Server issues: New server

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Server issues: New server

Postby Zou » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:19 am

Jorb knocked on my window and said hi
hullo, this is bawhopp
Zou

Postby jock » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:53 am

sort it out.
jock

Postby joojoo1975 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:05 am

so the server has been dead for over 6 hours? i remember when W6 was born was because the server(W5) died for like over 3+ days.
To Protect The Helpless From The Heartless
joojoo1975

Postby bamump2k9 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:18 am

joojoo1975 wrote:so the server has been dead for over 6 hours? i remember when W6 was born was because the server(W5) died for like over 3+ days.

well actually its more like there's a problem with the server that forces it to shut down and restart again. the problem has been continuing through the past (i'm guessing) 3 times it shut down. If the problem isn't solved in the next time the server is up it might warrent a new world, based on the severity of the problem.
The sum of my experience is comprised up of more skeletons on my own claim then alot of you guys have wood blocks invested in your wall. But even though these skeles show i am a bad player- i still strive to continue through this vile territory in the hopes that one day i will have an army big enough to find you and murder all you know
xoxo ~bamump
bamump2k9

Postby bmjclark » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:20 am

A new world would likely not solve anything. Not like it's going to magically give loftar more time to fix the server
Cajoes wrote:I was the murder victim your guy aggro'd. And slew. Entirely unprovoked. Rather handily at that. Which prompted the retaliatory party. That you also handily slew.
bmjclark

Postby bamump2k9 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:22 am

bmjclark wrote:A new world would likely not solve anything. Not like it's going to magically give loftar more time to fix the server

welp, you have a point. but i'm just getting angsty for a fresh start
The sum of my experience is comprised up of more skeletons on my own claim then alot of you guys have wood blocks invested in your wall. But even though these skeles show i am a bad player- i still strive to continue through this vile territory in the hopes that one day i will have an army big enough to find you and murder all you know
xoxo ~bamump
bamump2k9

Postby Crow1313 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:23 am

I just started playing HnH a week ago so a new world would be really cool for me.

The constant server shutdown is annoying as heck though.

I hope Salem doesn't have any issues like this or any lag. Looking forward to that game.
Crow1313

Postby Scytone » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:26 am

bmjclark wrote:A new world would likely not solve anything. Not like it's going to magically give loftar more time to fix the server

It depends entirely on the problem. Say there is some sort of corruption in the world files somewhere that was spawned from god knows what.
a New world would fix this issue. You are claiming the issue is with the server and not the game. However I believe the issue could be with the game files. Then again I don't know much about the current server they are using.

However if the issue is some strange Memory leak, a new world would not fix the issue. However the server seems to lag from the moment it starts up, so although its possible a memory leak exists, its probably not causing the crash.

Players could be crashing it, but Idk, I doubt it.

I wouldn't be surprised if something corrupted itself.
Scytone

Postby bamump2k9 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:31 am

its just one big sitting game till we can do what little we are able to.
xoxo ~bamump
bamump2k9

Postby Mumbles » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:32 am

joojoo1975 wrote:so the server has been dead for over 6 hours? i remember when W6 was born was because the server(W5) died for like over 3+ days.

I think that was my first server crash, too. I had just caught a rabid jackalope and started studying it, but I got hungry, so I butchered it in my study.

I can haz anothr rabid jackalope nao plz?
Mumbles

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements