Game Development: We think you'll notice.

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Game Development: We think you'll notice.

Postby jorb » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:07 am

We've been developing tonight, and here's what's new.

Restored Functionality, Bears: Killing bears now gives learning points as was originally intended, with all relevant implications.

Misc: Poor Man's Belt and Gloves.

Enjoy.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Re: Game Development: We think you'll notice.

Postby Ruggan » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:19 am

Poor Man's Gloves should probably layer under robes.
Ruggan

Postby jorb » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:31 am

Ruggan wrote:Poor Man's Gloves should probably layer under robes.

Word. I'll need to redo the draw order priorities for all the clothes at some point.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

jorb

Postby Blaze » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:35 am

jorb wrote:Restored Functionality, Bears: Killing bears now gives learning points as was originally intended, with all relevant implications.

:awesome:

Bear LP was finally restored, I'm pretty sure the older players know what that means.
Hint: "We've nerfed bear LP since it was too easy to kill them, we'll restore it when we implement ___________"
You see a masterful engraving by Blaze. On it is Blaze, bears, boars, and foxes. Blaze is striking down the bears. The boars are screaming. The foxes are in a fetal position. The image relates to the return of Blaze in the late winter of 2009.
Blaze

Postby theTrav » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:44 am

Blaze wrote:
jorb wrote:Restored Functionality, Bears: Killing bears now gives learning points as was originally intended, with all relevant implications.

:awesome:

Bear LP was finally restored, I'm pretty sure the older players know what that means.

queue up some Benny hill music!cue me circling a tree as fast as my little stumpy legs can carry me
theTrav

Postby Ruggan » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:45 am

Does the poor mans' gear do anything special? Or do we need to find out on our own?
Ruggan

Postby theTrav » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:47 am

Ruggan wrote:Does the poor mans' gear do anything special? Or do we need to find out on our own?

I assume they are fingerless, so combining the ability to retain warmth you gain from standing around a fire in a 40 gallon drum with the manual dexterity required to operate a hobo's goon flagon. Also highly fashionable.
theTrav

Postby Blaze » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:47 am

Ruggan wrote:Does the poor mans' gear do anything special? Or do we need to find out on our own?

They take up spa- They prevent leeches from attaching to the slots they occupy.
Last edited by Blaze on Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
You see a masterful engraving by Blaze. On it is Blaze, bears, boars, and foxes. Blaze is striking down the bears. The boars are screaming. The foxes are in a fetal position. The image relates to the return of Blaze in the late winter of 2009.
Blaze

Postby jorb » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:49 am

They do nothing. When we implement weather/cold/some other relevant point of differentiation/ they might do something. For now they're just for kicks and giggles. Assigning a stat increase to them just seemed baroque.

jorb

Postby Blaze » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:51 am

theTrav wrote:queue up some Benny hill music!cue me circling a tree as fast as my little stumpy legs can carry me

Equivalent?
Blaze

Next

Return to Announcements