Slight update: Altpocalypse slowdown

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Slight update: Altpocalypse slowdown

Postby PoisonedV » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:00 am

jorb wrote:I am not entirely convinced by the stronger walls myself. One main reason for this is that when we make things harder to destroy, that also affects people with "legitimate" (non criminal) reasons for wanting to destroy a wall. I also do not think that "alts" are really the problem. I've said elsewhere that for the concept of "alt" to be meaningful in the way that it's now being tossed around, the "alt" has to be a throwaway character with relatively little initial investment required. A character with stats in the hundreds and several expensive black skills does, in my opinion, not qualify as an "alt" in this sense. People having multiple developed characters is of course something I would like to encourage, rather than punish.

I think there has to be a solution that prevents offline stashing in "altvaults".

Thieves have to have their names protected, so as to avoid being outed as thieves in the forums the instant they do something wrong.

Scents need to decay.

The ranging sonar needs to be less exact than it is now.

It should not be possible to "reroll" finding a thief scent by entering and exiting an area repeatedly.

It should be possible to pick locks.

... and a whole lot more, probably.

I like this, except for...
Have you taken a look at the idea for loot bags yet? That more or less removes the problem of alt storage (there still some issues but far far less and most are now very hard rather than impossible)
I definitely like having very inaccurate sonar, though, it gives benefits to living in a city or something where its very hard to pinpoint
I am come for u lives
PoisonedV

Postby Jackard » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:27 am

kobnach wrote:
Jackard wrote:Tying the purchase (but not necessarily use) of a skill to a max belief might have been a better temporary solution than multiplying the LP cost by 100. Say for example, Theft line to Barbarism and Murder line to Death.

There's a trivial exploit which will let you get beliefs of a new character to any level you want in a few minutes of playing time.

i totally forgot that existed
“A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.”
Jackard

Postby eql » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:43 am

so you guys been sploiting your beliefs... whilst the rest try and get through many hours of gameplay to be able to move a slider once.
eql

Postby PoisonedV » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:39 pm

eql wrote:so you guys been sploiting your beliefs... whilst the rest try and get through many hours of gameplay to be able to move a slider once.

nothings stopping you from creating a new character and doing it!
I am come for u lives
PoisonedV

Postby Delamore » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:37 pm

eql wrote:so you guys been sploiting your beliefs... whilst the rest try and get through many hours of gameplay to be able to move a slider once.

Who is "You guys" ?
Delamore

Postby Ferinex » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:38 pm

Delamore wrote:

Who is "You guys" ?

OGOD E-PREJUDICE
i guess they never miss huh
Ferinex

Postby theTrav » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:39 pm

Delamore wrote:

Who is "You guys" ?

My assumption would be that he's referring to any guys who have been 'sploiting' their beliefs...
theTrav

Postby Distract » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:11 am

theTrav wrote:
Delamore wrote:

Who is "You guys" ?

My assumption would be that he's referring to any guys who have been 'sploiting' their beliefs...

hes actually talking about the blacks, thank you.
Distract

Postby niltrias » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:07 pm

@distract
Nice name. It suits.
<Marcher Lord>
Dogs! Oh god, please give us DOGS!
There are those who press on with the ardor of beer, and those who are faint with thirst.
niltrias

Previous

Return to Announcements