Scammed of 4 Shop Hats

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Scammed of 4 Hats

Postby Wonderful » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:32 pm

I am somewhat opposed to the idea of banning someone for trading hats. As that is a common occurring item of trade throughout the server, as well as the image coupons and subscription tokens. It’s unjust to make a statement of banning and nuking in regards to this one action reaction event.
Wonderful

Postby vatas » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:40 pm

Wonderful wrote:Would be as simple as making the game alert you if you had been given a hat. It alerts you if you gain a stat point. It also doesn’t help players can drop hats they didn’t transfer, which is how he tricked me to begin with.

This. Definitely needs system message "[Name of the Hat] has been transferred to your account."

shubla wrote:What should be done in this specific case though is to ban both ,the scammer and the one who was scammed for RL money trading, maybe also nuke their villages and make a forum post of it, as a warning to other with such thoughts.

RL money trading, I think, refers to giving in-game items or accounts in exchange for something like direct PayPal deposit. These people were engaging in trade that was facilitated by game mechanics specifically implemented to allow it. Of course one of the parties ended up scamming the other, in part because implementation turned out to be imperfect.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby SnuggleSnail » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:03 pm

Potjeh wrote:Honestly this should be a permanent account ban. It's RL money scamming.

If this is RL scamming, is killing a character that gained FEPs with a subscription RL vandalism?
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Re: Scammed of 4 Shop Hats

Postby jorb » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:15 pm

I gave you the hats back. Thank you for supporting the game.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Flyrella » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:25 pm

jorb wrote:I gave you the hats back. Thank you for supporting the game.

That is amazing!
Flyrella

Postby Wonderful » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:30 pm

I am literally speechless. Thank you so much Jorb! I’ll be smarter in the future in regards to trades!
Wonderful

Postby MrBunzy » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:08 pm

jorb wrote:I gave you the hats back. Thank you for supporting the game.

Not at all what I would expect from past precedents, but great to hear! Would you be willing to reveal the identity of the other party involved? If people know their anonymity is not ensured I think it would go a long way towards discouraging scams like this.
(once and futue king btw)
MrBunzy

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:04 pm

MrBunzy wrote:Not at all what I would expect from past precedents, but great to hear! Would you be willing to reveal the identity of the other party involved? If people know their anonymity is not ensured I think it would go a long way towards discouraging scams like this.

+1
ChildhoodObesity

Postby Astarisk » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:01 pm

ChildhoodObesity wrote:
MrBunzy wrote:Not at all what I would expect from past precedents, but great to hear! Would you be willing to reveal the identity of the other party involved? If people know their anonymity is not ensured I think it would go a long way towards discouraging scams like this.

+1

We must know whose reputation needs to be ruined. +1
IRC/IGN: Rawrz

Join the Haven & Hearth Discord if you need help and our community will surely help you:
Astarisk

Postby Ardennesss » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:36 pm

+1 to name and shaming
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ardennesss

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot