So this happened to me today

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

So this happened to me today

Postby clefa221 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:06 am

So today I was trying to heal some wounds and I went to a swamp to get leeches on me, like a noob, I did not realize that I did not have a safe number of SHP, and I learned that leeches can cause CONCUSSIONS :lol: . Now my character is stuck in a purgatory of waking up and getting knocked back out by leeches. Lesson of the day: be careful with leeches
clefa221

Re: So this happened to me today

Postby shubla » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:52 am

I think that is a thing that every hnh player will eventually go through!
I did mine in w6
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Granger » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:36 am

You should remove them ASAP or they'll kill you.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Miss_Min » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:31 am

Granger wrote:You should remove them ASAP or they'll kill you.

Yes that's great and all but you can't remove them while unconscious. So you literally end up with a double KO. The time I did it (which was not so very long ago because hi I can still be an idiot, apparently) I ended up with approx 150 points of concussion on top of the mining injuries that first inspired the careless leech application. YAY.
Miss_Min

Postby vatas » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:52 am

I get why Concussion was added to the game (to prevent repeatedly attacking target that can't permakill to wear it down, alternative to punish from getting KO'd other than permanent death) but I don't think you should get it when you KO from leeches.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby wonder-ass » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:03 pm

concussion should only proc when you get a big hit on HHP not from 2 damage tick from leeches lol
(midges shouldnt be able to ko you and proc concussion when you have like 99 hhp left out of 100)
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby blinx » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:04 pm

The concussion effect is not a result of the leeches or midges, it is a result of the unconsciousness. If you are so weakened that the bite of a midge or leech renders you unconscious, you're likely in bad shape.
blinx

Postby Undercio » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:36 pm

Oh, Uve missed the days that putting leeches on ko'ed pvp player would kill him w/o leaving murder scents ;)
Undercio

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:06 am

blinx wrote:The concussion effect is not a result of the leeches or midges, it is a result of the unconsciousness. If you are so weakened that the bite of a midge or leech renders you unconscious, you're likely in bad shape.

I'm with wonder-ass on this. An injury such as slowly being bled out by leeches, midges, or such should be a different kind of KO wound that isn't as harsh. Sure, you might bump your head when you fall down, but.... It's one thing to get KO'd by a bear or cave-in and get a concussion, another when a leech gives you one.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby blinx » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:45 am

Well again, typically if the leech of midge is KOing you, it's because you already have a bunch of other wounds and injuries.
blinx

Next

Return to The Moot