Release Postponement: Eternal Alpha, Aug. 28th 2015

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Release Postponement: Eternal Alpha, Aug. 28th 2015

Postby TeckXKnight » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:23 am

Teleportation along formal roads and it can be obstructed by would-be bandits, robbers, and oblivious newbies. Hearthsecrets and party arrows are being removed. =)
TeckXKnight

Postby overtyped » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:00 am

TeckXKnight wrote:Teleportation along formal roads and it can be obstructed by would-be bandits, robbers, and oblivious newbies. Hearthsecrets and party arrows are being removed. =)

If it works like " teleporting along road unt you hit the obstruction. then you could set an ambush, and you can also hire mercenarys to protect you on your travels!
Bob Dole, world first Whale Killer! viewtopic.php?f=80&t=75087
overtyped

Postby _Gunnar » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:10 am

TeckXKnight wrote:Teleportation along formal roads and it can be obstructed by would-be bandits, robbers, and oblivious newbies.

And economic terrorists! Building a wall across the opposing factions road or something...

TeckXKnight wrote:Hearthsecrets and party arrows are being removed. =)

Wow, thats pretty cool :)

I'm so excited for something I don't have time to play...
_Gunnar

Postby Karede » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:13 am

Booked some time off work, guess I'll just put it toward getting my Haven 1.0 affairs in order and play unreal world. Not a huge deal
But I'm definitely made of salt right now
Karede

Postby shubla » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:16 am

overtyped wrote:
TeckXKnight wrote:Teleportation along formal roads and it can be obstructed by would-be bandits, robbers, and oblivious newbies. Hearthsecrets and party arrows are being removed. =)

If it works like " teleporting along road unt you hit the obstruction. then you could set an ambush, and you can also hire mercenarys to protect you on your travels!

If mechanics/players are same as in haven not gonna happen. Some 1000 uac titan gonna ambush roads 24/7 and make all noobs ragequit.
Also people would abuse this and make death traps that you cant get out and youre basically doomed no matter what stats. Possibilities are endless.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby painhertz » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:26 am

overtyped wrote:

I don't think you'll be able to "stop" someone along the road any more than you can intercept someone in between 2 crossroads in current Haven, just think of the end of the road as the outer crossroad and as you extend the road the crossroad moves.... You will however be able to camp the end of a road same as an xroad. This is my guess anyway.
"I shall PERSONALLY witness for you at the shiny, chrome gates of Valhalla!"
painhertz

Postby TeckXKnight » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:33 am

painhertz wrote:I don't think you'll be able to "stop" someone along the road any more than you can intercept someone in between 2 crossroads in current Haven, just think of the end of the road as the outer crossroad and as you extend the road the crossroad moves.... You will however be able to camp the end of a road same as an xroad. This is my guess anyway.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=38489&p=510913#p510913
loftar wrote:We actually implemented road-travel just the other day. So far it's very similar to what Potjeh initially proposed, in that milestones simply give you the option to fast-travel to the other end of the road, given that there are no obstacles on the way. If there are, you'll be stopped there. (It's not entirely complete yet however, as we haven't yet decided exactly what to do with travel-weariness.)
TeckXKnight

Postby Massa » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:37 am

Someone want to explain why we're hyped over things that make this game even more time consuming?

I get it, alt spam was a problem. How am I going to play with my friends if I have no means of finding them?

The adolescents and unemployed in the big factions have all the time to become the masters of this world, but those with responsibilities will, like always, be left behind.

Teleportation, while buggy and messy all around, was productive and useful. I hope you planned this well, lorb.
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby Baldarich » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:47 am

Releases right on my birthday. :D
Teleskop wrote:if the chance to win a lottery is 1 to 1 000 000 it doesnt mean im any closer to winning after buying 1 000 000 tickets
Baldarich

Postby painhertz » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:47 am

I don't know why they didn't simply give paved/road terrain a double or 3x speed bonus. Be you walking, running, carting or horsback riding you would be traveling at 3x speed. other games have it like this and it works great. The concept of "teleporting" along a road just sounds stupid to me, unless there's some sort of graphical treatment of the journey.
"I shall PERSONALLY witness for you at the shiny, chrome gates of Valhalla!"
painhertz

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements