A Plea for Moderation

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: A Plea for Moderation

Postby Jackard » Sat May 02, 2015 4:10 am

infectedking2 wrote:I'm not mad about the mods enforcing rules, I agree that they should give out warnings and if further action is required than need be, but for people like the faggot earlier to put his two cents in when he had no idea what he was on about, which all he was doing is shit posting, for that to get to get no consequence is extremely bad modding, surely if one person were to get banned for something, then surely others who do acts the same if not worse, should see some action towards them.

Mods have differing viewpoints, moderate at their own discretion, and communicate their decisions on a hidden subforum

in this case for example: we have you, an obnoxious shitposting alt, furious at this other guy that is sorta accurate/funny. so personally i dont see the problem, but maybe another mod will.

¦]
Jackard

Postby infectedking » Thu May 07, 2015 10:19 pm

Jackard wrote:
infectedking2 wrote:I'm not mad about the mods enforcing rules, I agree that they should give out warnings and if further action is required than need be, but for people like the faggot earlier to put his two cents in when he had no idea what he was on about, which all he was doing is shit posting, for that to get to get no consequence is extremely bad modding, surely if one person were to get banned for something, then surely others who do acts the same if not worse, should see some action towards them.

Mods have differing viewpoints, moderate at their own discretion, and communicate their decisions on a hidden subforum

in this case for example: we have you, an obnoxious shitposting alt, furious at this other guy that is sorta accurate/funny. so personally i dont see the problem, but maybe another mod will.

¦]

Thank you Jackard for your ultimate piece of shit comment :) Glad to hear how much the mods actually notice between alt accounts and pieces of shit :) I would hope Jorb and Loftar will finally pay attention to how the mods of the forum treat their community since it seems they might be doing more harm to the player base than the forum trolls themselves.

P.s. Is it possible to call a vote or whatever for someone of the playerbase to actually be a mod since they will most likely moderate the forum effectively and not just ban since they're in a bad mood (Sabinati).
dafels wrote:I like to be under Frosty's command.

Any Questions about the game or anything, hit me up on skype: deadlytroll1 Or you can find me in the hedgehug realm chat on discord.
W7: Hermit
W8: Peaceful Farmer of F&I
W9: Peaceful Farmer of F&I
W10: deserter-Peaceful Farmer of F&I
infectedking

Postby windmaker » Thu May 07, 2015 10:34 pm

loftar & jorb dont care much about forums or the game in the actual status
Image #swag
windmaker

Postby TeckXKnight » Thu May 07, 2015 11:26 pm

Moderation is not and never has been a democracy. JLo appoint mods and remove mods at their discretion.
TeckXKnight

Postby windmaker » Thu May 07, 2015 11:29 pm

TeckXKnight wrote:Moderation is not and never has been a democracy..

bcs that when a mod make a shit, just need said Thanks for let me write in your forum

TeckXKnight wrote:JLo appoint mods and remove mods at their discretion.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=32976#p435977 yeh, discretion.. yeh..
Image #swag
windmaker

Postby Kaios » Thu May 07, 2015 11:55 pm

I still think the bans were dumb but I don't think they are bad moderators. I only took issue with those bans for a couple of reasons, one of them being that a week ban seemed rather inappropriate for what you were actually being banned for.

Second, it is a rare occurrence to see a post actioned for "backseat moderation." In fact I don't recall ever seeing that before until now or if it did happen I forget. This taught me that supposedly it is against the rules to say "this guy should be banned" but to be quite frank I didn't think the mods ever gave a shit about that sort of behaviour. As long as you aren't spamming threads at a Lord of War level or just generally being a popfor they don't seem to bother you much.

Anyways, Jackard isn't a bad mod either but he can be a pretty big fag sometimes. I barely see him actually moderating here any more so I was surprised to see him here now responding to what he considers to be shitposts; as if him responding isn't also contributing to the big pile of shit.

Oh well, love you guys.
Kaios

Postby Jackard » Fri May 08, 2015 4:12 am

cuz its a dead game
Jackard

Postby Mernil » Fri May 08, 2015 4:53 am

delete this.
Mernil

Postby infectedking » Fri May 08, 2015 5:18 am

Jackard wrote:cuz its a dead game

Then why don't you quit moderating if you don't believe in it? Lots of people still play this game and I think it's because people saying "it's a dead game" that is making new players feel that it isn't worth playing, so good job jackard :)
dafels wrote:I like to be under Frosty's command.

Any Questions about the game or anything, hit me up on skype: deadlytroll1 Or you can find me in the hedgehug realm chat on discord.
W7: Hermit
W8: Peaceful Farmer of F&I
W9: Peaceful Farmer of F&I
W10: deserter-Peaceful Farmer of F&I
infectedking

Postby Jackard » Fri May 08, 2015 7:04 am

Oh really? Any examples you'd like to share?

Point to any game, and the majority of players do not participate in its forum. If you think an offhand joke is somehow more significant than world stagnation, development hiatus, and the myriad of other problems plaguing Haven? Well, you're an idiot.
Jackard

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements