Game Development: Nothing Major

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Nothing Major

Postby Xarx » Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:33 pm

Potjeh wrote:Indeed. Seriously, where is the search button?

I haven't seen any threads since the first 250+ post thread granted I haven't been on /v/ for that long since I've started playing this game.

As for the search function, you are out of luck on that one, threads usually don't last longer than 2-3 hours max anyway.
Xarx

Postby EveryTimeV » Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:55 am

Potjeh wrote:Indeed. Seriously, where is the search button?

There is none, all threads are given 10 Pages. If they are not active long enough they will hit page 10, all threads reaching a post limit will auto-sage (Wont bump) and drop past page 10, in other words any thread that was posted yesterday will never be seen again today unless it was put on the archives.

There is no search button.

There is no hope of finding a specific thread.

So in other words we/ one of us has to make a new H&H Thread, which you then have to be online at the right time to see.
I will steal all of the RuneStones in the land, if your stone has gone missing in the night then I'm already hauling it.
EveryTimeV

Postby Potjeh » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:21 am

That sounds like a terrible system, but I suppose there's a good reason for it. I'm guessing that the forums are so active they'd quickly fill up the server if threads weren't deleted regularly.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby EveryTimeV » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:47 am

Potjeh wrote:That sounds like a terrible system, but I suppose there's a good reason for it. I'm guessing that the forums are so active they'd quickly fill up the server if threads weren't deleted regularly.

No, it's an imageboard.

The entire reason for thread deletion after a certain time is to keep the boards on the mindset of producing new/fresher material instead of "SAME SHIT" Being posted every day. The site itself was always like this, there were more pages beforehand though, it just uses the prune more now. Storage-wise, the site has a lot of bandwidth due to regular DDoS, The userbase itself is in the thousands at any given time too.

I'm not one to really question the boards mechanics itself, since the most pressing concern for every damned board is the community of down right retards themselves.
I will steal all of the RuneStones in the land, if your stone has gone missing in the night then I'm already hauling it.
EveryTimeV

Postby Jackard » Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:56 pm

Potjeh wrote:That sounds like a terrible system, but I suppose there's a good reason for it. I'm guessing that the forums are so active they'd quickly fill up the server if threads weren't deleted regularly.

imageboards are a step between chatrooms and forums

cant say i like em much
Jackard

Postby spckk » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:43 pm

imageboards are more or less good forums, ruined by hentai and animated gifs of dogs pooping on eachother. like.. like if Captain America started working in Iran, and the like.
spckk

Postby Darth_GW7 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:32 pm

4chan is the scourge of the internet, why would you want to go there.
Darth_GW7

Postby Blaze » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:00 pm

Darth_GW7 wrote:4chan is the scourge of the internet, why would you want to go there.

For the lulz of course! The lulz!

Oh, and to troll the living gentle caress out of pedos, newfags, grammar nazis, internet humanitarians, attention whores, internet tough guys, basement dwellers, wannabe politicians, srs cats, hormonally dictated pre-teens, and people who fap to "different" fetishes; not necessarily in that order.

Besides, in the future, your worth will be determined by how much fappable material and funny poo-poo you have stored on your hard drive.
You see a masterful engraving by Blaze. On it is Blaze, bears, boars, and foxes. Blaze is striking down the bears. The boars are screaming. The foxes are in a fetal position. The image relates to the return of Blaze in the late winter of 2009.
Blaze

Postby ArPharazon » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:51 pm

Blaze wrote:Besides, in the future, your worth will be determined by how much fappable material and funny poo-poo you have stored on your hard drive.

By that logic, 4chan is the future. All the more reason to insist on willful anachronism.
ArPharazon

Previous

Return to Announcements