Public Service Announcement : Quest Givers

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Public Service Announcement : Quest Givers

Postby LtTurtleshot » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:27 pm

So I've been around a lot of quest givers recently and I realized that almost none of them have any indication that they are in fact quest givers. So I'm actually asking for everyone to actually mark them as best as they can using whatever means they have so newcomers don't accidently cut them or break them in any way.

Use runestones, place signboards or anything other mean of marking them so no one goes on and remove them.

This has caused a few tensions between people of the same area and simply marking them would help a lot of people to NOT kill the quest givers. Everyone wants to use magic after all! :D
LtTurtleshot

Re: Public Service Announcement : Quest Givers

Postby AntiBlitz » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:11 pm

The fact is, marking them is as dangerous as not marking them, if not more. As people have a propensity to want to destroy them, especially since this causes frustration to enemies of other villages or realms. Its unfortunately a double standard, damned if you do, damned if you dont.
AntiBlitz

Postby CaddoPuma » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:48 am

LtTurtleshot wrote:So I've been around a lot of quest givers recently and I realized that almost none of them have any indication that they are in fact quest givers. So I'm actually asking for everyone to actually mark them as best as they can using whatever means they have so newcomers don't accidently cut them or break them in any way.

Use runestones, place signboards or anything other mean of marking them so no one goes on and remove them.

This has caused a few tensions between people of the same area and simply marking them would help a lot of people to NOT kill the quest givers. Everyone wants to use magic after all! :D

Quest givers Saying stuff, if you hit them.
CaddoPuma

Postby Amanda44 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:41 am

A group of players in my area have pclaimed them and built connecting roads between the quest givers which has proven extremely helpful, if they had set trespass rights to white it would have been even better, but no-one is really interested in trespass scents when it is obvious why they have been left, so not too big a deal.

If other players can be bothered to do this, it is a pretty good solution to both protecting the quest givers and helping players locate and travel to them. :)
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby CaddoPuma » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:22 pm

Amanda44 wrote:A group of players in my area have pclaimed them and built connecting roads between the quest givers which has proven extremely helpful, if they had set trespass rights to white it would have been even better, but no-one is really interested in trespass scents when it is obvious why they have been left, so not too big a deal.

If other players can be bothered to do this, it is a pretty good solution to both protecting the quest givers and helping players locate and travel to them. :)
If you are where I think you are, originally that Pclaim was set to allow white trespass but the claim owner went inactive and someone else...someone we've not yet been able to identify, has reclaimed them and failed to allow white trespass.
CaddoPuma

Postby Terry6390 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:26 pm

Yes, please mark them for me.
AKA: Terry of The Dab
Terry6390

Postby azrid » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:38 pm

Terry6390 wrote:Yes, please mark them for me.

I have but I marked trees that were not quest givers. Thanks for the free lumber chump.
azrid

Return to The Moot