warning to the northern kingdom (aurora)

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: warning to the northern kingdom (aurora)

Postby Vigilance » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:22 pm

Burinn wrote:I think everyone just needs to calm down a little bit and stop being so rude to one another.

why are you such a disgusting carebear

fuck off this is literally the forum for people to be terrible to one another
"Tosak gets the guys undressed faster than their girlfriends can." -NaoWhut
http://i.imgur.com/5cQiL.png http://i.imgur.com/lYyAA.png
Vigilance

Postby Astarisk » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:50 pm

HorridStonefish wrote:Most people are more pissed at the shit talking than the fact that Aurora was burnt.

You want to go and break other peoples stuff, that is fine, don't try to justify your actions, just go and do it. Don't like someone because of some slight they caused you, that is fine, go kill them, it is a game, don't slander the hell out of them in order to make yourself look peachy clean. Want to burn one of the prettiest cities Haven and Hearth has seen, that is fine just remember not even Hitler sacked Paris. Want to stamp Swastika everywhere that is fine too, just remember they mean auspiciousness and good luck and have done for thousands of years and still does to billions of people on this planet right now.

Always ask yourself why you are justifying your actions, is it to look better in the eyes of the community or so you can feel better about all the fucked up things you do.

We don't have to justify our actions, and for the most part we aren't even trying. However, that doesn't mean the rest of the community isn't sitting here attacking us, or just plain wondering why we did what we did. So if trying to offer them that explanation is trying to justify our own actions, woe is to me then. Looking in the "eyes of the community" is such an ambiguous statement to say, in fact it means fuck all in general. The community is so split and decisive, they could never agree on what looks better. Much of them are upset we sieged NK, but likewise many of them showed support and are happy we took down NK.

I could compile chat logs, evidence, and all sorts of stuff. But really, its a major pain in the ass for everyone involved and not worth the effort. You just got to accept that these feelings of malice has to have a root cause. What's done is done and we don't feel a need to justify it. I will nonetheless give a small rundown for people who wants to know our reasoning, and a few details on the siege.

This thread is such a big clusterfuck no one can get a straight story or picture going together if they even tried. I'll try to "justify" our actions and give some reasons as to why NK got sieged. But first lets remember this raid was in part thanks to two main factions Aki (AD) and Bonezone (Bonerzoners), and misc other people who showed up.

Aki: They have a lot of reasons on their behalf and I'm fairly sure I'll leave a lot of them out, NK helped raid MC and destroyed their realm, they don't like the people in NK, they are just generally all around chaotic and enjoy fighting.

Bonerzoners: We really disliked like their leadership, their behavior leading up to the split of them from HH showed a lot of what their true characters are really liked. Personalities started to show and a lot of us realized that they talk one way, but act another. The fact that there was a split between HH and NK should show a lot to the outside world in regards to how bad we think of the NK leadership. I ended up siding with people (Polska Crev) who I've been fighting with and called names by for years (It's just a game bro, no need to be so mad), and even play alongside them now.

As to the other people who supplied us or helped join us NK had either said or done something in order to get them to want to siege NK (Sieging is such a joyful adventure in this game, they just wanted to have some fun xd)
---
This siege was NK's to win, they had every distinctive advantage we could think of. There was no way a single faction was going to bring down NK without help. (Once again, Sieging is very fun and everyone wants to stay on for 16 hours doing it!)
For a good part of the siege we had 4 to 6 people. NK was just too scared to fight us. Maybe if it was just one faction where it was 2 to 3 people they might have felt more comfortable to fight that :lol: . However, teaming up is needed in order to make sure a siege can be pulled off in this game. Attackers are at a huge disadvantage when it comes to sieging, espicially when its an island-esque type village that lays next to a world border.

NK could have done a hell of a lot more to defend their own village and realm, it actually upsets me a bit that they barely did anything. It upsets me even more when I realize that this game isn't hardcore perma-death anymore, but rather KO mechanics. They absolutely were just afraid to fight, and I think this is due to the pride of their leadership. They are so prideful and ego-filled they couldn't even risk a losing battle to destroy our catapults, where the worst case for them would be a KO. Instead they sent nidbanes, rushed our catapults as we killed the nidbanes, then ran the hell away as soon as we went to engage them in a fight (destroying a total of 0 out of 6 catapults). That was the most pitiful last stand I ever saw.

The siege instead just consisted of us building catapults, them building even more catapults, our catapult rng sucking (I swear to god Jorb was interfering!!), us moving to a new spot, rinse and repeat. This for 16 whole hours.
As to people who died or lost stuff in Aurora or around it, why the hell are you showing up in the middle of a siege, or while we were raiding. Honestly got no one but yourselves to blame for that. We eventually stopped koing people, but you shouldn't be visiting Aurora just to loot it while we are busy catapulting walls and looting ourself.

I'll also add in that I offered to brokerage an exchange of the Crown in return for the buffs, but it seems NK flatly and vehemently denied to engage in any sort of talks. They'd rather let the kingdom fall than to see it handed off.

TLDR; We don't need to justify our actions, we don't care bro, but the community left out of the loop seems to want to know yo. Also NK barely even tried to pull off an resemblance of a defense.
IRC/IGN: Rawrz

Join the Haven & Hearth Discord if you need help and our community will surely help you:
Astarisk

Postby kris_hole » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:32 am

Astarisk wrote:Instead they sent nidbanes, rushed our catapults as we killed the nidbanes, then ran the hell away as soon as we went to engage them in a fight (destroying a total of 0 out of 6 catapults). That was the most pitiful last stand I ever saw.

Why are nidbanes not considered fair play in any form of combat? if the mechanic exists (like alts moving siege weapons) what's the issue? If anything, even though it failed ultimately, creating a distraction for the enemy to gain a slight chance of a better outcome is hardly "pitiful", if they chose to retreat to survive then that means they have more potential time and numbers to continue which, imo, is a pretty solid move if you're out of options.

Granted, i can only really go off the two posts and comments contained, your category of events is interesting to read but this bit sounds more like it was a good strategic move from Aurora's part at the time and you're disheartened because for a small time, even though they didn't manage to destroy any catapults, it was a partial success because it did get you away from the catapults for a moment. If the people destroying them knew they wouldn't win the fight the only logical step is to then retreat
kris_hole

Postby LostJustice » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:37 am

kris_hole wrote:
Astarisk wrote:Instead they sent nidbanes, rushed our catapults as we killed the nidbanes, then ran the hell away as soon as we went to engage them in a fight (destroying a total of 0 out of 6 catapults). That was the most pitiful last stand I ever saw.

Why are nidbanes not considered fair play in any form of combat? if the mechanic exists (like alts moving siege weapons) what's the issue? If anything, even though it failed ultimately, creating a distraction for the enemy to gain a slight chance of a better outcome is hardly "pitiful", if they chose to retreat to survive then that means they have more potential time and numbers to continue which, imo, is a pretty solid move if you're out of options.

Granted, i can only really go off the two posts and comments contained, your category of events is interesting to read but this bit sounds more like it was a good strategic move from Aurora's part at the time and you're disheartened because for a small time, even though they didn't manage to destroy any catapults, it was a partial success because it did get you away from the catapults for a moment. If the people destroying them knew they wouldn't win the fight the only logical step is to then retreat

Tbh I think this just misread, nidbanes are like nothing when your in a knarr full of fighters. They dropped like flies. Also we didn’t even leave the catapults they were within view and 2s reach entire time. Only thing it caused was giving them 10s to reach the catapults while quickly killed the nidbanes but it didn’t provide much time either way. Nothing wrong with the idea, just not effective.
LostJustice

Postby kris_hole » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:47 am

LostJustice wrote:
kris_hole wrote:

Tbh I think this just misread, nidbanes are like nothing when your in a knarr full of fighters. They dropped like flies. Also we didn’t even leave the catapults they were within view and 2s reach entire time. Only thing it caused was giving them 10s to reach the catapults while quickly killed the nidbanes but it didn’t provide much time either way. Nothing wrong with the idea, just not effective.

Fair enough, a lot of mechanics in haven are still new to me, I only started playing again around a month ago or so. I took a break after my village in W8 was destroyed and then life happened and I just kinda forgot about the game. I was under the impression nidbanes were a bit more than that. The original statement just sounded out of place to me from the rest of the post with the "pitiful" comment.
kris_hole

Postby Gensokyo » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:51 am

kris_hole wrote:Granted, i can only really go off the two posts and comments contained, your category of events is interesting to read but this bit sounds more like it was a good strategic move from Aurora's part at the time and you're disheartened because for a small time, even though they didn't manage to destroy any catapults, it was a partial success because it did get you away from the catapults for a moment. If the people destroying them knew they wouldn't win the fight the only logical step is to then retreat

A good strategic move would've been to send the nidbanes out in masses and fight alongside them, using them in battle as a combat assistant or a weapon of terror, not as a second long smoke decoy.
Gensokyo

Postby Astarisk » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:53 am

kris_hole wrote:

Im not against nidbanes as a form of combat or strategy at all, its just they sent a total of like 4 or 5, and they tend to arrive at different speeds so you can kill them off fairly easily. On a personal level, I hate nidbanes in combat as it isn't a mechanic based around skill or anything, and you simply can't ignore them, and to some extent encourages the uses of alts while sieging. I'd be more inclined to say its acceptable if no one but the the one being targetted by the nidbane can agro it (until the nidbane is in combat). As it stands now, they can just wait for the nidbane to get near the guy, aggro it, then zoooom sanic speed nidbane is attacking everyone in your group while the enemy is charging you.

Join the Haven & Hearth Discord if you need help and our community will surely help you:
Astarisk

Postby DDDsDD999 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:22 am

HorridStonefish wrote:Want to stamp Swastika everywhere that is fine too, just remember they mean auspiciousness and good luck and have done for thousands of years and still does to billions of people on this planet right now.

Agreed, 卍Windmills of Friendship卍 are symbols of good, not something to get mad about over the internet like a lot of the people in this thread are.
DDDsDD999

Postby Astarisk » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:39 am

ChildhoodObesity wrote:im justifying my own reasons and maybe a few in my village who share my opinion. i agree that dragging stuff outside of the game like that is retarded and when frost said he would post 30 more pics of him in his next video i responded right away saying its too far. i NEVER once said we only raid because we can please reread that ok i said NO ONE needs a reason to do it. also i dont think our village was involved with the swastikas either.. i dont agree with what ad do on a lot of shit we were just teaming for the raid and i cant control them, if it were entirely up to me i wouldnt of bashed anything but the kingdom/idol and banners. even regarding the kingdom if dani wasnt selfish it would be fine! its not like you guys were thinking of the nabs when you went and bashed all AKIS kingdom buffs anyways lol

From the Aki raid.

No one ever thinks of the nabs! :cry:

Astarisk

You bully! You're immoral!

Postby waskander » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:41 am

I just wanted to do some good and you did this to me??
best ko2.jpg
best ko2.jpg (91.72 KiB) Viewed 986 times

Luckily I could delete that thing on the ground.
peace2.jpg
peace2.jpg (128.87 KiB) Viewed 986 times

Lord Third shall convert you all! ;)
waskander

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot