Mini-update: Ironworking qualities

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Mini-update: Ironworking qualities

Postby Tacheron » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:03 pm

DatOneGuy wrote:The smelting and finery forgan can be done by either, and the mining should be done in a party to get best results.

There must be something I'm missing. How does a full nature person contribute to MINING?

And the only reason I could see a full nature person being relevant in the whole process is to plant the trees that are used to make coal later on.

Seriously, if you have some info I don't, please share :)
This is not a test of power
This is not a game to be lost or won
Let justice be done
Tacheron

Postby Uriel » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:14 pm

they have minining alts mate ==
Uriel

Postby Tacheron » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:31 pm

What I'm asking is "is there a reason you'd want to use a full nature person over a full industry person in the process of mining?"
Let justice be done
Tacheron

Postby DatOneGuy » Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:34 pm

Full nature is used for the blooming process into wrought. It turns more wrought back into cast, with the 1.2x quality multiplier at a 10% chance you'd be getting better cast, that better cast can make better forges which can make in turn again better stats. Basically with enough clay you can spiral infinitely with lower returns due to clay.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Hi. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
DatOneGuy

Postby Avu » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:03 am

And due to mining... you need 10 times as much ore for 20% increase, 100 times for 44%, 1000 times more for 72 %, 10000 times more for 206% etc... on average
"Since all men count themselves righteous, and since
no righteous man raises his hand against the innocent,
a man need only strike another to make him evil."
Avu

Postby DatOneGuy » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:34 am

Hardwork pays off and none of it is lost since you can just sell the shit tier stuff, or use it.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Hi. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
DatOneGuy

Postby Tacheron » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:41 am

DatOneGuy wrote:Full nature is used for the blooming process into wrought. It turns more wrought back into cast, with the 1.2x quality multiplier at a 10% chance you'd be getting better cast, that better cast can make better forges which can make in turn again better stats. Basically with enough clay you can spiral infinitely with lower returns due to clay.

Ohhhh...now I get ya :) I never did wrought to get better cast, I did wrought to get more wrought, so this didn't come to mind :)
Let justice be done
Tacheron

Postby DeadlyPencil » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:30 pm

anyone know if the hammer and anvil quality reduction is applied before or after the 20% happens?
DeadlyPencil

Postby Anaklumos » Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:22 pm

So wait... What can increase the Q of your iron, and what can decrease it, all the way from being ore to Steel.
Anaklumos

Postby DatOneGuy » Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:28 pm

DeadlyPencil wrote:anyone know if the hammer and anvil quality reduction is applied before or after the 20% happens?

Well from my numbers it seems that anvil/hammer have no play in it whatsoever if it's reduced or increased, however only if you get that 50% 'normal' hit.

Not sure if bug or not, but it seems to work pretty cool, it's definitely not easy and you waste a lot of trees this way, good motivation.
DatOneGuy

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements