list of dangerous pvp players

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: list of dangerous pvp players

Postby NOOBY93 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:55 am

This thread is and will be a joke. You will never know where the dangerous players are and when they find you in the wilderness, what difference does it make? Are you going to ask them their name?
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby sinko » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:16 am

Its what I do when I meet people...do you not?
sinko

Postby Onep » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:24 am

The problem is; the dangerous people are the ones who kill people on sight. They're not going to kin you. And if you do kin them, their name is probably like Assburglar. It's not uncommon for people to use names completely unrelated to their forum identity. So, good luck identifying folks. Not to mention it's just as easy to change your name to the moniker of someone else.
Even skulls are unreliable for identification. I've seen so many skulls with names like PantyraiderMK3 that you have no clue who you even killed unless they happen to mention it in one of the public chats.
“We still, alas, cannot forestall it-
This dreadful ailment's heavy toll;
The spleen is what the English call it,
We call it simply, Russian soul.”

An idea to consider: Tedium, a Feature.
Do you like Onep? Do you think he'd look good in green? www.Onep4mod.com
Jorb hates me. :\
Onep

Postby cyrus9586 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:48 am

Onep wrote:The problem is; the dangerous people are the ones who kill people on sight. They're not going to kin you. And if you do kin them, their name is probably like Assburglar. It's not uncommon for people to use names completely unrelated to their forum identity. So, good luck identifying folks. Not to mention it's just as easy to change your name to the moniker of someone else.
Even skulls are unreliable for identification. I've seen so many skulls with names like PantyraiderMK3 that you have no clue who you even killed unless they happen to mention it in one of the public chats.

But it is this old west attitude that I love about H&H. Think back as far as you like as long as it was before mass communication. in the 1300s what stopped a thief from getting decent clothes and going to a new town across country and saying he was mr honest preacher man?

Who would know in the 1820s how Mr.Bee who just strolled into town IS the notorious bandit leader Dingle Berry?

Who knows who you REALLY just met. His Kin name says he is (Insert name of anyone you hate) he acts like he is nice. He gave you a BUNCH of q200 clothes! He can't be bad...Later that night "Your New Buddy" meets with his village and says he found some fresh newbies to mess with when they get bored and that he has a way in. Oh you thought those clothes were gifts? Nah just "Loaners"
Former proud Owner of Hoo Cudda De Cheese Factory W9.
Mad God of New Sheoth W14
CHEESE FOR EVERYONE!
cyrus9586

Postby sinko » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:50 am

cyrus9586 wrote:
Onep wrote:The problem is; the dangerous people are the ones who kill people on sight. They're not going to kin you. And if you do kin them, their name is probably like Assburglar. It's not uncommon for people to use names completely unrelated to their forum identity. So, good luck identifying folks. Not to mention it's just as easy to change your name to the moniker of someone else.

But it is this old west attitude that I love about H&H. Think back as far as you like as long as it was before mass communication. in the 1300s what stopped a thief from getting decent clothes and going to a new town across country and saying he was mr honest preacher man?

Who would know in the 1820s how Mr.Bee who just strolled into town IS the notorious bandit leader Dingle Berry?

Who knows who you REALLY just met. His Kin name says he is (Insert name of anyone you hate) he acts like he is nice. He gave you a BUNCH of q200 clothes! He can't be bad...Later that night "Your New Buddy" meets with his village and says he found some fresh newbies to mess with when they get bored and that he has a way in. Oh you thought those clothes were gifts? Nah just "Loaners"

just another plot to steal your pants
sinko

Postby viznew » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:59 am

yea its hard to tell whos gonna be the baddie

be carefull around any unknowns

even those you call freinds sometimes

mostly keep your good stuff at home when dont really need and keep a 2nd set to always be rdy to lose your gear when out and about (if your a weakling like myself)

half the time im koed i have no clue who did it and usually the scents dont provide alot of answers (thou i cant say i track them alot but when i do i learn very little or get koed again)
ImageImage
viznew

Postby cyrus9586 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:02 am

viznew wrote:yea its hard to tell whos gonna be the baddie

be carefull around any unknowns

even those you call freinds sometimes

mostly keep your good stuff at home when dont really need and keep a 2nd set to always be rdy to lose your gear when out and about (if your a weakling like myself)

half the time im koed i have no clue who did it and usually the scents dont provide alot of answers (thou i cant say i track them alot but when i do i learn very little or get koed again)

When it comes to that you can try asking someone to track scent BUT You even have to worry then cause unless they are a known GOOD person. They may be a clan mate of the one who killed you and will just kill you again, give you a false location to try and send an assassin, whatever they want. Again I love that H&H is like this. Don't get me wrong I hate it BUT I love it cause it adds a layer of a detective mystery at times to the game.
CHEESE FOR EVERYONE!
cyrus9586

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:22 am

NOOBY93 wrote:This thread is and will be a joke. You will never know where the dangerous players are and when they find you in the wilderness, what difference does it make? Are you going to ask them their name?

This. Everything in game is so anonymous, anyway, there's no way to know if they are who they say they are. They could be impersonating jorb for all you know.

Now, if people are wanting to know who is who just to associate skill with a name, this thread serves a purpose.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby cyrus9586 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:33 am

MagicManICT wrote:
NOOBY93 wrote:This thread is and will be a joke. You will never know where the dangerous players are and when they find you in the wilderness, what difference does it make? Are you going to ask them their name?

This. Everything in game is so anonymous, anyway, there's no way to know if they are who they say they are. They could be impersonating jorb for all you know.

Now, if people are wanting to know who is who just to associate skill with a name, this thread serves a purpose.

Seeing as OP posted what at glance was just someone being a jerk and it seems intent is only to get names and proof of who is a "Dangerous PVPer", which REALLY is ANYONE who does PVP nice? I mean if two players are testing fighting against one another or more isnt that sparring not PvP? PVP in this game is murderers. Which can be any or all of us. This thread seems only to try and take the amaninity(feel free to spell check me on that word) away between forum and IG name which as we have said can be changed at will. So this thread is 100% useless.

Edit: WTF I just read his "proof" they are from like 6 months ago! Shits an old dig at wounds from 6 friggen months ago!
CHEESE FOR EVERYONE!
cyrus9586

Postby ElGato » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:49 am

um.. I'm pretty dangerous? :ugeek:
burgingham wrote:We are all Gato, and Gato is Delamore of course. Goons blablabla...

Caradon wrote:Gato, the anti-ghandi

Sabinati wrote:yeah we're gonna kill you gato!!!
ElGato

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot