The Great Cheese Heist

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

The Great Cheese Heist

Postby AntiBlitz » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:30 pm

So, the previous day, had just logged off, having moved the cheese around my base. When I logged on, I went to move the cheese and found the racks with the trays still in them, however they were all empty. This all seemed quite odd, so I went to the other floors of the cheesery and found them also cheese burgled. There upon the upper floor lay a dead horse, which had somehow died inside of a cheese rack, causing it to float.

No scents that I can see, which makes me question, does cutting cheese from a tray while its on the rack cause theft? I would assume so, but I don't see any.

Whoever cheese napped me, are quite the burglars as I don't know how they got in. The mine topside is secured with a pali. The entirety of the village has a palisade up, and the doors closed and is claimed by village perms, not personal claim. So only a village member could gain entry without debuff.

This then makes me think it was an inside job, but why then pour the milk out of the unfinished trays lol, doesn't make any sense, or eat all the Abayye cheese that isn't even done. Not to mention, only one member had been on in the timeframe of the kidnapping. Maybe this was a drunken Pollock moment.....

has someone maybe bugged there way into my base or is this the work of some foul wizard? I don't even have qa 175 horses, and I cant see the name of the horse, else this would solve the mystery all together I think. I am in need of a detective.
AntiBlitz

Re: The Great Cheese Heist

Postby azrid » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:54 pm

send pictures of base
azrid

Postby Spin2Win » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:20 am

if you found no scents this guy could be the ultimate super master of theft and stealth, other than that idk lol
Sic Parvis Magna; Greatness from small beginnings.
Spin2Win

Postby Amanda44 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:29 am

You can eat/slice from the cheese trays without leaving theft scents if you don't remove the trays ... as there are no signs of forced entry though it seems a like a villager just got greedy.

Though the horse is a mystery, maybe it was the horse, wandered in starving and then overate. :)

Any updates?
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby Granger » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:14 am

Amanda44 wrote:Though the horse is a mystery, maybe it was the horse, wandered in starving and then overate. :)

Animals don't wander through portals...
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby azrid » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:29 am

nvm you deserved that one
azrid

Postby AntiBlitz » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:30 pm

Amanda44 wrote:You can eat/slice from the cheese trays without leaving theft scents if you don't remove the trays ... as there are no signs of forced entry though it seems a like a villager just got greedy.

Though the horse is a mystery, maybe it was the horse, wandered in starving and then overate. :)

Any updates?

this is good to know, that you don't leave theft scents from slicing cheese. And also why wouldn't you leave theft scents from stealing it, ya know that just doesn't make sense. I believe the horse was left inside because he couldn't get back out the door since he had not brought a rope, though not sure why he didn't just port out afterwards tho lol. I am confused as to how it occurred is all if anything. I truly don't suspect the only village mate that was online during the time would've dumped out all the milk and what not from the cheese trays, considering he is a trusted member of the village I wouldn't suspect him of doing such a task since it harms even himself not having the cheese lol. I also wouldn't be angry if he decided he wanted to eat it all, which is what I told him, im more so worried about some unbeknownst security issue that I have which I cant put my finger on, ive been bamboozled. Or it was somehow glitched, which I find unlikely.

what I suspect is that someone used the charter stone if it doesn't give a debuff and then were able to take the only thing they could, which was cheese.

azrid wrote:nvm you deserved that one

are you responding to her, or making an accusation?
AntiBlitz

Postby Amanda44 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:28 pm

Granger wrote:
Amanda44 wrote:Though the horse is a mystery, maybe it was the horse, wandered in starving and then overate. :)

Animals don't wander through portals...

:P

AntiBlitz wrote:what I suspect is that someone used the charter stone if it doesn't give a debuff and then were able to take the only thing they could, which was cheese.

Yes, in all seriousness, that does seem to be the most likely answer. I do also think it should be classed as stealing to take cheese from the cheese tray, I found out that it didn't when a neighbour helped himself to a couple of slices of my Sunlit Stilton. :)
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby azrid » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:52 pm

A criminal gets his cheese taken. Justice is served.
azrid

Postby AntiBlitz » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:07 pm

azrid wrote:A criminal gets his cheese taken. Justice is served.

right according on which side of the looking glass you are on, one side always views the other as evil, while they are righteous and good.

Regardless, the act of stealing cheese from a cheese tray should be a crime, and should be fixed to prevent such exploits in the future. I hope Jorb and Loftar find that reasonable, I cant see it not being such and don't see it being refuted.
AntiBlitz

Next

Return to The Moot