Downtime notice: Server overload

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Downtime notice: Server overload

Postby sabinati » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:35 am

abagraba1 wrote:
Butko wrote:
burgingham wrote:AD has proven that you still can do anything, even several months into the world. A reset should only come with major changes at the current status of the game.

Again somebody is forgeting that you need to own something to be such successfull. And ofc have a bunch of trustworthy ppl around u to help u. I'm 100% sure that A.D. didn't start from 0. But there were probably a lot of ppl that already had some weapons, tools and stuff, even some ppl who owned mine joined.
So you want to say that if now we put in world 10-20 newbs that they can make village stronger or at least even strong as your or A.D.? They won't even find own mine and probably not even good clay, water and soil spot. Most of spots are already taken. Ok even if they find one spot, they still need other stuff to success. The fastest way to success now in game is to have a good stuff to sell: gold, silver, iron, jewelry,... If u have none of this u r 0. U can read this many times big fucking 0, zero, nada, нулю, nič, ling, nolla, null, אפס, rei, cero, sifir, nula... Got that? In current world only chance to get such mine is to find a cave mine very close to entrance on edge of the world but that would at least take 1-2 months. Before those newebs manage to build up enough agi to travel to center to trade that stuff there would be at least 1 more month and 1 month for building all buildings, fields,... So at least 4 months to even be on same boat as big ones are, not as strong as they are. Then you need at least 2 motnhs to raise your quality of crops, food, wood,...
So don't tell me that A.D. was bunch of total newbs if u need at least 4-6 months to make decent village with at least 100+q food. Even if they play 24/7 plants just don't grow so fast. When A.D. formed they already had most of that stuff so that is why they have grownso fast. And what makes them even stronger? Mnopol over silver and gold in their region. I bet u will hardly find a village or player that still owns silver or gold mine to sell stuff and had nothing to do with A.D.

So plz don't bullshit that u can do anything after few months when world starts. You cannot if u already don't have something to build on. Going from zero when basicaly all resources are already taken and when you need to grind 2 hours to get a simple chest of fucking cast iron q10 in not a way to do it. Trust me. Been there done that.

Ok I must seriously call bullshit on that. I started off as a lone newbie in the woods. I found a random log cabin with pumkins out fron and thats where I founded Lost Caverns. We had nothing. No mine, no metal. All we had was a small q20 deposit of clay, pumpkins, and our namesake, a tiny cavern. Did that stop us from doing anything? No. I invited a friend and the two of us built up a village based on trade and goodwill. We never had gold, silver or jewelry. Like Rozn said, do something yourself and actually try to build up a name for yourself. Now we have access to all sorts of mines of all types. Its not about becoming the most powerful you can become in 2 weeks of play. This game is about building and creating something. Society, civilization, a whole new world. If everyone had metal, and everyone had gold, and everyone had q1000 thanes with q 100 dragon helms and q130 steel plates, where would the fun be? You would have no goals, or anything to do at all.

Sorry for bringing this discussion up again. I jsut had to say this.

Edit: Also jorb, can I had my wolf cape nao?

seriously, listen to this guy
sabinati

Postby belondes » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:52 am

LAWL
well, listen to this - i know a russian fella, who finds around 1-4 mines roughtly PER DAY when he do hes search adventures.
How you like that? so don't need to tell how is hard to find a damn mine. If you want to - you will find one. Bad luck and lack of ability to work hard - that's not an option or/and opinion.
You can wonder - WTH?!? cheatzor (LOL) or whatever. He probably lives in some really deserted area.. no, he does not. He lives in about 2 super grids near Constantinople.

The bad part of the story - he somehow manages to find hes death once in a few weeks but that's another story.
belondes

Postby Jahng » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:02 am

belondes wrote:LAWL
well, listen to this - i know a russian fella, who finds around 1-4 mines roughtly PER DAY when he do hes search adventures.
How you like that? so don't need to tell how is hard to find a damn mine. If you want to - you will find one. Bad luck and lack of ability to work hard - that's not an option or/and opinion.
You can wonder - WTH?!? cheatzor (LOL) or whatever. He probably lives in some really deserted area.. no, he does not. He lives in about 2 super grids near Constantinople.

The bad part of the story - he somehow manages to find hes death once in a few weeks but that's another story.

I find that kind of hard to believe.
Jahng

Postby belondes » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:35 am

Jahng wrote:I find that kind of hard to believe.

I said exactly the same thing, when i first heard about that. Aiight i will get more detailed stats as soon as he gets on.
belondes

Postby belondes » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:43 am

Oh yea here is another example - dude who left our village to grab hes hands on a mine found silver one in emm i think 2 days (3 days max coz im not sure).
belondes

Postby Butko » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:04 am

Lies... proof or didn't happened... And cave mines doesn't count hence they are fucked up to use...
Butko

Postby Haba » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:47 am

Butko wrote:

Lies... proof or didn't happened... And cave mines doesn't count hence they are fucked up to use...

Yes, mr. Butko here is entitled to a surface iron mine within the comfortable reach of q100 soil, water and clay. He won't mine in caves, since his quality time is better spent making valuable development suggestions. Nor will he trade for the metals as that is degrading.

Thanks for proving the point!

Btw, there is one unclaimed iron mine in the central grid. It has been prospected, but the palisade surrounding it decayed and whoever had their claim over it has declaimed. I won't tell you where it is though, you'll have to work for it. Used to belong to russians too, so you might get killed for it :)
Haba

Postby Butko » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:36 am

Haba wrote:
Butko wrote:

Yes, mr. Butko here is entitled to a surface iron mine within the comfortable reach of q100 soil, water and clay. He won't mine in caves, since his quality time is better spent making valuable development suggestions. Nor will he trade for the metals as that is degrading.

Thanks for proving the point!

Btw, there is one unclaimed iron mine in the central grid. It has been prospected, but the palisade surrounding it decayed and whoever had their claim over it has declaimed. I won't tell you where it is though, you'll have to work for it. Used to belong to russians too, so you might get killed for it :)

That ios good one! Even if u find a mine u get killed coz it is in russian territory. Also I still don't believe that he find any mine in central area. I said proof or didn't happened.
Butko

Postby Winterbrass » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:50 pm

Butko wrote:That ios good one! Even if u find a mine u get killed coz it is in russian territory. Also I still don't believe that he find any mine in central area. I said proof or didn't happened.

God, you're such a picky, finicky bitch. You're probably not even playing, waiting for one of your 'friends' to get silk production and tailoring up so that you don't have to wear anything that isn't silk, amirite?
jorb wrote:Haven aims to be hardcore.
Winterbrass

Postby Butko » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:57 pm

Winterbrass wrote:
Butko wrote:That ios good one! Even if u find a mine u get killed coz it is in russian territory. Also I still don't believe that he find any mine in central area. I said proof or didn't happened.

God, you're such a picky, finicky bitch. You're probably not even playing, waiting for one of your 'friends' to get silk production and tailoring up so that you don't have to wear anything that isn't silk, amirite?

That is what u think...
Butko

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements