gold and silver 8-)
azrid

Postby Olaf_alt » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:40 am

I am not alt, Skinny
Paladins of retribution, plz don't touch Bjoern, he totally piecefull and innocent
Olaf_alt

Postby Nizuto » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:25 am

Tanchist wrote:Anyway, that is how he first reacts to new neighbours or generally new (yet unknown) human beings. I guess he hates out of fear of the unknown, not a real hate, or maybe he played Agar.io for a long while, developing his play style in that game. Olaf is either an alt or a real loyal and not thinking for himself person, though I do believe he is just an alt.

Sounds like he either wants to inflict fear in hermits around his area to make sure they aren't a threat to him (while also griefing and harassing them) or he's being hunted and wants to interrogate anyone who seems suspicious. Keep in mind he wasted around 3 hours in total doing almost nothing just to make my friend say the location of his base. That's how valuable that info was to him.
Olaf indeed could be an alt. Alka was the only person talking during the whole drama so I'm inclined to believe that. However he seems to wear the hat you get from verifying your account so there's the possibility he has access to that account and his friend is just not as active as him. Or he simply paid to verify both of his accounts.
Nizuto

Postby spawningmink » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:29 pm

Dudes never leave walls xd
ChildhoodObossite wrote:I actually lowkey admire Frosty, sometimes he can be a really cool guy

spawningmink
Under curfew

Postby newaccountlol » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:50 pm

I would have just told them to follow me to my place and looked for a boat to escape with

Or you could have just lied?

You are not very smart
newaccountlol

Postby Nizuto » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:16 pm

newaccountlol wrote:I would have just told them to follow me to my place and looked for a boat to escape with

Boats don't grow on trees. Unless you know of some random abandoned boats it would just be a gamble. Also this whole thing started on a boat while Alka was on a knarr. Even if he tried to go on foot to the other side of the land, there's still the problem of finding a boat.
newaccountlol wrote:Or you could have just lied?

And how would that help? Dude was keeping my friend hostage in combat so he wouldn't be able to teleport. Dude was also capable of swimming or fighting way better than my friend. He was determined to spend hours just to find his location.
You can't just go on a random base either unless you have permissions and the master key of that base. Not to mention Alka would surely ask for proof if the location in question was his or not. Even if you're smart enough to go to a base that's towards the direction of your base, request to end combat and then teleport home (to make it seem like it's your base without looking suspicious), the dude would have the direction of your real place so that doesn't help either.

spawningmink wrote:Dudes never leave walls xd

Sounds like he got what he deserves.
Nizuto

Next

Return to The Moot