Funny story about too much time and security flaws

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Funny story about too much time and security flaws

Postby Zarxes » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:58 am

So im sharing this story with you guys now because i think it might be amusing to some.
The irony that I am writing this, basically wasting time, about people who waste time and effort, doesnt escape me.
I have been inactive for quite some time but i am following patches. From now and then enough has changed that I get curious enough to check out the game again, see whats new. So I logged in with an alt of mine just wandering the world looking for interesting stuff, checking out ruins foraging and just basically goofing around.
Among ruins i found a small, unclaimed cave filled with some cupboards, tons of curios (a few decent even) a filled, study desk and some other stuff like an anvil and cauldron. Someone must have been checking out ruins as i have been doing and gathering stuff in that cave. Closeby i was lucky enough to stumble upon a horse that i dragged into the cave and filled a small trough from nearby chicken coops so the poor bugger wont starve. I put a small claim onto the cave and went out exploring again. As it happens i check out a lot of forsaken places. Pretty sure it was this place:

http://odditown.com/haven/map/#x=82.86&y=61.08&zoom=9

Doors on the west were open, closest plot to that also had open doors open. Place looked forsaken, fields not done for quite some time it seems. I went on to check out the whole plot. For some reason I was able to move free within the surface plot while the plot wasnt decayed. First I thought the claim had decayed but apparently he had permissions set up that way. The minehole was also left open. Downstairs i realize that I am basically stuck because permissions are different than upstairs. Since all doors upstairs were open and i dont want to port home just yet, I decide to take my chances and hope for another open door that lets me leave the place. I have to leave a trespassing scent to be able to move again I start to explore the L1 plot in the mine. To my surprise a big chunk of that plot is not covered by any claim neither pclaim nor any village. So I manage to get rid of my visitor debuff there but i do not find any open doors. I get the sound warning that someone is close and port home at this point. Anyways I do not have the criminal acts to free himself nor would I care for using them and leaving scents, no point sticking around.
After this, I log out.
When I log back in about an hour or two later, I get noticed that the space I have logged out at is occupied. I log back in standing in front of a runestone saying “Stop messing with my village – bitch”. All the random crap that was lying around from the guy that abandoned the place in that small cave was bashed, anvil, cauldron, stockpiles, study desk, herbtable and trough. Every other tile is covered with stockpiles of feathers and whatever. My horse and my through is missing. After I get rid of that runestone to reach the surface I realize the entrance has been blocked with logs, the horse has been slaughtered butchered and scattered. Also my small claim was bashed and the leftovers from the ruins around were also bashed.
https://imgur.com/a/WGTB2
After i freed myself and removed quite a few of the stockpiles.

https://imgur.com/a/LfJcJ
Surface, lots of logs and that pile of goo seems to be my horse. He went full hannibal lecter on the poor sucker.

Day after I come back to check it out and find the runestone was renewed with a different little love letter attached. Also he put down some more stockpiles and rearranged them. Somebody must be bored... damn...

I am kinda amused that someone would go through that much trouble. That someone would actually spend that much time, tracking that trespass scent and also all the effort to bash some random ruin and even leave a runestone. That must have cost quite a bit of time.
Time, that would have been much better spent fixing that GLARING security hole in that base of yours. Are you aware that by not claiming your cellar someone with the right skills can actually get rid of visitor debuff and wreck your stuff? Well I guess you will be spending that extra time now.
I for my part will keep exploring to check out more new stuff.
Zarxes

Re: Funny story about too much time and security flaws

Postby ElGato » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:53 pm

lol there was nothing you could have done regardless of skills without the visitor debuff. What would you do? help me mine some more? What could you have done anywhere except trespass in the claim? There is nothing you can do so I don't think there is some security flaws.
Plus with roads to nearby your little cave it literally took 5 mins to find where you were hiding. But, you walking 30 minutes with a horse and writing a post. Who is wasting time?
burgingham wrote:We are all Gato, and Gato is Delamore of course. Goons blablabla...

Caradon wrote:Gato, the anti-ghandi

Sabinati wrote:yeah we're gonna kill you gato!!!
ElGato

Postby Mario_Demorez » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:05 pm

Your horse isn't missing. It is probably just in one of those stockpiles.
Mario_Demorez

Postby tigerlrg245 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:09 pm

Hannibal lecter wouldn't spend time on your horse he'd go straight to the main dish (you)
Tracking and following a trail for a bit probably wouldn't actually take that much, probably spent less time than you did in their base

ElGato wrote:lol there was nothing you could have done regardless of skills without the visitor debuff. What would you do? help me mine some more? What could you have done anywhere except trespass in the claim? There is nothing you can do so I don't think there is some security flaws.

I've 0 idea what you're trying to say gato, or what they did to make you mad
either way just gate your minehole and close the outer gates?

Mario_Demorez wrote:Your horse isn't missing. It is probably just in one of those stockpiles.

lol. They did you a favour and butchered with better softcap for you
tigerlrg245

Postby ElGato » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:58 pm

I had set top claim for white to trespass a while ago and never changed it, minehole is gated :). The area he's talking about in L1 was an expansion, walls were up and areas for supports dug out and supports built only. There was still a wall and gate there that would have given him visitor again if he entered.
The situation upset me because he came back 3 days in a row, who does that? Once you see the area is not inactive, why continue and try to explore it?
burgingham wrote:We are all Gato, and Gato is Delamore of course. Goons blablabla...

Caradon wrote:Gato, the anti-ghandi

Sabinati wrote:yeah we're gonna kill you gato!!!
ElGato

Postby Kaios » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:27 am

ElGato considering your overreaction to someone wandering in to an open gate and the "friendly" runestones it makes me want to log in just to come mess with your trash village.

clean your room dumbass
Kaios

Postby Zarxes » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:48 pm

ElGato wrote:The situation upset me because he came back 3 days in a row, who does that? Once you see the area is not inactive, why continue and try to explore it?

I didnt come back 3 times in a row btw. I just started playing again that day and im pretty sure i entered your place only once cause i have not played on that account much since my little cave was trashed. Must have been a coincidence. I think possibly the other 2 days might have been someone else or maybe the person who stocked the cave full of stuff before i found it. You would not have been able to bash the claim if i was there for 3 days. Also I would certainly not enter a place that isnt inactive, especially if i also encountered someone there before. Guess this comes down to misunderstanding?
Zarxes

Postby MrPunchers » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:59 pm

ElGato more like El Faggot lmao
Suck me good and hard thru my jorts
MrPunchers

Postby tigerlrg245 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:15 pm

Zarxes wrote: Guess this comes down to misunderstanding?

Yes, welcome to haven. when communications aren't easy / constant people usually misunderstand each other.
Then we end up getting posts like the sudden downing of an unfortunate shitposter which show the inconvenience this gives both sides of any situation. (sometimes people just kill you cause theyre dicks. lol. part of the game part of life)
At least you've been cool about it. Either way I'd probably just ignore the runestone or take it back as a prized meme.
Kaios wrote:ElGato considering your overreaction to someone wandering in to an open gate and the "friendly" runestones it makes me want to log in just to come mess with your trash village.

clean your room dumbass

Kaios wrote:overreaction
tigerlrg245

Postby Zarxes » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:33 pm

tigerlrg245 wrote:Yes, welcome to haven. when communications aren't easy / constant people usually misunderstand each other.
Then we end up getting posts like the sudden downing of an unfortunate shitposter which show the inconvenience this gives both sides of any situation. (sometimes people just kill you cause theyre dicks. lol. part of the game part of life)
At least you've been cool about it. Either way I'd probably just ignore the runestone or take it back as a prized meme.

Yeah, been around long enough to know what you say its true. But more often than not people are actually nice guys if you talk to them after they attacked you or messed with your stuff.

For the reason of this post:
I basically logged in, wandered for a few hours. Discovered the small cave and thought - sweet. Put down a claim and my hf. Went to explore, stumbled into that village. When i was warned that someone is close i ported home and logged out. After logging back in 2 hours later i discovered the totally trashed cave and it felt one of those hollywood situations in which the ex girlfriend trashes the wrong car. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSL19GBh3wg Thought id share that feeling :D
Zarxes

Return to The Moot