Input on new dungeon (Beaver ADventure)

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Input on new dungeon (Beaver ADventure)

Postby Chebermech » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:20 am

tbh bunny dungeon would be better than fox, badger, bear or wolverine dens, imagining it, they would all play out the same, hoards of animals spawning in waves, the game wouldn't feel the same anymore + those aren't type of animals that live in packs... troll villages are okay, rabbit burrows are nice, maybe even moles, but please don't add a dungeon for every single animal type, and for those that you do, don't make them play out the same hoard killing wave after wave as it'll get boring really fast, and make animal encounters outside less interesting/meaningful. maybe add actual creature dungeons instead, that follow the game theme instead and make them expand over time.

the wolf den for example, might be an interesting idea but i feel it'd be more interesting if they were to hunt in packs in the outer world and make it dangerous to travel solo in their territories. raiding a wolf den would make them spawn less often for some time, but if you want to hunt them for their resources, make it so that not attacking a wolf den would actually be more beneficial than going in and committing a genocide as soon as you see the den spawned. if the wolf dens would expand over time making more wolves spawn in the area until they become a real problem if kept untouched for too long, becoming visually bigger (both wolves and the den) and making wolves inside stronger (not more in quantity), it'd be something fun to see and experience.

maybe even do the same for the beavers, and have more beavers around the dam, less inside (than there is now), but make them more dangerous with more abilities, such as causing the ceiling to collapse by breaking down their own supports, like a cave-in with logs and debris, so you'll have to focus and kill those asap.

for the bears, i can't imagine large packs spawning like they did at the end of the first 3d world, even though it was fun, but it'd be really silly and make the bear resources less valuable. mini-dungeons might work with 2-3 bears inside, being more dangerous and doing aoe attacks or even fear stuns, just having them spawn near and inside already existing burrows at rare occasions, maybe even jumping out of the burrows at players passing by, would feel better than a beaver dungeon with bears inside.

perhaps raiding bear burrows and wolf dens would give you a rare chance to steal their cubs to train as pets. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

p.s. also how come is this in Moot and not C&I?
Chebermech

Postby jordancoles » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:25 am

Ant dungeon that randomly opens up when raiding ant hills pls

2-4 rooms max with an ant queen at the end
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Amanda44 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:25 am

Chebermech wrote:tbh bunny dungeon would be better than fox, badger, bear or wolverine dens, imagining it, they would all play out the same, hoards of animals spawning in waves, the game wouldn't feel the same anymore + those aren't type of animals that live in packs... troll villages are okay, rabbit burrows are nice, maybe even moles, but please don't add a dungeon for every single animal type, and for those that you do, don't make them play out the same hoard killing wave after wave as it'll get boring really fast, and make animal encounters outside less interesting/meaningful. maybe add actual creature dungeons instead, that follow the game theme instead and make them expand over time.

Yeah, I was thinking about this and I feel the same, I think new animals or as you say actual dungeon creatures would be better and still leave the existing in game wildlife with some interest and value. And like with Jordans Ant dungeon, having lower tier ones such as rabbits and moles, but with slightly more strength than usual, lol, would keep newer players and less developed chars part of the experience.

Chebermech wrote:perhaps raiding bear burrows and wolf dens would give you a rare chance to steal their cubs to train as pets. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nice idea!
Lynx dungeons pls! :D
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby APXEOLOG » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:06 am

spawningmink wrote:why are these areas so easy to clear

>World length: ~1 year
W10 Meme Plot | W9 Mantis Garden | W8 Core | W7 Ofir | W6 the City of Dis | W5 Vitterstad | W4 A.D. | W3 Mirniy
jorb wrote:All your characters will be deleted, and I will level every village any one of them were ever members of.
APXEOLOG

Postby birdana » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:41 pm

well, i stumbled into one. if anyone finds a boat with a body under it, it was mine. thats what i get for exploring a map icon without knowing what it is...if anyone feels like returning it to me, that would be great :)
birdana

Postby Brick_ » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:52 am

i can run these on my own and i have shit stats. Are you that bad at playing you need to bring so many to an easy mode dungeon?
Brick_

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:27 am

Brick_ wrote:i can run these on my own and i have shit stats. Are you that bad at playing you need to bring so many to an easy mode dungeon?

I'm "that bad" at playing (mostly because I haven't bothered with developing any characters this world). From what I can tell, it's more about "figuring out" how to do it just like everything else in the gaming world. Once that's down, it's always easy.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby birdana » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:01 pm

what happened to me was when i went into one with my boat, i was stuck under it when the interior loaded. so i got my ass handed to me
birdana

Postby AntiBlitz » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:21 pm

ur not actually stuck, you can click to get out of the boat just as normal, you were probably just panicked and during it, watched ur character slowly get gnawed to death lol
AntiBlitz

Postby birdana » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:27 pm

AntiBlitz wrote:ur not actually stuck, you can click to get out of the boat just as normal, you were probably just panicked and during it, watched ur character slowly get gnawed to death lol

shit. i didnt even think about trying crl+left click. i was trying to Lift it or just walk away from it. it was flipped over, so it wasnt quite obvious as to what to do
birdana

Previous

Return to The Moot