Lesser update: Barter stand

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Lesser update: Barter stand

Postby Onionfighter » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:11 am

loftar wrote:FWIW, I have now also extended the barter stands with item overlays, like the feasting tables, so that you can see from afar what is on them.

This is quite cool. Could it be applied to the vending stands as well?
Cheerleader
Onionfighter

Postby Granger » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:51 am

loftar wrote:FWIW, I have now also extended the barter stands with item overlays, like the feasting tables, so that you can see from afar what is on them.

Could you do the same with the cupboards, simply show the item in the top-left slot in it above it?
It would surely lessen server load when people wouldn't have to dig through that many of them to find the stuff they are looking for...

Example: Image
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby DatOneGuy » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:25 am

Granger wrote:

Could you do the same with the cupboards, simply show the item in the top-left slot in it above it?
It would surely lessen server load when people wouldn't have to dig through that many of them to find the stuff they are looking for...

While this would be cool, not tossing random shit wherever and actually having cupboards for specific things means there's no need for this.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Hi. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
DatOneGuy

Postby jorb » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:39 am

Might work. Idk.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby DatOneGuy » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:22 pm

jorb wrote:Image

Might work. Idk.

I like the little dangling sign, also easy to tell apart, do like.

Something I noticed while browsing through the different signs, there are very few, and they seem to be mostly food oriented. Seeing more of those for general categories would be nice. Not saying there should be one for 'Water or things in buckets' per se, but something like one for string/cloths, metal bars (a biggie now that people will do this directly instead of coins), perhaps 'clay products', some for things sold often would be cool too (chants, bulbs, bricks).

Edit: Not sure how big a deal it is to make those, maybe that's why there are so few?
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Hi. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
DatOneGuy

Postby Jackard » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:38 pm

DatOneGuy wrote:Edit: Not sure how big a deal it is to make those, maybe that's why there are so few?

not only are coins relatively unused, but q10 vendor stands only have a few slots for items
“A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.”
Jackard

Postby Potjeh » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:14 pm

loftar wrote:
Onionfighter wrote:It also looks like people won't be able to see how many coins I am offering.

Yes, coins are (in the stand's current implementation, though that can be fixed) less than optimal since their tooltip doesn't display. You may want to use nuggets instead.

Please fix ASAP. Coins offer the best possible resolution, and they just feel right. Also, fix bottles, jars etc.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby warrri » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:44 pm

Granger wrote:

Yea, like in irl where you can x-ray see through your cupboards to see whats inside instead of having to remember what was inside a specifical cupboard. Image
The world I love The tears I drop To be part of The wave can't stop
Ever wonder if it's all for you
The world I love The trains I hop To be part of The wave can't stop
Come and tell me when it's time to
warrri

Postby Granger » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:58 pm

warrri wrote:Yea, like in irl where you can x-ray see through your cupboards to see whats inside instead of having to remember what was inside a specifical cupboard.

With the same argument you could say that we need to remove (among others) display of animal level, names and quality of all items, the numbers from the stats page, etc. Additional there would be a need for correct lign-of-sight (so no longer looking through walls), and finally toilets.

Last time i checked H&H was a game, definition of this is something to waste time on while having fun.

But where is the point in playing a game when it's identical to Outside® ?
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby stickman » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:50 pm

Looks like trees now sprount by themselves. potjeh pointed it out by i didn't beleive him. now that i have been hunting... trees are definatly replanting themselves... and they dont appear to be sprouting from stumps either because they are growing in some wierd places.
stickman

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements