The Sudden Downing of an unfortunate adventurer

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: The Sudden Downing of an unfortunate adventurer

Postby MadNomad » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:25 pm

saltyfish wrote:That is is the actual reason new ppl join and eventually leave this game.

ok.
MadNomad

Postby DoctorCookie » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:51 pm

The OP is being long winded but the root of his issue is with botting and unfair advantage. Im not taking a side, Im just pointing out that this is not an anti pvp thread at its core.
DoctorCookie

Postby Pan_w_okularach » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:40 pm

yeah
Memories of pain
Pan_w_okularach

Postby Pupsi » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:00 pm

Op is one of these who can be classified as eternal noob :lol:
The player must adapt to the mechanics of the game but these kind of players always trying to remake the mechanics of the game for themselves... These must be killed, destroyed first. ¦]
w5 Hermit>Road Ville>Horde>RQ
w6 The Sparta
w7 Isla de la tortuga>A.D>CookieVille (not sure if it was w7 or w6)
w8 Amish Paradise
w9 Amish Paradise
w10 Amish Paradise > Maid Cafe (until april 2017)
w11 Funcy Huts
w12 :P
Pupsi

Postby Ants » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:43 pm

strpk0 wrote:
The answer to your problems is very simple, don't risk what you're unwilling to lose. If you really do have an itch to explore around and meet people/gather resources/etc, then make a quick character that you know you can replace easily if they were to get attacked/mugged. What you did is basically the equivalent of going for a walk in a dark alley openly holding wads of cash in your hands, and then being surprised when you got your ass beat, and demanding everything should change to adjust to your way of doing things, so that you can be safer.

So you're suggesting he make an alt? I'm pretty sure jorb said he would try to discourage that..

Pupsi wrote:Op is one of these who can be classified as eternal noob :lol:
The player must adapt to the mechanics of the game but these kind of players always trying to remake the mechanics of the game for themselves... These must be killed, destroyed first. ¦]

The mechanics are broken, though. This kind of player CANNOT fight back against botters and players who have been munching big bear bangers since the world began. There's no hope for them because they're too far behind the others.
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby NOOBY93 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:46 pm

Ants wrote:The mechanics are broken, though. This kind of player CANNOT fight back against botters and players who have been munching big bear bangers since the world began. There's no hope for them because they're too far behind the others.

Sure they can. They can join or form a big group, buy some means of production (which are sold all the time by the way), use those to grind their characters up to a reasonable level and fight back in numbers.

It takes great trust and coordination for new factions to be formed, if a noob who doesn't put effort into forming a group or doesn't join a group would be able to fight back against years old factions, the mechanics would be broken.
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby Ants » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:51 pm

NOOBY93 wrote:
Ants wrote:The mechanics are broken, though. This kind of player CANNOT fight back against botters and players who have been munching big bear bangers since the world began. There's no hope for them because they're too far behind the others.

Sure they can. They can join or form a big group, buy some means of production (which are sold all the time by the way), use those to grind their characters up to a reasonable level and fight back in numbers.

It takes great trust and coordination for new factions to be formed, if a noob who doesn't put effort into forming a group or doesn't join a group would be able to fight back against years old factions, the mechanics would be broken.

1. Big groups (by which I assume you mean powerful villages) don't usually let noobs join. When they do, the noobs often feel useless because their stats are so far behind everyone else's that there's not much they can do to help around the village.

2. Good quality tools are very expensive and new players can't afford them. If they somehow manage to scrounge up enough gold to buy what they need, there's still the chance that they might get killed on their way to the market since gankers often lurk at the gates.
Last edited by Ants on Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ants

Postby NOOBY93 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:57 pm

Ants wrote:
NOOBY93 wrote:

1. Big groups don't usually let noobs join. When they do, the noobs often feel useless because their stats are so far behind everyone else's that there's not much they can do to help around the village.

2. Good quality tools are very expensive and new players can't afford them. If they somehow manage to scrounge up enough gold to buy what they need, there's still the chance that they might get killed on their way to the market since gankers often lurk at the gates.

1. Not everyone needs to be a faction player. I can testify that factions do slowly take in some noobs, and it shouldn't be a fast process. Some factions help lower statted players grind their stats high up if the player is useful. There's plenty of ways to be useful as a low statted player. Also take Maid Cafe as an example. They were absolute noname nobodies, they got strong, fought and now they count as a faction.

2. Is the game supposed to hold their hand through the whole process? Sure, tools are expensive. If you can't afford them, buy slightly lower quality but much cheaper tools. If you get ganked, repeat the previous process OR preview roads before porting into them OR buy stuff on an alt OR ask people if there's anyone camping roads at the moment. If a noob fails in every single step to becoming strong, why should he even be thinking about fighting someone who doesn't?

Also it's a social game as much as it's a PvP game. If you have an incredibly unlikeable personality the odds of being taken into any group are low. At that point whining at the mechanics for being broken is just playing a victim instead of trying to improve yourself.
NOOBY93

Postby Ants » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:05 pm

NOOBY93 wrote:1. Not everyone needs to be a faction player. I can testify that factions do slowly take in some noobs, and it shouldn't be a fast process. Some factions help lower statted players grind their stats high up if the player is useful. There's plenty of ways to be useful as a low statted player. Also take Maid Cafe as an example. They were absolute noname nobodies, they got strong, fought and now they count as a faction.

2. Is the game supposed to hold their hand through the whole process? Sure, tools are expensive. If you can't afford them, buy slightly lower quality but much cheaper tools. If you get ganked, repeat the previous process OR preview roads before porting into them OR buy stuff on an alt OR ask people if there's anyone camping roads at the moment. If a noob fails in every single step to becoming strong, why should he even be thinking about fighting someone who doesn't?

So you're saying that it's possible for a noob to catch up if they get a very generous sugar daddy to provide them with food and curios. Hmm. But even with maxed out learning ability and top tier curios, a noob won't ever have as much lp as someone who has access to all that but has been playing since the world started.

Which factions take noobs in? I've heard of factions helping noobs out once in a while, but rarely do strong people adopt noobs and take care of them completely from what I've seen. Wasn't Akihabara founded by old players from Dis or something like that? How late was it founded, and how far behind everyone else were the members?
Ants

Postby NOOBY93 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:28 pm

Ants wrote:But even with maxed out learning ability and top tier curios, a noob won't ever have as much lp as someone who has access to all that but has been playing since the world started.

Berthedin started playing after not having played since Dis died, and made a very strong character from nothing, because he put in the effort and joined a good group.

Ants wrote:Which factions take noobs in? I've heard of factions helping noobs out once in a while, but rarely do strong people adopt noobs and take care of them completely from what I've seen.

Do you think the current faction players were never noobs? In world 7 I joined a village called Equestrian Dominion, our village allied AD, I went to some fights and met some people, asked the leader of AD at the time, Koya, if I can join, those people I met vouched for me, and I joined AD. That's one example of how a nobody joins a faction. I can tell you that every single faction player started as a noob. Will factions instantly recruit nonames who live in roundpole fences with nobody vouching for them? Probably not. Is it possible to rise up to become a faction players? Easily. Take Kankus for example. He was a member of a polish group that worked hard, they befriended Polish Dis and Hedgehugs at the same time, when Polish Dis joined Hedgehugs, Kankus and his group followed and became allied to Hedgehugs. I can guarantee you that early this world nobody knew who Kankus even is.

The point I'm trying to make seems to be completely going over your head. Faction players are not supposed to "adopt noobs and take care of them", the noobs are supposed to put in effort, meet people, become known, get recruited to smaller places that are allied to bigger places, become relevant, join bigger places.

Seriously though, how do you think any faction players started?

And to comment on the "you can't catch up" bullshit, sure you can, firstly because of the diminishing returns of combat stats, secondly because amount of players mostly outweighs amount of stats, and thirdly because not everyone plays 24/7. If you put in more effort than the person you're trying to catch up to puts in, you will catch up. Also, dying removes a good part of your stats and killing enemies is possible.

In conclusion, every single faction player started as a noob, nobody is going to "adopt" you and "take care" of you unless you put in the effort, you are not entitled to anything, the game works as intended, if you don't see that then you're successfully filling the role of the perpetual noob.
NOOBY93

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot