Release Postponement: Eternal Alpha, Aug. 28th 2015

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Release Postponement: Eternal Alpha, Aug. 28th 2015

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:57 am

Justin_Nevermind wrote:I know, this scenario might be a bit too extreme, but when it comes to pvp you know every bit of seconds count. Anything that prevents you playing/reacting while playing is a big no-no in games where if you die, you die.

I'm betting there are ways to prevent this kind of madness with the use of a CAPTCHA, because other than the scenario you put forth this sounds like a fantastic idea.
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby loftar » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:10 am

Oddity wrote:They estimate it might start around 4-5 PM UTC+2.

No, we might start around 4-5 PM UTC+2, with setting it up. It'll likely take a couple of hours. :)

As for customizable village banners and the like, it's fairly high on our list, but it's not going to be there at launch.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby ydex » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:25 am

on the captha note. If u dont get banned or whatever until u missed five and there is one in say every 20-1h at random that give u a 20x5 minium time between em, and a chase that take 1.40h isnt that usual and even in those there is time to do ONE captcha.

if captcha then is kept in a small box down in the left UI place somewhere and stays there for like 15 min then it will be np at all to do in chases etc. wont be in way and will have plenty of time for it. ez
Last edited by ydex on Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
bold
ydex

Postby painhertz » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:27 am

ydex wrote:on the captha note. If u dont get banned or whatever until u missed five and there is one in say every 20-1h at random that give u a 20x5 minium time between em, and a chase that take 1.40h isnt that usual and even in those there is time to do ONE captcha.

if captcha then i keept in a small box down in the left UI place somewhere and stays there for like 15 min then it will be np at all to do in chases etc. wont be in way and will have plenty of time for it. ez

Could you try that statement again but in English this time? WITIDE
"I shall PERSONALLY witness for you at the shiny, chrome gates of Valhalla!"
painhertz

Postby ydex » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:28 am

painhertz wrote:
ydex wrote:on the captha note. If u dont get banned or whatever until u missed five and there is one in say every 20-1h at random that give u a 20x5 minium time between em, and a chase that take 1.40h isnt that usual and even in those there is time to do ONE captcha.

if captcha then i keept in a small box down in the left UI place somewhere and stays there for like 15 min then it will be np at all to do in chases etc. wont be in way and will have plenty of time for it. ez

Could you try that statement again but in English this time? WITIDE

lol fixed some spelling, read again and if u still dont get it. get a clue ;)
bold
ydex

Postby Denkar » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:30 am

Justin_Nevermind wrote:Putting something like Captchas in a game like H&H would be THE END of it. No one would play. Think about what you're saying. You're out and about, maybe you're hunting a bear or something. Maybe you're using your bow and arrow because you're not confident you can tank a bear. All of a sudden, while you're shooting at the bear, you get an annoying popup, you write whatever it says, and the bear is suddenly up in your grill, eating your face. BAM. Make a new character please. All because of a Captcha YOU wanted in the game.

I know, this scenario might be a bit too extreme, but when it comes to pvp you know every bit of seconds count. Anything that prevents you playing/reacting while playing is a big no-no in games where if you die, you die.

Not that I'm in support of captcha... but your scenario would be easily solved by disabling captcha requests during combat. It wouldn't even necessarily interrupt you, for example if it appeared in a corner of the screen and you had say 5 minutes to fill it out.
Denkar

Postby overtyped » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:46 am

Denkar wrote:
Justin_Nevermind wrote:Putting something like Captchas in a game like H&H would be THE END of it. No one would play. Think about what you're saying. You're out and about, maybe you're hunting a bear or something. Maybe you're using your bow and arrow because you're not confident you can tank a bear. All of a sudden, while you're shooting at the bear, you get an annoying popup, you write whatever it says, and the bear is suddenly up in your grill, eating your face. BAM. Make a new character please. All because of a Captcha YOU wanted in the game.

I know, this scenario might be a bit too extreme, but when it comes to pvp you know every bit of seconds count. Anything that prevents you playing/reacting while playing is a big no-no in games where if you die, you die.

Not that I'm in support of captcha... but your scenario would be easily solved by disabling captcha requests during combat. It wouldn't even necessarily interrupt you, for example if it appeared in a corner of the screen and you had say 5 minutes to fill it out.

What if you are semi afk doing chores? the idea doesn't work.
Bob Dole, world first Whale Killer! viewtopic.php?f=80&t=75087
overtyped

Postby Chiprel » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:48 am

loftar wrote:
Oddity wrote:They estimate it might start around 4-5 PM UTC+2.

No, we might start around 4-5 PM UTC+2, with setting it up. It'll likely take a couple of hours. :)

As for customizable village banners and the like, it's fairly high on our list, but it's not going to be there at launch.

I'm assuming that setting it up means mapgen mostly. Do you remember how long salem map generation took? So we can adjust our sleeping patterns accordingly ;)

edit: Is :cam sucky a thing in hafen?

As for you "GIEF US CAPTCHA it solves errything!!1oen" guys.
Just an example.
http://scraping.pro/8-best-captcha-solv ... and-tools/
Last edited by Chiprel on Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chiprel

Postby juandex » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:49 am

Soo the game is ON? link? come on I want to play NOW bitch. :evil:
juandex

Postby painhertz » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:57 am

juandex wrote:Soo the game is ON? link? come on I want to play NOW bitch. :evil:

Friday. You ain't got no job, you ain't got nothing to do, Jorbtor gonna get you HIGH!
"I shall PERSONALLY witness for you at the shiny, chrome gates of Valhalla!"
painhertz

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements