Release Postponement: Eternal Alpha, Aug. 28th 2015

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Release Postponement: Eternal Alpha, Aug. 28th 2015

Postby Clemence » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:40 pm

No need to be rude, the point is that if having a cosmetic make you a target to griefers, there will be less incentive to give money for the devs.
Clemence

Postby sabinati » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:40 pm

jordancoles wrote:
sabinati wrote:i for one would buy tons of paint & dye if it allows me to make custom banners and tabards, different colored clothes, tablecloths, napkins, etc.

Animal Crossing has a great system for custom clothing designs

It basically lets you do pixel art and then it will print the design you've made onto clothing, umbrellas, etc

This same system could work really well for designing our own village banners and whatnot

Honestly it would be crude dick drawings on every banner
sabinati

Postby sabinati » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:42 pm

Clemence wrote:No need to be rude, the point is that if having a cosmetic make you a target to griefers, there will be less incentive to give money for the devs.

lol, like anyone is going to be any less likely to kill you?
sabinati

Postby Maiden » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:43 pm

Lunarius_Haberdash wrote:
Maiden wrote:The entire point of monetization is that you make it so the majority wants to pay for it, not because you're a fucking masochist and want jnl to get your rocks off by paying you pay $5 every time you die, which will be a lot because you're such a huge fucking faggot

This wouldn't prevent people from wanting to pay for it, also I know that my big faggoty ways makes your catamite hole get wet with anticipation, but I only fuck inside the species, thanks. However, there's a common ancestor of man that might be more on your level.

It's not about what you want, it's about what would encourage the most people to pull out their wallets. And while, granted, I have to admit that anyone willing to play Haven has masochistic tenancies, it's always a sure bet that more players are carebears than hardcore BDSM addicts
Maiden

Postby RubyRed » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:44 pm

For many the crime they kill you for is just being in the game, does not matter how much shiny stuff you have.
RubyRed

Postby Dahka » Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:45 pm

I'm personally hoping for some experimentation with payment model, I like jorb and loftar way of thinking outside traditional methods for mechanics.
My suggestion (completely unthought through) would be something like a monthly or bi-weekly auction of item skins, in which some might be more common and other will only be sold only once. It would give characters something to be recognized for, no gameplay advantages and some people would pay crazy money for it. Of course in the spirit of keeping thing in Haven style, those items can be stolen or destroyed, imagine how fun it would be to destroy your arch enemy symbolic golden dragon helm in a raid or steal his Excalibur sword and hang it in front of your village.
Anyhow, I have faith that jorb and loftar will get this right without ruining H&H, I suggest you guys do too.
Dahka

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:32 pm

RubyRed wrote:For many they kill you for just being in the game, does not matter how much shiny stuff you have.

Fixed
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby Nikixos » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:37 pm

Clemence wrote:No need to be rude, the point is that if having a cosmetic make you a target to griefers, there will be less incentive to give money for the devs.

That is how Salem works and they make a lot of money monthly. I know because they give out special capes every 3 months to people who pay more than $40 usd in store items, and you notice a lot of those capes for sale in the stalls http://forum.salemthegame.com/viewtopic ... 27&t=12006
Nikixos

Postby Ballbarius » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:56 pm

Dahka wrote:I'm personally hoping for some experimentation with payment model, I like jorb and loftar way of thinking outside traditional methods for mechanics.
My suggestion (completely unthought through) would be something like a monthly or bi-weekly auction of item skins, in which some might be more common and other will only be sold only once. It would give characters something to be recognized for, no gameplay advantages and some people would pay crazy money for it. Of course in the spirit of keeping thing in Haven style, those items can be stolen or destroyed, imagine how fun it would be to destroy your arch enemy symbolic golden dragon helm in a raid or steal his Excalibur sword and hang it in front of your village.
Anyhow, I have faith that jorb and loftar will get this right without ruining H&H, I suggest you guys do too.

YES! Like the auction system in The Castle Docrine where you could buy paintings! I would love to fill my house with various paintings and pixel art. That might also add alot of value to the thieving perk (My favorite haven skill). Emptying someones village is fun, but being an art thief is a few steps up :D
Ballbarius

Postby DDDsDD999 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:05 pm

sabinati wrote:Honestly it would be crude dick drawings on every banner
[/quote]
You say that like it's a bad thing.
DDDsDD999

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements