Dock Destroyed...

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Dock Destroyed...

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:59 am

AriZona wrote:right ... Following your suggested idea the invasion of Hitler to Europe is also just "a matter of perspective"!?! Really? Based on the the story here there is nothing 'competitive' - just garbage neighbors.

Other than being a preparation for developing strategic tactics, how do games equate with war? You didn't die. You're still at your keyboard, warrior. You merely lost an avatar.

Merely playing in this game is competition.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby jordancoles » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:14 am

I'm not a fan of how docks currently work or of what they currently cost to make
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby jorb » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:19 am

jordancoles wrote:I'm not a fan of how docks currently work

Oh?
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby jordancoles » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:48 am

jorb wrote:

Oh?

The knarr hearthing is a little OP in terms of raiding and transporting loot around (I haven't tested it myself but can a redhanded passenger hearth home with the knarr driver?).

But on the other hand, it is nice when your knarr adventure doesn't have to last a full round trip so, I'm still conflicted about the teleporting.

I mainly do not like how easy docks are to bash, and how much they cost to make.
Perhaps the best solution would be to give the dock the same level of security as the knarr itself if the knarr has been parked/bound to it (on claimed land).
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby azrid » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:48 am

jordancoles wrote:I mainly do not like how easy docks are to bash, and how much they cost to make.

13 tar kilns and you can build a new dock every 3,5 days.
Be honest and say how you are too lazy to build 13 tar kilns.

I've seen this complaint from other people too like OP and pretty sure its because there isn't enough tar on the market.
I guess it has become easier to ask for a change from developers than making a few more tar kilns :D
azrid

Postby synaris » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:19 pm

wow its weird seeing this from the outside.

anyways, my heart goes out to ya shanks. id meet ya at the fair to give you some tar, but we dont have enough to make it worth the trip for you.

i would agree that the docks could use some extra defense. i think the cost is fine, but being able to build metal reinforcments to increase its soak should be considered.
Newbie and noob do not mean the same thing.

Neither do figuratively and literally.
synaris

Postby jordancoles » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:13 pm

azrid wrote:
jordancoles wrote:I mainly do not like how easy docks are to bash, and how much they cost to make.

13 tar kilns and you can build a new dock every 3,5 days.
Be honest and say how you are too lazy to build 13 tar kilns.

I've seen this complaint from other people too like OP and pretty sure its because there isn't enough tar on the market.
I guess it has become easier to ask for a change from developers than making a few more tar kilns :D

The amount of kilns/land required to make the tar quickly seems disproportionate compared to current dock defense mechanics

The hearth mechanic gives them quite a bit of value which makes it a little harder to argue against the crafting cost, but IMO the dock should've just been a better way to lock up your knarr
Last edited by jordancoles on Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby tigerlrg245 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:18 pm

jordancoles wrote:
jorb wrote:

Oh?

The knarr hearthing is a little OP in terms of raiding and transporting loot around (I haven't tested it myself but can a redhanded passenger hearth home with the knarr driver?).

But on the other hand, it is nice when your knarr adventure doesn't have to last a full round trip so, I'm still conflicted about the teleporting.

I mainly do not like how easy docks are to bash, and how much they cost to make.
Perhaps the best solution would be to give the dock the same level of security as the knarr itself if the knarr has been parked/bound to it (on claimed land).

Simple, add boat travel weariness based on how far the dock is, make it reset faster based on the dock q. (and make it tied to the knarr not the user obviously)

I have a strong feeling of hope that you don't add that, which really shows it's too good to exist at its current state.
Just make sure that at empty weariness (0/100%) you can travel anywhere from the world. some logistic function between 0 and 100% perhaps.
tigerlrg245

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:26 pm

tigerlrg245 wrote:
jordancoles wrote:The knarr hearthing is a little OP in terms of raiding and transporting loot around (I haven't tested it myself but can a redhanded passenger hearth home with the knarr driver?).

Simple, add boat travel weariness based on how far the dock is, make it reset faster based on the dock q. (and make it tied to the knarr not the user obviously)

I have a strong feeling of hope that you don't add that, which really shows it's too good to exist at its current state.
Just make sure that at empty weariness (0/100%) you can travel anywhere from the world. some logistic function between 0 and 100% perhaps.

doesnt really address his concern of porting redhanded passengers home or how annoying it is to build considering the lack of security they have X D it actually just makes it more annoying.... anyways i imagine you can port redhanded people and people in aggro with current game mechanics (as long as the driver isnt either) worked last world with charterstones https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2B5k4mMOqY
ChildhoodObesity

Postby jordancoles » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:30 pm

ChildhoodObesity wrote:
tigerlrg245 wrote:
jordancoles wrote:The knarr hearthing is a little OP in terms of raiding and transporting loot around (I haven't tested it myself but can a redhanded passenger hearth home with the knarr driver?).

doesnt really address his concern of porting redhanded passengers home or how annoying it is to build considering the lack of security they have X D it actually just makes it more annoying.... anyways i imagine you can port redhanded people and people in aggro with current game mechanics (as long as the driver isnt either) worked last world with charterstones https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2B5k4mMOqY

BEAM ME UP TROLLEXx

Image Image Image
jordancoles

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot