The Siege of Aurora

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: The Siege of Aurora

Postby LostJustice » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:36 pm

azrid wrote:Siege difficulty based on population can also be heavily abused with alts.

That’s why I put activity in there as a factor but basing it off of not and stuff or total exp or something yeah would help fix this but tbh this is really not an issue if properly implemented with the right mechanics in the calculations... I just really think some of the biggest issues with siege is that it is a static constant. As ladygoo mentioned in another post, a large village is the same as a small village and I don’t think they should be. Aurora should have taken longer or remain the same but if something else was much shorter we probably wouldn’t attack the head of the snake first and might instead attack resource claims.
Last edited by LostJustice on Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LostJustice

Postby LostJustice » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:40 pm

kris_hole wrote:
LostJustice wrote:
Luanes wrote:It a permadeath survival sandbox game.

You're right, which is why it is incredibly shitty that it literally comes down to "you have lost if you have a job and the other person doesn't" which is why something needs to be in place.

A game should not benefit players with no lives over players that have commitments outside of the game, like a job, kids, pets, etc. You're pretty much making the game inaccessible to anybody who falls within the category of "having any form of life" because whatever they do in the game won't matter when they're just going to lose a siege because they have to go to bed to get up for work whereas the opponent just sits bashing away.

Your funny. Literally 90% of the people attacking had jobs or real life things including myself. Most of the people I play with fall in this category. The only difference is that they been playing over an extended period of time since like world start and slowly grinded their stats like everyone else and they also just know the game better... Games are like a graph and the player wants to always find the shortest route from A to B. Some players know some really short routes that work and are not time consuming. Tbh I think the bigger problem with what you saying is lack of documentation on the wiki.
LostJustice

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:31 pm

FUCKING LOSER NO LIVES SIEGING ON THE WEEKEND LMAO GET A JOB U DUMB FUCKS ¦] ¦] ¦] ¦] ¦] ¦]
ChildhoodObesity

Postby kris_hole » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:27 pm

LostJustice wrote:Your funny. Literally 90% of the people attacking had jobs or real life things including myself. Most of the people I play with fall in this category. The only difference is that they been playing over an extended period of time since like world start and slowly grinded their stats like everyone else and they also just know the game better... Games are like a graph and the player wants to always find the shortest route from A to B. Some players know some really short routes that work and are not time consuming. Tbh I think the bigger problem with what you saying is lack of documentation on the wiki.

Yeah the wiki could be much better documented on some aspects, also i'm not saying Aurora fell explicitly because people had jobs, what i'm saying is if seiging takes upwards of 16+ hours then you're at an instant disadvantage if you have anything at all to do the following day which is just ridiculous, so i'm saying either something needs to be in place to restrict the times a seige can happen or restrict how long a seige can go on for.

ChildhoodObesity wrote:FUCKING LOSER NO LIVES SIEGING ON THE WEEKEND LMAO GET A JOB U DUMB FUCKS ¦] ¦] ¦] ¦] ¦] ¦]

Grow up mate, that's not what i'm saying at all. Some people like working, some people don't need to work, some people can't find work, some people are too young to work and have school, each to their own. What i'm saying is the playing field should be level regardless of whatever a persons life commitments are (within reason).
kris_hole

Postby blank » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:34 pm

lel. if your were a hard-core hafener, you would call out of work for important raids such as this one that took place. :geek:
blank

Postby kris_hole » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:51 pm

blank wrote:lel. if your were a hard-core hafener, you would call out of work for important raids such as this one that took place. :geek:

Letting a game dictate your life is sign of a mental problem. Seek help.
kris_hole

Postby Ysh » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:51 pm

kris_hole wrote:Some people like working

Man who likes work never works day in his live!
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:53 pm

well usually the defenders dont actually have to do anything for almost the entire duration of the siege. either you go out and fight them off their catapults or u just be an annoying retard and delay the siege as long as possible for no reason and waste ur whole day. defending a siege is 20000000x easier than actually sieging
ChildhoodObesity

Postby kris_hole » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:22 pm

ChildhoodObesity wrote:well usually the defenders dont actually have to do anything for almost the entire duration of the siege. either you go out and fight them off their catapults or u just be an annoying retard and delay the siege as long as possible for no reason and waste ur whole day. defending a siege is 20000000x easier than actually sieging

Well in that case the argument is just as equal for the attacking side, if the act of sieging takes so long then that also makes sieging incredibly difficult for people with other time commitments/constraints which means the entry level for even taking part in a siege requires you to have a full day free the following day which some people just don't have at all.
kris_hole

Postby romovs » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:28 pm

Shouldn't it take long though considering the sieging party ends up destroying months or even years of someone's game time in a fraction of time.
romovs

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot