The Siege of Aurora

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: The Siege of Aurora

Postby azrid » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:27 pm

I'm just an advocate for a healthy haven player base.
Taking care of yourself doesn't make you a pansy.
azrid

Postby Potjeh » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:30 pm

MightySheep wrote:However I do agree that it seems like a bit of a no-life competition. The side with the least real life responsibilities wins!

Welcome to Haven and Hearth. I don't see how this is any surprise, because the whole game is about who can nolife the hardest. Just look at character growth.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby Havion » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:54 pm

<333333333
Havion

Postby iamahh » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:57 pm

Potjeh wrote:
MightySheep wrote:However I do agree that it seems like a bit of a no-life competition. The side with the least real life responsibilities wins!

Welcome to Haven and Hearth. I don't see how this is any surprise, because the whole game is about who can nolife the hardest. Just look at character growth.

but siege is key to losing everything you worked for
iamahh

Postby Longshanks87 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:59 pm

RedSkies wrote:
I count roughly 73 catapults built total by both sides, which is 292 brimstone. That doesn't even include repairing, or the ton we dumped into the village idol to keep up the shield. I would estimate upwards of 500 brim used.

Based on this estimate would it be fair to say that together both side rinsed the majority of the Brimstone in the entire map for this assault and defense?
Is there much point in trying to compete with this anymore?

thoughts jorb>?
not asking for a soloution, but thoughts?
Shanked..
Longshanks87

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:31 pm

no its not even close to fair to say because a lot of brimstone is collected from private sources like someones l5 mine or something where 15 is just always sitting in it. i didnt even check a single public brimstone node during this raid
ChildhoodObesity

Postby TheLoli » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:46 pm

Ah that reminds me then. o.o Does brimstone (and other similar items) not decay inside caves too?
TheLoli

Postby LostJustice » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:11 pm

If brimstone is in the actual resource, it doesn't decay, it stacks up to 15 or something and then waits to be collected. Brimstone geysers can generate inside caves is what trollex was mentioning which a lot of people don't know about and the people who do usually wall it off because it easy profit and easy defense.
LostJustice

Postby TheLoli » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:27 pm

LostJustice wrote:If brimstone is in the actual resource, it doesn't decay, it stacks up to 15 or something and then waits to be collected. Brimstone geysers can generate inside caves is what trollex was mentioning which a lot of people don't know about and the people who do usually wall it off because it easy profit and easy defense.

Ah alrighty. Thankies for the explanation.
TheLoli

Postby Luanes » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:33 pm

Well, good to know that there's someone up to the discussion :D.

LostJustice wrote: Second, the ability to siege at any given time is something that happens real life and I feel is very important to be added to this game. If someone wants to siege at any time they should be given this opportunity. It is just a reflection on real mechanics which I and many others like in Hafen.

I really disagree about that sentence, because IRL you really can be attacked at any time, but, for anyone alive, the top priority would be defend yourself. I guess no one would say:

- They're attacking our village!
- Oh no! The clothes are on the clothesline!

So, to agree with your sentence, people should be able to attack at anytime a "living" target, and, in my point of view, being alive is being able to play. Totally agree with you that player density on a village should be a factor on its resistance, and disagree about the cooldown, I guess you should be able to push your target until you or them use all their resources. Being able to be attacked / defend 6 hours per day is, at least for me, a good amount of time, but, still, it could be increased to 8 or 10 hours. Besides how do you suggest to "set" a time limit that a siege could take? Calculated by the first hit on the shield? Or what? I really want to discuss it.

Edit: Maybe we could use 2 time frames: One chosen by the defender and another by the attacker.
Luanes

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot