Secrets of The Hearth

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Secrets of The Hearth

Postby Jackard » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:24 pm

Rhiannon wrote:
Delamore wrote:So theft (An important part of the game as the devs have made clear) is the same as botting and exploiting?
And all sandbox games are doomed to failure? Does this include ATITD that fosters conflict between players yet is pay only and has had more players paying every reset?
You are a cry baby, you are the reason griefers exist so you will cry.

Funny I thought griefers existed because they didn't have the balls to be assholes in real life so they comenstate for their limp little dicks by being bullys in a game and specifically look for places where it is encouraged like a crack whore looking for cheap 2 dollar dealer. At least that is what they taught us in Pyschology class (Of course they didn't use those words but I figured you'd understand those more than all the technical ones.)

As for ATITD, it blows but everyone has their opinion. Also it is not a sandbox because it has resets and is NOT an intended open-ended, emergent or perpetual gameplay model. it has clear and defined end-game goals. As for the game itself, when they introduced Levels to the game that bit it and there's actually a hell of alot more bitching about ATITD than this one. As for numbers, this forum has 4 times the topics and posts that the ATITD forum does. As for griefing there, tell it to the Demi-Pharoah, going too far in ATITD can get your ass banned unlike here because they DON'T foster "violent or destructive Conflict" they foster competition to achieve goals between players in rivalry...NOT burning down their houses and murdering them.

Quotes from ATITD mantra/game objectives "ATITD involves no killing, turning instead to an economic focus", "A Tale in the Desert is rare among MMORPGs in that it lacks combat. Instead, a variety of social activities provide for the basis of most interaction in the game. Soloing players may choose to focus on a wide range of options, both personal and regional; however, most players choose a more social outlook, and participate in politics, research, and social advancement. To support this, the game's main focuses are building, community, and research."

But all that's jargon opinion anyway, H&H is one of the most unique games I've ever seen, why would you or anyone else want it to be anything but that. If Ya want to play ATITD go play it, or any other cookie cutter mmo. Just because some people want to play a sandbox differently than you play that sandbox doesnt make them"cry babys" it just means, why don't you go play with those who want to play with you intstead of ramming your flaccidness down the throats of those who don't wanna play with you.

Using ATITD as example of why griefing and violence is what would/should make H&H successful is like so way out crazy wrong it's not even funny. As ATITD is praised all over google by it's fans for it's LACK of the very things you mention that should be so praised here!

I know, because I played Telling 2 and quit in telling 3 when they brought in levels. (also for awhile during the black lung event).

Jackard

Postby Alamarian » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:35 pm

Neruz wrote:Real Life is filled with Griefers too, men like Julius Ceasar, Genghis Khan and Attila the Hun are examples of real life Griefers who got hold of enough power to do something big.

Let's get our definitions straight before we start drawing parallels between myg0t and Attila the Hun. Griefers cause people problems simply to fuck with them. If our nations are at war and I steal all your cheese, that's just war. Griefing is peeing in someone's cheerios just because you think it's funny. Knocking over newbies who pose no threat to you and have nothing you want, just to mess with them. That's griefing. While all those men might have done this from time to time, it wasn't their modus operandi. Not even Al-Qaeda does this; they have a clear goal, which they hope to achieve by using terrorism. Al-Qaeda doesn't kick over sand castles just for fun.

"Real life griefing" isn't very viable, because the consequences are much more dire and the reward is small. The worst consequence most online griefers face is a ban. They can go grief on another game, create a phony account, etc.
"The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd."
Alamarian

Postby juhubert » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:01 pm

jorb wrote:
Avu wrote:Many middle eastern people would call americans griefers too. There are two kinds of people that do grieffing the terrorists and the tyrants. The terrorists got nothing to lose and there is none that can stop the tyrants. HH has a bigger tyrant problem than a terrorist one.

Son, if you can't stand behind our troops, then maybe you should stand in front of them?

Ehrm... I mean... carry on.

well, as having spent some time in the middle east, i have to agree to avu. and i know that many of them see the troops just as griefing instrument, most of them see the government or president as griefer, what in my oppinion is the right angle of view. because troops are only an instrument to enforce ones politic. especially one, who in 99,95% of our times sits in a well climated office and is at ease to send people into death and despair with just a note to (mostly) his voluptous secretary.

and for that troops jorb - i thought, you weren`t an american citicen?

and yes, i already stood in front ^^
Wanderer through worlds and ages
juhubert

Postby Chakravanti » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:37 pm

juhubert wrote:
jorb wrote:
Avu wrote:Many middle eastern people would call americans griefers too. There are two kinds of people that do grieffing the terrorists and the tyrants. The terrorists got nothing to lose and there is none that can stop the tyrants. HH has a bigger tyrant problem than a terrorist one.

Son, if you can't stand behind our troops, then maybe you should stand in front of them?

Ehrm... I mean... carry on.

well, as having spent some time in the middle east, i have to agree to avu. and i know that many of them see the troops just as griefing instrument, most of them see the government or president as griefer, what in my oppinion is the right angle of view. because troops are only an instrument to enforce ones politic. especially one, who in 99,95% of our times sits in a well climated office and is at ease to send people into death and despair with just a note to (mostly) his voluptous secretary.

and for that troops jorb - i thought, you weren`t an american citicen?

and yes, i already stood in front ^^

Avu is right. One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. Nao makes what is a rather stereotypical strawman argument about supporting the war=supporting the troops=patriotic. When in fact none of these things have jack shit to do with each other.

These forums are certainly not the place to go over hundreds or even thousands of years of the history of the most expensive piece of real estate on the planet.

I promise that if you think it is this will quickly degrade into asinine conspiracy theories (legit or not is irrelevant), bigoted statements of valor, and other forms of general ignorance. The truth is out there but absolutely nothing you say on these forums will change a goddamn thing.

Anyway, back on topic...or not...
Well what is this that I can't see
With ice cold hands takin' hold of me
Well I am death, none can excel
-Ralph Stanley, O Death!
Chakravanti

Postby Haba » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:58 pm

Haba

Postby jorb » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:27 am

So, guess who just got p*wned by the mine owner? :lol:

EDIT: I cheated a bit to show who's boss, but it's game over with this one. :)
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby burgingham » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:32 am

Lol now we have every right to call you a cheater....cheater
burgingham

Postby jorb » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:33 am

Haha, yeah. I cheated.

Let this be a lesson, kids: Crime does not pay. Unless you're Wayneville. :)
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby warrri » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:35 am

Spagettimonster :lol:
The world I love The tears I drop To be part of The wave can't stop
Ever wonder if it's all for you
The world I love The trains I hop To be part of The wave can't stop
Come and tell me when it's time to
warrri

Postby Alamarian » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:50 am

The DM cannot cheat. Even when he drops fireballs on your party. As cast by a level 30 Wizard. Carrying AIDS.
"The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd."
Alamarian

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements