The Sudden Downing of an unfortunate adventurer

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: The Sudden Downing of an unfortunate adventurer

Postby DDDsDD999 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:32 am

Longshanks87 wrote:i want the ability to peacefully build and craft and explore without being downed in two hits, and have everything stolen from me.

DDDsDD999

Postby AntiBlitz » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:37 am

i thought the original complaint of this thread is how shitty a horse is within the game. Its something that provides mobility, yet also immediately provides a death encounter if you happen to meet someone in the game. I personally believe the raw hide mechanic is a very cop out solution to the horse pvp mechanics and is more a detriment to the gameplay then it needs be. Though I also do not have a solution to add to my rebuttal, so there is that. I just find it very off putting that riding a horse means death. Does what the horse provides counter balance the weight of its potential lethality?
Last edited by AntiBlitz on Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
AntiBlitz

Postby Adder1234 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:46 am

AntiBlitz wrote:i thought the original complaint of this thread is how shitty a horse is within the game. Its something that provides mobility, yet also immediately provides a death encounter if you happen to meet someone in the game. I personally believe the raw hide mechanic is a very cop out solution to the horse pvp mechanics and is more a detriment to the gameplay then it needs be. Though I also do not have a solution add to my rebuttal, so there is that. I just find it very off putting that riding a horse means death. Does what the horse provides counter balance the weight of its potential lethality?

Agreed, I have a horse but I never use it outside my walls for fear of being attacked. Kind of ruins their whole purpose.
Adder1234

Postby Pan_w_okularach » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:50 am

wrong forum where is Granger when we need him?
Memories of pain
Pan_w_okularach

Postby strpk0 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:46 am

Gotta love how despite the permadeath aspect of this game being severely kneecapped many times in a very short time-span some people still find a way to complain about how it's "so dangerous" :roll:

Give them a hand and they'll take the whole arm... I remember when all it took was 2 punches from a half decent character to get insta killed (and lose 90+% of your stats in the process. gone.), and despite that I can name atleast 5 players I met in legacy haven that managed to go so very far in solo/duo/trio groups that they had the highest statted characters for the last few worlds of it. They got their asses beat, learnt from their mistakes, kept quiet and eventually were the ones rolling around in groups kicking ass, however infrequently they chose to participate in PvP.

The answer to your problems is very simple, don't risk what you're unwilling to lose. If you really do have an itch to explore around and meet people/gather resources/etc, then make a quick character that you know you can replace easily if they were to get attacked/mugged. What you did is basically the equivalent of going for a walk in a dark alley openly holding wads of cash in your hands, and then being surprised when you got your ass beat, and demanding everything should change to adjust to your way of doing things, so that you can be safer.

The problem that comes from the developers listening to every "this game is too harsh" complaint and holding the hands of players (as they have more or less done thus far IMO), and likely the source of frustration for most veteran players when they see posts like this is that it tends to result in updates that seemingly contradict what the game was (originally) about, and is simply unecessary anyway when you realize the myriad of options you and every other player has, and always have had, at their disposal to avoid getting their asses beat this badly, if only they spent a few minutes actually trying to figure it out instead of making pretty and convincing forum posts.
Last edited by strpk0 on Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:45 am, edited 13 times in total.
Granger wrote:Fuck off, please go grow yourself some decency.

strpk0

Postby azrid » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:09 am

Longshanks87 wrote:All it takes is for one person to find and take a disliking to my homestead and i am as good as off of the game.

Consider this:
There are more homesteads than raider groups out there. It would take years to raid every little claim and village by them.
You can hide your valuables on alts with tsacks and you won't be the only loser. My point being, right now raiding random active small bases is not worth the effort.
Compared to what I saw in legacy current Havens raiding in non existent.

You can also improve your survival strategies.
Get to know the area you frequent most.
Keep an eye on forums/discord for any political events and take note of the area they are happening in.
Most important I think is to make friends with the people playing around you. Having a network of friends in the area you play in is like having a tripwire all around you.
I know for 100% there are areas on the map you wont run into titans.
azrid

Postby MadNomad » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:36 pm

LadyV wrote:Most things in this game deal nothing with war.

they actually lead to getting stronger, don't they?
MadNomad

Postby saltyfish » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:26 pm

That is is the actual reason new ppl join and eventually leave this game. And devs are left drinking koolaid of the same old and not growing crowd of folks that started to play H&H forever ago. Cheers!
saltyfish

Postby Kaios » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:36 pm

Longshanks87 wrote:what can someone who doesn't have bots, mods, and sweaty fingers actually do in this game anymore?

pray the nerds leave you alone
Kaios

Postby tigerlrg245 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:08 pm

I got mugged once when going from cf to aurora, was 100% my fault since i saw an alt standing next to crossroads and didn't make the connection, also didn't use the eyeball and just wen't straight away
was only one guy and i was panicking so i was running around in circles while using defences every now and then. judging by my stats back then whoever it was was probably almost a noob.
They took most of my clothes and some starlings i exchanged for to start buying from the aurora market (rip)

Either way I eventually realized that you have to stop being materialistic in this game. It's not about the quality of your sword but the quality of the anvil. your stats stay with you until death and a bit after.
You just have to learn how to not only invest your time in developing equipment but instead in developing both your base that's behind a pali, and your stats/credos.

At the end of the day the only thing I lost was my pride (and about 30gq in starlings lol). But I learned from that experience and I'm glad to have peeled that bandage off early.
tigerlrg245

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot