Scammed of 4 Shop Hats

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Scammed of 4 Shop Hats

Postby Wonderful » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:07 am

Recently traded a player from the Hedgehugs discord channel for his "Holy Halo". The agreement would be for four of the current shop hats: "Plumber's Plunger", "Saucepan Hat", "Frog Prince", and "Clap Cap". We met in the community fair, and we both "assumed" transferred ownership of the hats, before hearthing back. Upon checking my hearth, I had discovered that the other player had actually scammed me.

His Hearthling Name was "Brix" -This can be assumed to be an alternate.
His discord name is "LSD" -Which can also be assumed to be an alternate.

Any further information that anyone can provide in regards to who this is would be very helpful in avoiding this occurring to anyone else. Stay safe out there!
Last edited by Wonderful on Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wonderful

Re: Scammed of 4 Hats

Postby Wonderful » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:12 am

Discord Messages:
Wonderful

Postby shubla » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:29 pm

One should use barter stands for trading!

Maybe you should be able to wrap hats into gift boxes so their ownership could be transferred via a barterstand.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby vatas » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:35 pm

Since RL currency is involved in store hats, I wouldn't mind some form of secure trading exclusive to them.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Wonderful » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:29 pm

Would be as simple as making the game alert you if you had been given a hat. It alerts you if you gain a stat point. It also doesn’t help players can drop hats they didn’t transfer, which is how he tricked me to begin with.
Wonderful

Postby Potjeh » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:35 pm

Honestly this should be a permanent account ban. It's RL money scamming.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby Wonderful » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:47 pm

People in the Hedgehugs discord were telling me to PM Jorbtar, but I don’t feel like this is something that can be corrected at the moment. It’s probably just possible to prevent it from happening in the future. Long story short it was my own fault for not taking better precautions and it’s a learning opportunity to others and myself.
Wonderful

Postby Lyrroth » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:50 pm

Normally I would agree, but it is about money spend on cosmetic stuff that You can't produce any other way.
Lyrroth

Postby shubla » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:23 pm

Potjeh wrote:Honestly this should be a permanent account ban. It's RL money scamming.

Maybe, but how is one going to prove that he was scammed? Its a lot of work for devs to manually think whether or not to ban people, they discourage or dont allow trading for real life money anyway.
Some people might even try to abuse the system, claim that somebody scammed them, even though they were not scammed.

What should be done is preventative steps so people would not get scammed.

What should be done in this specific case though is to ban both ,the scammer and the one who was scammed for RL money trading, maybe also nuke their villages and make a forum post of it, as a warning to other with such thoughts.
Last edited by shubla on Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby azrid » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:25 pm

Nuke this guys accounts.
azrid

Next

Return to The Moot