Release Postponement: Eternal Alpha, Aug. 28th 2015

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Release Postponement: Eternal Alpha, Aug. 28th 2015

Postby earllohst » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:20 pm

Might want to postpone a bit longer so you guys don't have to rush it, we waited for months so several weeks ain't gonna change much in difference. Good luck!!
earllohst

Postby overtyped » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:11 pm

earllohst wrote:Might want to postpone a bit longer so you guys don't have to rush it, we waited for months so several weeks ain't gonna change much in difference. Good luck!!

ban?
Bob Dole, world first Whale Killer! viewtopic.php?f=80&t=75087
overtyped

Postby MightySheep » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:36 pm

earllohst wrote:Might want to postpone a bit longer so you guys don't have to rush it, we waited for months so several weeks ain't gonna change much in difference. Good luck!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF5Dtf7u6tQ
MightySheep

Postby HarryDresden » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:13 pm

overtyped wrote:

ban?

Flogged. Tarred and feathered. Beaten within an inch of his worthless life. Left in a Dick Shaped Palisade and fed only bark bread.
Yes, I am a Wizard.
loftar wrote: bear fruit is not something I can predict,.

Beborn Beton wrote: "Don't Worry, They Won't Find My Body, I Want You To Know I Found Peace In Another World."
HarryDresden

Postby Denkar » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:19 pm

TeckXKnight wrote:
loftar wrote:We actually implemented road-travel just the other day. So far it's very similar to what Potjeh initially proposed, in that milestones simply give you the option to fast-travel to the other end of the road, given that there are no obstacles on the way. If there are, you'll be stopped there.

Where is "there" exactly? Because if you stop right next to the "obstacle" then there's no way of avoiding getting ambushed. I propose making it so you stop a screen away, so you can't see exactly why you stopped, and the people blocking it (if it's people that are blocking it) can't see if someone's there either. Then it's up to you, whether you want to continue walking there and risk it or take an alternate path.
Denkar

Postby painhertz » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:22 pm

Pickard wrote:There is too much painherz per square foot of the screen.
Who else has the same feeling?

There's those crickets again......
"I shall PERSONALLY witness for you at the shiny, chrome gates of Valhalla!"
painhertz

Postby TeckXKnight » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:44 pm

Denkar wrote:Where is "there" exactly? Because if you stop right next to the "obstacle" then there's no way of avoiding getting ambushed. I propose making it so you stop a screen away, so you can't see exactly why you stopped, and the people blocking it (if it's people that are blocking it) can't see if someone's there either. Then it's up to you, whether you want to continue walking there and risk it or take an alternate path.

Yes, this has been discussed before. Some decision was likely come to but we don't know what it was or if it was a final decision or if it was the only decision implemented. Will you be teleported directly to the obstacle, a bit away from the obstacle, just past the obstacle? We'll have to wait for Hafen to launch so we can find the answer. =)
TeckXKnight

Postby donatas » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:01 am

Now the trailer at the front page is a lie.
donatas

Postby overtyped » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:05 am

Lunarius_Haberdash wrote:
TeckXKnight wrote:While the eventual goal is for a world that won't ever need to be wiped or reset,

I find this a terribly sad prospect, and with the quality grind being what it is I can't see how this would be sustainable long term. There reaches a point where there's no point in continuing to grind quality, and a fresh start is needed.

Either that, or we need things to decay whether they're on a claim or not. Or at least to have both city and personal claims automatically decay without having to be 'destroyed'. I know this is how it works for city claims, but personal claims need to join that list. At least we can destroy them now. (Though why it requires a high strength is beyond me)

What the hell are you saying? Once we get our carrots to 1000Q, we just go for 2000Q.
The grind never ends! :!:

I agree that claims are a bit difficult to destroy, it would be nice for stakes to decay.
Bob Dole, world first Whale Killer! viewtopic.php?f=80&t=75087
overtyped

Postby Cece » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:07 am

the game needs more variety of foods you can cook in early game.

chicken on a stick, bbq stick, frog on a stick, barbequed chicken (if there isn't one yet, we have a oven after all)
Cece

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements