The Siege of Aurora

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: The Siege of Aurora

Postby bakalavr » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:01 am

RedSkies wrote:
Havion wrote:
RedSkies wrote:Start to finish, Aurora stood for 26 hours of continual siege against every major kingdom in the game except F&I.

This isn't very objective. It was F&I + NK vs Aki + only 1 village of the 2 hedgehugs villages. Other than that, solid post

While many realms have been destroyed this world, including Aki, Dis and AD, former members of all three of those realms were present. Since the siege started, NK has been challenged by 3 different realms, including HH and AD's new realm. There were also people there from the Kingdom of Storms, people from minor villages, traitors who were formerly F&I, and the whole of polska crew. I would say a large majority of fighters outside of NK and F&I (and that one other HH village) were present.

Trollex day before siege https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74BzSTQCl_c
bakalavr

Postby LostJustice » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 am

Lol traitor to F&I, funny that half the siegers at one point was ex F&I and most of the time there was more ex F&I sieging than there were F&I inside. Not even to mention how reluctant the fighters left wanted to fight us under Holas command but I wouldn’t blame them for that, one if the reasons why I’m ex F&I I guess. But understand one thing, I’m no traitor of F&I, I left peacefully with literally nothing but a horse even though Hola says I stole everything apparently :)
LostJustice

Postby RedSkies » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:09 am

ElGato wrote:Nothing specific since I literally don't know but, is there something that happened with HH and Dani/NK recently that caused some kind of beef between them?

Obviously, I can't know what goes through their heads. They give their reasons on the forum about why they did it. My understanding of what went down to cause the siege is not complete and is somewhat subject to interpretation. I have my own opinions of them and why they did it, which, regardless of how much they shit talk us, I will refrain from discussing in public because I don't think that is an appropriate thing to do. This is post is not meant to be personal, just factual.

LostJustice wrote:I’m no traitor of F&I, I left peacefully with literally nothing but a horse even though Hola says I stole everything apparently :)

I did not mention you specifically, other than that I shot you with a catapult :)
Last edited by RedSkies on Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
jorb wrote:I hereby forbid you from using it.
RedSkies

Postby LostJustice » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:15 am

RedSkies wrote:
ElGato wrote:Nothing specific since I literally don't know but, is there something that happened with HH and Dani/NK recently that caused some kind of beef between them?

Obviously, I can't know what goes through their heads. They give their reasons on the forum about why they did it. My understanding of what went down to cause the siege is not complete and is somewhat subject to interpretation. I have my own opinions of them and why they did it, which, regardless of how much they shit talk us, I will refrain from discussing in public because I don't think that is an appropriate thing to do. This is post is not meant to be personal, just factual.

LostJustice wrote:I’m no traitor of F&I, I left peacefully with literally nothing but a horse even though Hola says I stole everything apparently :)

I did not mention you specifically, other than that I shot you with a catapult :)

Ok just want to clarify that since it was said a bunch but yeah that was a good shot and tbh was funny as hell XD
LostJustice

Postby kris_hole » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:16 am

Sounds lime aurora lost because they had to go to work. It's a shame H&H is essentially a full time job that doesn't pay. Interesting to read the story from both sides, it's definitely one that'll be spoken about in future world's.

Shit, you could make a movie using this account of events as the base script. Thanks for taking your time to write this up :)
kris_hole

Postby jordancoles » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:17 am

The amount of brimstone alone that was needed for both sides should be a good indication of how shitty and tedious siege is lol
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby RedSkies » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:24 am

kris_hole wrote:Shit, you could make a movie using this account of events as the base script. Thanks for taking your time to write this up :)

I have some pretty awesome stories to tell, actually. I just left them out because they would show some very heavy bias towards the NK side, but there were some really amazing moments during the siege.

jordancoles wrote:The amount of brimstone alone that was needed for both sides should be a good indication of how shitty and tedious siege is lol

I count roughly 73 catapults built total by both sides, which is 292 brimstone. That doesn't even include repairing, or the ton we dumped into the village idol to keep up the shield. I would estimate upwards of 500 brim used.
I do agree that siege and defense is very resource intensive, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. My main problem with it is the need to be up constantly. If I hadn't needed to leave and could continue defending, it might have been a full 24 hours of sieging. I need a break in there somewhere.
Last edited by RedSkies on Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
jorb wrote:I hereby forbid you from using it.
RedSkies

Postby jordancoles » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:27 am

RedSkies wrote:
jordancoles wrote:The amount of brimstone alone that was needed for both sides should be a good indication of how shitty and tedious siege is lol

I count roughly 73 catapults built total by both sides, which is 292 brimstone. That doesn't even include repairing, or the ton we dumped into the village idol to keep up the shield. I would estimate upwards of 500 brim used.

Pretty retarded when you consider the fact that claim size doesn't even affect the total claim shield amount. That same amount of effort could have been required to siege a base-sized village claim :roll:
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Bacaaah » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:32 am

jordancoles wrote:
RedSkies wrote:

Pretty retarded when you consider the fact that claim size doesn't even affect the total claim shield amount. That same amount of effort could have been required to siege a base-sized village claim :roll:

Don't give jorb ideas or we will get 48hrs. sieges :lol:
Bacaaah

Postby kris_hole » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:36 am

Bacaaah wrote:
jordancoles wrote:Pretty retarded when you consider the fact that claim size doesn't even affect the total claim shield amount. That same amount of effort could have been required to siege a base-sized village claim :roll:

Don't give jorb ideas or we will get 48hrs. sieges :lol:

IMO after reading through these accounts it quite clear siege is just a badly implemented mechanic, taking both posts into account, on paper if feels more like the fight was lost because one side simply had more time to spend logged in than the other in total. Although I can only go off the accounts documented on the two posts and comments contained, it does kinda suck if the real reason Aurora ultimately fell was because of the time zone differences and what time people start work.
kris_hole

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot