Community Fair

Forum for discussing in game trades, offers and deals.

Re: Community Fair

Postby APXEOLOG » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:36 am

Chebermech wrote:Please read the whole thing, its self explanatory. If you need translation it's planned for later.

This doesn't answer my question. I asked what is the logic behind using gold/silver as a coin material
W10 Meme Plot | W9 Mantis Garden | W8 Core | W7 Ofir | W6 the City of Dis | W5 Vitterstad | W4 A.D. | W3 Mirniy
jorb wrote:All your characters will be deleted, and I will level every village any one of them were ever members of.
APXEOLOG

Postby infectedking » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:35 pm

APXEOLOG wrote:
Chebermech wrote:Please read the whole thing, its self explanatory. If you need translation it's planned for later.

This doesn't answer my question. I asked what is the logic behind using gold/silver as a coin material

probably because it's harder to produce than simple cast iron or tin coins so just abusing them such as Dis has done in previous markets are more costly, then you can also melt coins back into bars i believe so traders can reuse them in their own production possible (if that's still a mechanic).
dafels wrote:I like to be under Frosty's command.

Any Questions about the game or anything, hit me up on skype: deadlytroll1 Or you can find me in the hedgehug realm chat on discord.
W7: Hermit
W8: Peaceful Farmer of F&I
W9: Peaceful Farmer of F&I
W10: deserter-Peaceful Farmer of F&I
infectedking

Postby Glorthan » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:40 pm

The reason is otherwise they wouldn't get their 10% (iirc) cut for people buying into their currency.
Glorthan

Postby Wapau » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:02 pm

Glorthan wrote:The reason is otherwise they wouldn't get their 10% (iirc) cut for people buying into their currency.

Tax seems fair and their coins represent real value. Even if they'd try to overflood market with their currency, noone would really be harmed, becouse those coins can be smelted back into bars. Just like in real world, money aside from number written on it needs to represent any value
Wapau

Postby Kaios » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:15 pm

APXEOLOG wrote:This doesn't answer my question. I asked what is the logic behind using gold/silver as a coin material

I think it's pretty good system. How does the Dis market work? Pretty sure it's similar or exactly the same but nobody knows because your useless thread is entirely devoid of pictures and information. Well that's not completely true, at least you have pics from last world's market!
Kaios

Postby APXEOLOG » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:35 pm

Wow, so many dis haters came here, sadly noone brought logic.

I asked this question because it would be an interesting idea to make currency that is equal to the price of raw material. It will lead to the possibility for everyone to make silver/gold unsigned coins and exchange them for goods, without supervisor.
But according to the first post, this is not the case. Still waiting for the response...
W10 Meme Plot | W9 Mantis Garden | W8 Core | W7 Ofir | W6 the City of Dis | W5 Vitterstad | W4 A.D. | W3 Mirniy
jorb wrote:All your characters will be deleted, and I will level every village any one of them were ever members of.
APXEOLOG

Postby springyb » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:29 pm

APXEOLOG wrote:Wow, so many dis haters came here, sadly noone brought logic.

I asked this question because it would be an interesting idea to make currency that is equal to the price of raw material. It will lead to the possibility for everyone to make silver/gold unsigned coins and exchange them for goods, without supervisor.
But according to the first post, this is not the case. Still waiting for the response...

Just read the original post again while applying the "logic" you're asking for.
springyb

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:39 am

I moved a few posts from here to Hel because they're starting to derail into a squabble. Apxeolog has a valid question, I think, and deserves a reasonable answer.* A few of the replies either don't answer the question or just chit chat, but moving towards derailing it. Try to stay on topic, folks.

*I think, as pointed out, the answer is there, but I think the answer may be laid out better. I'm not the one asking the question or that created the system, so can't say for sure what either side is thinking.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Orphic » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:50 am

APXEOLOG wrote:Wow, so many dis haters came here, sadly noone brought logic.

you can smelt gold/silver coins back to bars and use them if you dont need the coins, and have gold and silver (that have value). about why to use coin system Image
Orphic

Postby ven » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:18 am

MagicManICT wrote:Apxeolog has a valid question, I think, and deserves a reasonable answer.

For the sake of fairness, if it's a debate or a detailed response he wants maybe it's best if he asked that in ICA as is the rule for the Samarkand thread.
Venator
ven

PreviousNext

Return to Apples For Oranges