Game Development: Nothing Major

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Nothing Major

Postby Potjeh » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:48 am

Silly me, complaining before checking my own village. Thanks, and good job on that bit of foresight.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby Spiff » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:02 pm

poltifar wrote:Oh my. We just started getting over the prejudice towards goons, and now 4chan? Delamore, you better hold them in check.

Goons aren't bros and bros aren't goons. Delamore isn't their leader and can't really "hold them in check" any more than you can.
Spiff

Postby Junkfist2 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:40 pm

The new crops are starting to sprout.

One looks like it's either onions or leeks and the other looks like...mushrooms?
Junkfist2

Postby Pacho » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:44 pm

I can confirm that palisades still can't be built against one of the sides of the ridge. My wall still leaks =[
Pacho

Postby Jackard » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:46 pm

palisades still have gap
“A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.”
Jackard

Postby loftar » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:32 pm

Pacho wrote:I can confirm that palisades still can't be built against one of the sides of the ridge. My wall still leaks =[

The problem wasn't there matching against ridges, however; the problem was that they couldn't be built alongside the other kinds of walls (fences or brick-walls). None of them can be built firmly against ridges in all cases, but that is because the ridges aren't perfectly tiled. It is not obvious whether that is something we intend to fix. It could be argued that we should, but there are, likewise, arguments against.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Colbear » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:28 pm

loftar wrote:I was planning to do something like that, but as you know, the world is -- though not yet infinite -- not entirely small. I'd have to add quite a lot for anyone to have any reasonable chance to find any. To avoid complete grief-death of the new plants, though, I did add some in Bottleneck and in Laketown. (Other villages may thing it a bit unfair, but Bottleneck and Laketown are simple the only two villages whose coordinates I know off-hand)

Can we have some too, pretty please, if you end up restarting the server for something or other? :3

We're over here: http://www.maplib.net/map.php?id=5732&marker=23746
Colbear

Postby Delamore » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:29 pm

poltifar wrote:
jorb wrote:Edit: Oh, and we've gotten ~200 new registrants tonight. Welcome 4chan.

Oh my. We just started getting over the prejudice towards goons, and now 4chan? Delamore, you better hold them in check.

Are you already disliking them even though they have done nothing? Sounds like a great plan for game growth.
Delamore

Postby kobnach » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:12 pm

Delamore wrote:Are you already disliking them even though they have done nothing? Sounds like a great plan for game growth.

I'm not disliking anyone individually. The new player I met this morning was quite nice, and is likely to be invited to join our village. But - until the map reset the world is already far too crowded, and we're having problems with resource shortages. 200 players at once - many of them making the usual newbie mistakes - and then wanting to build houses, lay out claims, etc. - we're going to be awfully short on trees and even animals, and finding a live cow (for butter) is going to be amazingly difficult, just as soon as we have 200 people wanting to eat something other than fish, and just barely able to kill cows. (I somehow fear that many won't be farming - too difficult to keep your fields functional in a crowded environment, at least until yeomanry, as others will harvest one's crops, and may or may not replant them.)

Hopefully I'm being pessimistic, and we'll have to wait and see - but I'm blessing my palisade every morning, as allowing me to be sure of basics like wheat, never mind valuables.
kobnach

Postby Peter » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:21 pm

Leeks? Onions? Maybe potatoes? They certainly aren't harvestable yet.
And my lunch breaks almost over.

Someone in bottleneck save me a couple seeds of each if they grow up in the next few hours. I'll pay in cast or steel.
Surprise.
Peter

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements