Downtime notice: Server overload

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Downtime notice: Server overload

Postby Azkanan » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:47 am

They say that newbies make the best slaves, because they play forl ike, 18 hours straight for the first week...
Azkanan

Postby FatBob » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:50 am

Azkanan wrote:They say that newbies make the best slaves, because they play forl ike, 18 hours straight for the first week...

Wtf ? and they enjoy the game ? where is the salves ?
cgbnab wrote:Last time I died I got a few seconds to stare at my corpse and watch NaoWhut call me a "bosha".
FatBob

Postby Azkanan » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:52 am

FatBob wrote:
Azkanan wrote:They say that newbies make the best slaves, because they play forl ike, 18 hours straight for the first week...

It's like baking, man.

You introduce them to the oven, throw them a few sticks, wait for them to download and play - then you have to catch them and use them, before their interest burns out.

And they turn to ashes? I guess? Might be a tad too far, there, though.
Azkanan

Postby Zamp » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:11 am

Azkanan wrote:
FatBob wrote:

It's like baking, man.

You introduce them to the oven, throw them a few sticks, wait for them to download and play - then you have to catch them and use them, before their interest burns out.

And they turn to ashes? I guess? Might be a tad too far, there, though.

Dude, wat?
Zamp

Postby Jolaj » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:15 am

Chakravanti wrote:I like player triggered ragnaroks. Perhaps a series of conditions might intiate a countdown and another series of conditions could stop, start, reset or entire diffuse the countdown and save the world.

Different conditons would trigger different kinds of apocolypses.

It would almost definitely involve hosting a feast over (or of) the dead bodies of your slain enemies in a worthy Hall.

Most definitely
Jolaj

Postby Ninijutsu » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:19 am

Bad analogy.
Better analogy:

Newbies are clay, and H&H is a Kiln. The newbies are thrown into the kiln, and as their interest (the kiln's fire) burns, they have lots of fun. However, eventually they will turn into bricks. Inanimate, inactive fodder for others to use (such as when they leave behind villages full of stuff for more newbs to raid and use). The select few, whilst in the kiln, mold themselves into Unburnt Clay Pipes. Once the kiln burns out, they do not. Their interest keeps burning from the tobacco known as new updates and in-game drama, and the hemp buds known as their own creativity and imagination.
Of another era.
Ninijutsu

Postby Handofevil » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:25 am

Ninijutsu wrote:Bad analogy.
Better analogy:

Newbies are clay, and H&H is a Kiln. The newbies are thrown into the kiln, and as their interest (the kiln's fire) burns, they have lots of fun. However, eventually they will turn into bricks. Inanimate, inactive fodder for others to use (such as when they leave behind villages full of stuff for more newbs to raid and use). The select few, whilst in the kiln, mold themselves into Unburnt Clay Pipes. Once the kiln burns out, they do not. Their interest keeps burning from the tobacco known as new updates and in-game drama, and the hemp buds known as their own creativity and imagination.

You forgot to mention that the hemp somtimes runs out.
NaoWhut wrote:a nice juicy jorb dong.
Handofevil

Postby sonerohi » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:46 am

If you had enough hemp to start with, sometimes you don't notice it running out.
Ofc, enough varies person to person.
sonerohi

Postby majortom » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:58 am

I just started playing this last night, I take it the server is still down?
majortom

Postby Zamp » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:01 am

majortom wrote:I just started playing this last night, I take it the server is still down?

Yes. You can see the server status on the home page. Outages this long are pretty rare.
Zamp

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements