Community Fair

Forum for discussing in game trades, offers and deals.

Re: Community Fair

Postby Chebermech » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:38 pm

Sorry, thought this was pretty self explanatory, but once again for the questions: 1. Why not use solid bars and or nuggets? and question 2. why not have other people be able to print their own golden/silver coins? the answers are:

According to op: We would like to control our currency and set our own rate for it... We do this to inject more of our currency into the economy and not run out or be dependent on our own miners to generate more coins. We also put a small tax on the currency print... This is the only tax we have, to pay out for our hard work and management of this nice place, as well as to protect ourselves from running out of currency.

1. It works as a small insurance, or in other words we want to have coins sold constantly without asking miners to dig more each time we need more gold for whatever reason such as events that will award people with golden/silver coins which we will use out of the tax pool. Next, having a small cut makes the coins more attractive, having 100 gq is better than having 1 golden bar and people would be slightly inclined towards using them rather than smelting, although its not that huge of a difference and people will still smelt if need be.

2. Even though first part partially answered some of the second part, another reason we don't want other golden coins is simply because they don't stack, and if people will print whole bunch of coins with different names and then will be buying lots of things that cost very little (1,2,3 coins, etc.) it'll be a mess in a cupboard if not overflow it with small stacks, re-smelting and smelting back in our own coins or even nameless neutral coins to put up price on things we buy would take awhile and we don't want to do all that. We also simply want to have our own name on the coins.

There are probably more reasons that can be thought of, but none the less this is what we want it to be and we thought this would be fair, also we don't forbid gold or silver metal in hand to hand exchange at the charter stone area with sheds located in theft zones, and also we plan to change the rates of both gold and silver slightly, never going below 85, and sometimes going above 90. While the market is still fairly new the price will stay at 90 for quite some time and will even go up during an upcoming event, these kind of price changes would attract more people to come visit the place even if they aren't interested in participating at the events, they might find it interesting to watch or change their mind and become participants. The idea behind Community Fair is not to get the tax money out of the market, but be a point of interest for the game's community, not just a marketplace but also a place for people to get some entertainment, no matter what affiliation they are, there are lots of ways to have fun in this game given the right circumstances that usually aren't practical outside the environment which we are trying to create, which requires a lot of time and effort to finish, as well as some form of valuable item in the game that would interest people in either helping to build this place or participate in the future events for a prize.
Chebermech

Postby DDDsDD999 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:55 am

Axucs the hedgehog woke up from his slumber on his golden throne, and began a survey of his kingdom. The water was calm, the wind was dead, the dust was settled. His ears were greeted with the sound of a bubbling brook and the low hum of a battle-axe being sharpened. He glanced over at bubbey the hedgehog, who's battleaxe was fine enough to shave with. He brought his attention over to Tuz the hedgehog, who was counting the treasury's quills over for the hundredth time, in meticulous fashion. Axucs ignored the numbness of sleep and comfort and slowly began to stand. He announced at the top of his lungs:

"ASSEMBLE THE FINEST FIGHTERS. WE SHALL HAVE A TOURNAMENT"

Community Tournament I
The tournament will take place on Sunday, April 9th, 7 PM UTC
Since this is the first tournament we've done, things are subject to change.

There are two brackets: Free & Pay To Fight

Free Bracket:
3v3
One fight per match
No admission cost
Fight times might be limited depending on how many entries we receive. The host will decide before the tournament starts on how to deal with this

Prizes
300 Golden Quills for 1st place, 100 for each person
150 Golden Quills for 2nd place, 50 for each person
75 Golden Quills for 3rd place, 25 for each person

Pay To Fight Bracket:
3v3
Best of 3s
50 Golden Quills admission cost per team
This bracket will be voided if we do not receive at least 6 admissions. The admission costs will be refunded.
Fight times might be limited depending on how many entries we receive. The host will decide before the tournament starts on how to deal with this

Prizes
1st place gets the entire combination of admission prices
Prizes might be increased

CONTACTS

Axucs (EN & RU)

trollex/childhoodobesity (EN)
forum
Neopets account

Rawrz (EN)
forum
myanimelist.net
DDDsDD999

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:56 am

YES!! YES!!!!!!!!
ChildhoodObesity

Re: Community Fair [Community Tournament I on April 9]

Postby Kearn » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:21 am

haha jokes on you im retarded
Last edited by Kearn on Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kearn

Postby Chebermech » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:42 am

Kearn wrote:sure would be nice if you guys could actually keep your stands stocked since they're perpetually out of coins to exchange for bars

perpetually out of coins to exchange for bars, as in always? smells like trolling to me because we haven't ran out once yet, since the market been open, or you somehow confused/mistaken on how barter stands work :/.
Chebermech

Postby Sevenless » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:05 pm

Is it possible to have silver gold coin exchange in a smaller denomination than 45:100?

There are some items priced in silver that interest my poor self, but the only items I can trade in are sold for gold coins. Either buying royal ants for silver (most viable for beginners trade good) or offering a 7g:15s exchange would be appreciated.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby KwonChiMin » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:17 pm

apart from them crying and leaving fighters - that was a fun event there.
frog race was awesome!
KwonChiMin

Postby NOOBY93 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:41 pm

honestly the 2 dis teams deciding they're not going the same day the tournament actually happened was pretty gay and the 2 ppl, 1 from my team and 1 from AD or whatever team leaving in the middle of the tournament was even more gay

but other than that, fun hehe
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby Leksar » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:35 pm

k, u can see the fights at my stream here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZAi0FI ... t=2h51m00s (it starts on 2:51:00 if timestamp didn't work somehow)
Leksar

Postby NOOBY93 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:30 pm

Leksar wrote:k, u can see the fights at my stream here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZAi0FI ... t=2h51m00s (it starts on 2:51:00 if timestamp didn't work somehow)

INTENSE frog races
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

PreviousNext

Return to Apples For Oranges