The Siege of Aurora

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: The Siege of Aurora

Postby LostJustice » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:00 am

RedSkies wrote:
ChildhoodObesity wrote:i think out of all of our catapults we only had 1 that had good range x d. this sit was ridiculous even with u guys have the wall advantage it was like every catapult u built was maximum range and ours were minimum it actually made me want to give up because of how bullshit it was

I do agree that our catapult rng was very lucky. However, you did have one that out ranged us when you were sieging from the beach, but after a little bit you just left it and we destroyed it for free. Basically a waste of your one lucky rng there (which I don't really understand).

Also, on the 7th siege camp you had 2 catapults that had 18 range, and we had none that could range those. But you guys ran away when we showed up with alts so those were destroyed for free too.

Like pointed out earlier, it ended up being only 6 of us + 1 alt and problem was that we needed 2-4 defenders for the catas and 1 person to fire them and like 1-2 people to run materials back and forth not to mention even though it looked like we were all there, some of us went afk for things IRL or dinner and ect so even that 7 was even less (two actually just fell asleep right at the spot). So we didn't have numbers to maintain the positions and decided with a different strategy.
LostJustice

Postby AntiBlitz » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:32 am

Bacaaah wrote:Don't give jorb ideas or we will get 48hrs. sieges :lol:

why wouldnt we give him ideas, the sieging is stress-fully long right now. Take a look at the current Eve online sieges of their new stations. They have a pretty inventive idea of making the shield go into states of invulnerability where the siege is then spread out over multiple attacks on several different days. Hell, not all battles or sieges were necessarily decided in a single evening. Especially so when we are looking at the type of equipment being used for the era of time. Im not endorsing this idea specifically, but just suggesting that we review what we have learned from this battle, and improve upon future battles.
AntiBlitz

Postby Bacaaah » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:50 am

AntiBlitz wrote:

why wouldnt we give him ideas, the sieging is stress-fully long right now. Take a look at the current Eve online sieges of their new stations. They have a pretty inventive idea of making the shield go into states of invulnerability where the siege is then spread out over multiple attacks on several different days. Hell, not all battles or sieges were necessarily decided in a single evening. Especially so when we are looking at the type of equipment being used for the era of time. Im not endorsing this idea specifically, but just suggesting that we review what we have learned from this battle, and improve upon future battles.

I think you completely misunderstood what i said man, it was supposed to be a joke... i was complaining that sieges were too stressful and long already and i disagreed on what jordan said, that's all
Bacaaah

Postby AntiBlitz » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:39 am

Bacaaah wrote:
AntiBlitz wrote:

why wouldnt we give him ideas

I think you completely misunderstood what i said man, it was supposed to be a joke... i was complaining that sieges were too stressful and long already and i disagreed on what jordan said, that's all

do you ever socialize with other human beings? I lead off of your topic in an attempt to spur us to speak about the siege and how we can better it, rather then digress into what the other threads are. Actually in after thought, it might have been better to retain jcoles quote as it benefited the topic better.

The point is, i saw the joke, now you dont need to stress your point in an awkward explanatory rebuttal but continue leading the topic on the siege. Yes, me too i also agree the siege times seem extended for what they are, though it shouldnt ever be easy to siege such a large city. I'd like to see the sieges maybe head towards bursts of activity over the course of say a few hours. Rather then 20 hour sausage holding contests. I'm just not sure how to do this. Now your turn, go!
AntiBlitz

Postby infectedking3 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:45 am

AntiBlitz wrote: do you ever socialize with other human beings?

Are you questioning his life choices? You insensitive bastard, you should stop judging people okay? It's not nice!!
infectedking3

Postby Granny » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:50 am

Snip.

RedSkies wrote:The Siege of Aurora
Start to finish, Aurora stood for 26 hours of continual siege against every major kingdom in the game except F&I.

Thank you for this great account of the events, much appreciated. Hope you got your sleep and well earned rest after all of that.
Granny

Postby Valten21 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:51 am

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
You may have foiled the plans of BAD-EVIL this time, but there is no rest for the wicked.
Valten21

Postby azrid » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:27 am

With every siege a chance of real life fatalities increases.
Staying up for a very long time in a stressful environment is not healthy.

I guess the side that attacks can have the sleep advantage. They can attack when most of the defenders are ready to go to bed.
azrid

Postby MightySheep » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:12 pm

What's all this "too stressful" "medical issues" pansy talk? I think bringing down a big active kingdom SHOULD be very difficult, take a long ass time and require stupid amounts of materials and defending against an alliance of all the other big kingdoms SHOULD also be very difficult and require a lot of effort.

However I do agree that it seems like a bit of a no-life competition. The side with the least real life responsibilities wins! I think thats stupid. I'm not sure what the solution would be but preventing the alt spam bs delay tactics would be a good start.
MightySheep

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:21 pm

lol all it takes is for the defending side to group up a large amount of people at any time and just run out and fight them i would say in sieges like half the characters participating are extremely lowstatted just there to help with catapults/inflating numbers. successfully sieging is REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL hard!
ChildhoodObesity

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot