Mini-update: Ironworking qualities

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Mini-update: Ironworking qualities

Postby loftar » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:23 am

Avu wrote:How much does the q drop or raise on those 40%/10%?

When it drops, it does so to 80% of the original quality. When it raises, it does so to 120%.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby DatOneGuy » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:42 am

Interesting, this takes away the hardcore aspect of steel in 'time/macro' and replaces it with insane amounts of digging iron ore in order to get good quality.

Definitely going to have to play with this, a good update :P
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Hi. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
DatOneGuy

Postby Tacheron » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:55 am

Yeah? Next update - mines are reduced in size, only a few thousand ore per mine :D
This is not a test of power
This is not a game to be lost or won
Let justice be done
Tacheron

Postby Dusk » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:07 am

Good update. Making steel is still difficult, but less of a headache now. And I'm glad coal quality matters, that always bugged me.
Dusk

Postby Uriel » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:07 am

UPDATE ! yey ! :mrgreen:
Uriel

Postby saltmummy626 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:00 pm

Its good to have an update... but still... sad face here, its not really relevant to anyone who doesn't have the ability to make steel or even own an iron mine. I guess you could trade for the iron and try to make the steel your self but still... thanks anyway guys its good to see stuff happening. I also miss the stuff updates.
Want to touch my fibula?
Gulgatha, place of the skull.
saltmummy626

Postby Bl1tzX » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:06 pm

We'll give them time to work on stuff salt, and once they've finished, what they've created will affect everyone as a whole, for the better or the worse.
Bl1tzX

Postby exewu » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:11 pm

Eh why would temp Q encourage macro'ing? All you had to do was count the number of sticks/boards you needed to reach 100%. It wasn't very hard and I bet most figured that out a long time ago.

How would steel quality compare to steel quality right now? A 20% bump in power on current quality bars would be quite hilarious.
exewu

Postby DatOneGuy » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:59 pm

Refilling the steel encouraged macro'ing I believe is the case. Clearly since only the last few ticks mattered if you had it somewhere that unloaded frequently it's not too big of a problem but if that were fixed to work properly (wasn't there talk of getting things to persist such as kiln qualitywhen doing bricks during crash) then steel would be as painfully long a process as it should be.

I don't see a problem with it tbh, it's a pain in the ass of a process but it should be, although it's true that once it gets macro'd, it's too easy again. :lol:

With this system it seems good, you'd need to make 10x the wrought to make good steel and due to the +20% bump you'd also need much better crucibles, this makes hq clay that much more valuable, especially for crucibles now which I doubt everyone valued too high since in the old steel formula they didn't count for too much.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Hi. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
DatOneGuy

Postby exewu » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:12 pm

DatOneGuy wrote:Refilling the steel encouraged macro'ing I believe is the case. Clearly since only the last few ticks mattered if you had it somewhere that unloaded frequently it's not too big of a problem but if that were fixed to work properly (wasn't there talk of getting things to persist such as kiln qualitywhen doing bricks during crash) then steel would be as painfully long a process as it should be.

I've never experienced low quality steel because of server crashes. And I don't really see how refilling changed? You still need to do it ever 10 hours at least and it's still a pain to do solo if you have a job/school. Which I guess is the point, you do need some kind of mechanism to encourage group play.
exewu

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements