Mini-update: Ironworking qualities

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Mini-update: Ironworking qualities

Postby Dusk » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:15 pm

loftar wrote:For the record: The reason I wanted to try the Temp-Q mechanic in the first place was because I wanted it to be so that maximum-quality steel was a very rare thing, but that, with extra work, one could always improve the quality of one's steel. Of course, it was, on the other hand, a bad mechanic in that it encouraged grinding and macroing.

Loftar is trying to keep people away from maximum quality steel. If the cast to bloom/slag stage increased quality as well reaching your maximum quality for steel would be even easier.
Dusk

Postby Brickbreaker » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:56 pm

Well... I understand I'm in the minority but the temp-Q system was the one thing that I actually liked about how it's quality worked.

It made the quality decided by your own commitment and determination, but now its all the same.
I know it was annoying etc.. but with a few tweaks i think it could've been a great system.
Brickbreaker

Postby DeadlyPencil » Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:19 am

Brickbreaker wrote:Well... I understand I'm in the minority but the temp-Q system was the one thing that I actually liked about how it's quality worked.

It made the quality decided by your own commitment and determination, but now its all the same.
I know it was annoying etc.. but with a few tweaks i think it could've been a great system.

the old system was crap, and iam pretty sure it only counted the last tick, because thats what our village did. so sux to be you if that is correct and you stayed up for each tick on your steel.
DeadlyPencil

Postby DatOneGuy » Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:57 am

DeadlyPencil wrote:
Brickbreaker wrote:Well... I understand I'm in the minority but the temp-Q system was the one thing that I actually liked about how it's quality worked.

the old system was crap, and iam pretty sure it only counted the last tick, because thats what our village did. so sux to be you if that is correct and you stayed up for each tick on your steel.

If you read, it was neither 'last tick' nor 'every tick' it seems.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Hi. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
DatOneGuy

Postby sabinati » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:03 am

it was both, depending on your behavior :V

stay and babysit? every tick mattered

set it and forget it? only the last tick mattered
sabinati

Postby DatOneGuy » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:22 am

sabinati wrote:it was both, depending on your behavior :V

stay and babysit? every tick mattered

set it and forget it? only the last tick mattered

True, as long as 'set it and forget it' meant that no one went in the area of it to 'load' it so that you ended up with ticks not at 100%...
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Hi. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
DatOneGuy

Postby swordsmanM » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:39 am

I just really dislike how my iron comes out 20q crappier then it did before the update. Even with my high amount of smithing and decently high anvil/hammer all my Wrought/Cast come out decreased in quality.
swordsmanM

Postby Skorm » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:04 pm

just dont understand why you are "randomly" lowering up the bars, its kinda sucky since now it dosent depend on mats as much, now its a luck thing, you might waste your good q coals and get as good metals as you do get by using normal q coal.....
d_datica wrote:Get the damn server back up before I go back to having a life

USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST

~art By SacreDoom
Skorm

Postby ewlol » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:36 am

Some of my iron comes out 30
points higher and its really cool
because you feel much more
accomplished when you get those
30 points and then you don't even
care about the few bars you lost