Game Development: World 4

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: World 4

Postby Gedrean » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:44 am

That guide is FANTASTIC. Thank you. I am copying that. It does explain the whole fence statistics at least in this world.
Zampfeo wrote:(On the topic of Open Spaces in W4)
You won't be saying that in a week or two when you realize how many abandoned homes there are. A 30 second boat ride south of my village literally bring you to the ghetto. There's abandoned claims everywhere with the occasional newb taking things and raiders patrolling. It reminds me of Detroit.
Gedrean

Postby g1real » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:29 am

I believe no animal destroys fences while retreating.
Bears, deer and boars destroy boats, fences, drying racks (T_T) and corpses.

Also a few notes:

- Deer have very low HP, and can easily be burst down with 2 arrows if you have 35+ marksman (50 marksman makes this quite easy). This technique is a lot easier and faster then trying to punch them down, but more luck dependent.
- You can trap deer while you're in combat with them if you just play it smart and wait for his movement tick to go off, then just run up and place a signpost fast, repeat this if hes on a corner and you already have him trapped.
- You can alter the routes of boars fleeing by just going ahead of them, this puts less a strain and time waste on dragging them back to your boat.
- Bears run away and come back as soon as they're in "leaving combat" range. I'm not sure if this resets the LP on them (it didn't deaggro me, but I got like 6611~ LP for killing the latest one using this).
loftar: The inner chaos of the Jorbian mind is hard to conceal. :)
jorb: It's called creative license. You know, that thing you seem to want to apply to logic, grammar and coherence? :)
g1real

Postby chris1122 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:31 am

Did they remove the move flex? Cause i have all the fighting skills and i still dont have it. Do i need rage or somthing?
chris1122

Postby flaw » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:43 am

chris1122 wrote:Did they remove the move flex? Cause i have all the fighting skills and i still dont have it. Do i need rage or somthing?

No, I have it and I don't have rage. Are you sure you have Warrior Spirit?
flaw

Postby chris1122 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:44 am

thats the one i dont have. i forgot how to get it
chris1122

Postby sabinati » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:56 am

sabinati

Postby Gedrean » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:49 am

On the topic of hurting animals, I've noticed that animals take SHP and HHP when I'm hunting them. However, I seem to recall it being made clear, animals don't have SHP. So, how does animal damage work? Is it that both the numbers just translate into animal HPs that I've hurt them for? Or is it that HHP damage is "more important" than the SHP damage? So if I hit an animal for 30 SHP and 8 HHP, is that 38 total HP I've done to it, or how does it work?
You won't be saying that in a week or two when you realize how many abandoned homes there are. A 30 second boat ride south of my village literally bring you to the ghetto. There's abandoned claims everywhere with the occasional newb taking things and raiders patrolling. It reminds me of Detroit.
Gedrean

Postby DigDog » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:00 am

Gedrean wrote:On the topic of hurting animals, I've noticed that animals take SHP and HHP when I'm hunting them. However, I seem to recall it being made clear, animals don't have SHP. So, how does animal damage work? Is it that both the numbers just translate into animal HPs that I've hurt them for? Or is it that HHP damage is "more important" than the SHP damage? So if I hit an animal for 30 SHP and 8 HHP, is that 38 total HP I've done to it, or how does it work?

IIRC they have no HHP. Which means only the SHP damage counts.
burgingham wrote:You call that beer?
DigDog

Postby Gedrean » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:33 pm

DigDog wrote:
Gedrean wrote:On the topic of hurting animals, I've noticed that animals take SHP and HHP when I'm hunting them. However, I seem to recall it being made clear, animals don't have SHP. So, how does animal damage work? Is it that both the numbers just translate into animal HPs that I've hurt them for? Or is it that HHP damage is "more important" than the SHP damage? So if I hit an animal for 30 SHP and 8 HHP, is that 38 total HP I've done to it, or how does it work?

IIRC they have no HHP. Which means only the SHP damage counts.

Oh Good! Cuz that's SIGNIFICANTLY higher than the HPP damage I've done, and I'd been worried all those times I hit only SHP I wasn't hurting it. Now to murder Bambi. (Ever notice when an animal dies its nose is red? The deer look like Rudolph!)
Gedrean

Postby DigDog » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:46 pm

Gedrean wrote:(Ever notice when an animal dies its nose is red? The deer look like Rudolph!)

That's the tongue.
burgingham wrote:You call that beer?
DigDog

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements