Game Development: Stop. It's Hammertime.

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Stop. It's Hammertime.

Postby burgingham » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:54 pm

:shock:

I learn something new about this game everyday...
burgingham

Postby rozn » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:22 am

burgingham wrote::shock:

I learn something new about this game everyday...

:lol:
Certainly, in taking revenge, a man is but even with his enemy; but in passing it over, he is superior; for it is a prince’s part to pardon. - A wise friend.
rozn

Postby jgudge » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:59 am

rozn wrote:FYI string is plant fibers, nettle, spindly taproot, leather strap, and yarn.

OH MAH FAWKIN GAWD!?!?!!(*&#PFJHQDLKFDF

I TOTALLY FORGOT NETTLES WERE STRING MATERIAL...

I've been scrounging for taproots because i'm using my plant fibres for linen. Q.Q
George Carlin wrote:The real reason that we can’t have the Ten Commandments in a courthouse: You cannot post “Thou shalt not steal,” “Thou shalt not commit adultery,” and “Thou shalt not lie” in a building full of lawyers, judges, and politicians. It creates a hostile work environment.
jgudge

Postby rozn » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:04 am

jgudge wrote:
rozn wrote:FYI string is plant fibers, nettle, spindly taproot, leather strap, and yarn.

OH MAH FAWKIN GAWD!?!?!!(*&#PFJHQDLKFDF

I TOTALLY FORGOT NETTLES WERE STRING MATERIAL...

I've been scrounging for taproots because i'm using my plant fibres for linen. Q.Q

you welcome :)
Certainly, in taking revenge, a man is but even with his enemy; but in passing it over, he is superior; for it is a prince’s part to pardon. - A wise friend.
rozn

Postby SevenBlade » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:45 am

Alright, got a pally up.

I think either it should be re-buffed to how it was or have the number of required materials reduced. The same as it is now and any old jackass with a sledge hammer can break into my fort by himself, and while I know I'll get the "Lol realisim police" I don't think one man should be able to destroy a wall of fucking logs.
SevenBlade

Postby sabinati » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:08 am

yeah any old jackass with 484+ str...

it's a far more convincing argument that the requirements to break a palisade with a ram are too low (1 guy with 36+ str or 2 guys with 10+ str lol)
sabinati

Postby jgudge » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:53 am

sabinati wrote:yeah any old jackass with 484+ str...

it's a far more convincing argument that the requirements to break a palisade with a ram are too low (1 guy with 36+ str or 2 guys with 10+ str lol)

Agreed, but anybody who logs on within the glue setting time can smash a ram, i hear they don't move too far before breaking down, so keep a perimeter.
George Carlin wrote:The real reason that we can’t have the Ten Commandments in a courthouse: You cannot post “Thou shalt not steal,” “Thou shalt not commit adultery,” and “Thou shalt not lie” in a building full of lawyers, judges, and politicians. It creates a hostile work environment.
jgudge

Postby sabinati » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:00 am

yeah kinda sucks that it's only an 8 hour window though, i mean it's great for the attackers, but with time zones and such it's entirely possible that the ram will be built and dried while you're asleep/at school/at work. more incentive for brick walls i guess.
sabinati

Postby jgudge » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:15 am

sabinati wrote:yeah kinda sucks that it's only an 8 hour window though

Agreed, but it's also kinda motivation to check up on your dudes when you can. Of course there's the no life'ers who are on all the time, but what can you do. It's a casualty of addiction.
more incentive for brick walls i guess

Also agreed, but for some people that live in the mainland, that's just impractical. The only real way to get wrought is through trade or moving as far out as you can. I'm gonna gripe a bit here by saying that i live in a place that has no mine for a LONG time. AND the only mine that i could find was already owned, and is claimed by someone who's obviously stopped playing a while ago. I'm talking natural degrade of palisade, and the town claim is drained. I don't know, i think that a few more mines clustered more closely in the center of the map would make the fight for the mines more intense. People would gather together, and it would be a kind of "reinforce rather than spread out" style of tactics. You could own 5 mines, but you lose 3 because you didn't reinforce them all. But like i said, it's just a metal deprived man's griping. 40 LITRES OF RUSTROOT FTW!!!
jgudge

Postby Oddity » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:41 am

jgudge wrote:AND the only mine that i could find was already owned, and is claimed by someone who's obviously stopped playing a while ago. I'm talking natural degrade of palisade, and the town claim is drained.

So why haven't you taken it yet? Snatch that shit up before someone else does.
jadamkaz wrote:ah i remember my run in with odditown they are good ppl im sure the only reason they killed ME is because they are troll hunters and i was a troll
Oddity

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements