Bugfixes: Banners & Familiars

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Bugfixes: Banners & Familiars

Postby loftar » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:07 pm

borka wrote:http://www.mudstats.com/World/RealmsofDespair

Realms of Despair wrote:runs on a dedicated PII server with 256 Megs of RAM

:')
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby APXEOLOG » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:27 pm

Update :shock:
W10 Meme Plot | W9 Mantis Garden | W8 Core | W7 Ofir | W6 the City of Dis | W5 Vitterstad | W4 A.D. | W3 Mirniy
jorb wrote:All your characters will be deleted, and I will level every village any one of them were ever members of.
APXEOLOG

Postby Aokigahara » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:55 pm

loftar wrote:
Aokigahara wrote:For those of us who weren't around back then

For anyone who's interested, some early milestones include the following (taken approximately from memory):
  • Sometime in like 2005: Jorb starts presenting the idea to me.
  • September 2007: Under the guise of "teaching him how to do it", Jorb tricks me into actually starting developing a simple single-player version. (Jorb has some truly stone-age mockup of Haven still lying around that he may feel free to post if he wants to.)
  • Some month or so later: We switch to a client/server model.
  • December 8th 2007: The characters Jorb and Loftar are born. A few weeks later they can walk around, chop down trees, and pick up the whole logs into their inventories. (As a piece of trivia, I and Jorb still have the entry left for the initial inventory format, both full of logs.)
  • Spring 2008: Major rework of resource handling and switch to OpenGL.
  • I think somewhere between here, cows are implemented, and their hides are made dryable and tannable.
  • August 2008: The homepage is first made, with open registrations. Though noone registers. QQ
  • October 2008: The combat system and accompanying death are implemented and by the hand of Jorb, the hearthlands are soon robbed of their innocence.
  • More mechanics are added.
  • Late May/June 2009: People actually start registering, arriving via SGA, wherein we participated.

Very cool, and I think I speak for everyone when i say we'd all love to see "anything" from the history of Haven, old graphics and the like.
"The light shineth in the darkness; but the darkness comprehended it not."
Aokigahara

Postby loftar » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:09 pm

Aokigahara wrote:Very cool, and I think I speak for everyone when i say we'd all love to see "anything" from the history of Haven, old graphics and the like.

It has been posted previously, but check out the the game page on SGA. It contains quite a few really old screenshots.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby MrGemini » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:37 pm

Greetings, Gemini & Tinkababe

jorb wrote:Given your obvious merits I'm not convinced that that's a loss, but... you would be more helpful if you stated what it is you dislike about this, and why. I can't do much with "QQstopkillinggaembye".
MrGemini

Postby borka » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:44 pm

For sure it's not - some player ru(i)ns it... ;) but anyways in the Info he links here ... :)
borka

Postby jorb » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:47 pm

MrGemini wrote:https://www.facebook.com/pages/Haven-and-Hearth/151208601638712

is this the official h&h page?

Nope. I used to have a group under their old group system, but I haven't bothered making a new one.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Seizure » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:58 pm

:D

You guys listened!

Glad to hear of progress loftar, thanks for the answer.

And the old pictures of H&H. Im sure I said it last time you showed me, but this game has really progressed sense then. It barely looks like the same game after all you've done.
Seizure

Postby MrGemini » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:48 pm

jorb wrote:
Nope. I used to have a group under their old group system, but I haven't bothered making a new one.

make a new one plz :)
Greetings, Gemini & Tinkababe

jorb wrote:Given your obvious merits I'm not convinced that that's a loss, but... you would be more helpful if you stated what it is you dislike about this, and why. I can't do much with "QQstopkillinggaembye".
MrGemini

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:17 pm

Why you need crapbook? Forums not good enough?

@borka: I've looked at playing a few MUDs again off and on over the last several years, but all the effort of setting up all those needed macros again....
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements